Miller Genuine Draft Light 64 Lemonade - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller Genuine Draft Light 64 LemonadeMiller Genuine Draft Light 64 Lemonade

Beer added by: woodychandler on 04-19-2011

« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
Ratings: 73 | Reviews: 27
1.74/5  rDev 0%

"Light Beer with natural lemon flavor and Sucralose"
"Light Beer" printed in script on the label.

Murky hazed straw gold, pretty much what you'd expect color-wise. Sticky white foam that laces the pint glass surprisingly. Slow trails of carbonation visible. Head takes a few minutes to fade. Swirling produces that "swarm of angry bees" type carbonation under the surface.

Artificial lemonhead candy sweetener scent, behind that there's a weird synthetic saccharin smell. Something ain't right here.

Tastes like watered down lemonade koolaid, or if you took some lemonheads candy and swirled it in an MGD 64 until they dissolved. Hollow feel, utterly bland with sweet lemon candy skidmarks. Filmy artificial sweetener slickness that leaves an unnatural coating on the tongue.

Taste... what taste? Water-diluted lemonheads, splash of MGD 64, packet of Splenda... aka SUCRALOSE (wtf? this is actually on the label) = MGD 64 Lemonade. Save money and make your own at home, with the recipe listed above.

This is merely a feeble attempt by Miller to "compete" with Leine's Summer Shandy.
Thanks Sebastian for the bonus beer, i'd never buy this.

2.24/5  rDev +28.7%

When I saw this in the singles cooler at my local, I figured that I would be the perfect Guinea Pig, especially after the recent thread ( http://beeradvocate.com/forum/read/3704098 ) about how awful it is supposed to be. I am getting to be like the hippies - I'll try anything once, man.

My aggro pour netted me just over a finger of fluffy bone-white head that fell faster than Skylab. Color was a very cloudy lemon-yellow. It is a fresh bottle (Best by date of Jul 10/18 (?) - a little smudged), so I assume this is what it is supposed to look like. Nose had a pungent lemon tartness to it. Mouthfeel was thin and fizzy to the point that I felt like I was drinking pop. The flavor was way too sweet for my liking. It tasted more like lemon candy than "natural lemon flavor" as noted on the label. I was hoping for something much more tart, but this was more towards alcopop. Finish was lingeringly sweet with a strange chemical aftertaste. Better living through chemistry? Not in this case! I did not come away with buyer's remorse, but I was close to it.

« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
Miller Genuine Draft Light 64 Lemonade from Miller Brewing Co.