Mickey's - Miller Brewing Co.

Mickey'sMickey's

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Malt Liquor |  5.60% ABV

Beer added by: pezoids on 07-03-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Mickey's Alström Bros
Ratings: 1,151 | Reviews: 335

Hands down, the worst alcoholic beverage I've ever consumed.

4.3/5  rDev +73.4%

Ahhh my beautiful, you were my first. Tho I know they say you're not perfect, to me you are. Thank you for all the memories.

3.22/5  rDev +29.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Dull yellow in color with excellent clarity. Poured with a creamy white foam with medium low retention. Very light corn aroma. No malt or hop aromas. Light bodied with medium high, stinging carbonation. Corn cereal flavor followed by an assertive green apple flavor that lingered to the finish. No malt or hop flavors. What hop bitterness there may have been was cloaked by the green apple sourness. Despite the malt liquor classification the abv on this was lower than I thought it was. No solvent characters or harshness. This took me back to the days of the finger slicing pull tabs theg used to have. At least they kept the big mouth format. Finished crisp and dry. Fairly easy to quaff.

1.53/5  rDev -38.3%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

It's a cheap beer with that distinctive wide mouth green bottle. Helps you drink it faster 'cause it's not a beer that you would want to savor, but has a kick to it.

3.59/5  rDev +44.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

Green wide-mouth bottle...

...drank directly from the bottle. I poured another for the look: light yellow gold color with a fast fade sugary white head. A drop or few of lacing. Sadly beautiful.

Sweet smelling grainy malts, grassy. Obligatory skunk-e-ness. Delightful.

The taste follows the nose, minus the skunk. It's sweet, surely. Thankfully, it lacks mineral-it-is. Yummy.

It feels like a malt liquor should...feel, that is.

Better than the sum of its parts, as my numbers indicate.

1.69/5  rDev -31.9%

Drank this a lot in high school as it was cheap, readily available, and 40 ounces was enough to get a nice buzz. Can't say much more than that about it except the flavor often made me want to puke.

2.81/5  rDev +13.3%
look: 2.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Honestly speaking here, if I'm ever going to buy a 40 oz. again in my life, it will be Mickey's. If not just for the novelty of it, but its really a better tasting, easier drinking beer than anything else I've seen in a 40oz. bottle.

2.69/5  rDev +8.5%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Probably the best out of all comparable options. Tastes grainy and not as metallic as most malt liquors.

3.44/5  rDev +38.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

This isnt that bad meow

2.71/5  rDev +9.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Okay...first of all it is criminal that the photo of Mickey's here is not the classic green bottle (brain grenades). Second, what the heck are you people expecting from this beer (I did call them brain grenades for Pete's sake).
I used to take these golfing with me. I would never consider drinking them for flavor. Ratings based on what it is, not compared to a $12 bomber IIPA.

1.61/5  rDev -35.1%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

When you're 16, a few 40's of this does the trick.

Delicious beer. You know for a malt liquor it is so much better than the competitors. Really enjoy this beer. love it. get off your high horse

Reminds me of Meyer Park in Houston. My friend's older bro used to buy us 40 oz of these and we'd harass every living thing that would cross our path after downing a couple. Good times lol

1.44/5  rDev -41.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

Even when I enjoyed malt liquor as a young man, never really liked this lol

1.75/5  rDev -29.4%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap

1.27/5  rDev -48.8%

Very light in color definitely cheap by its taste but not as bad as some other malts that I've had. Very good if you want something cheap to take on a fishing or camping for the week end but is also not bad for the price

2.82/5  rDev +13.7%

Bought this with a bunch of other malt liquors. The cashier gave a smug look as I gleefully smiled ear to ear in anticipation of sampling these dumpster diving delicacies, since I didn't drink beer underage I never got the chance to try these gems.

Appearance: Amber body with a good foam head that disappears after a minute.

Smell: Served it cold enough to not give much smell, but what there is I hope I don't let it warm to find out and this no sipping beer so no worries.

Taste: Not much there and can't taste the booze at all, really just meant to deliver alcohol to the body. Some sweetness and slight graininess that stays just a bit to beautifully reveal a rusted metal twang on the finish making it so you must keep drinking to offset it and again you don't want this bad boy to warm up.

Feel: thinish body, you don't really want to "feel" this beer just shove it down the booze hole.

Not as bad as I thought going in. No reall offensiveness and the booze is hidden, it doesn't taste like much at all, but that gets boring real quick. I can see why people buy these i wonder if the others will have more flavor for better or worse, can't be as bad as stone 11/11/11.

2.57/5  rDev +3.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.75

Get Stung! Drank a couple pints today for old times sake. Still does the job and I feel is one of the tastier Malt Liquors. First time I had it in a 16 oz. can so that was cool.

Six pack of grenades plus Dungeons and Dragons equals successful campaign.

2.93/5  rDev +18.1%

L- Clear yellow.

S- Sweet, lagery aroma.

T- Sweet, filler grains, seems balanced for what it is.

F- Bubbly, poundable.

O- Mickeys is okay.

1.5/5  rDev -39.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

I hate House of Pain for mentioning this swill in a song,which subsequently made me buy and drink it.

1.5/5  rDev -39.5%

had this one in a grenade bottle, even as a novice college drinker could tell this was piss.

1.55/5  rDev -37.5%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

Not good at all but expected.

2.09/5  rDev -15.7%

40oz plastic bottle poured into a pint glass

A- pours a nearly clear pale straw color with a small fizzy white head that reduces almost completely, leaving nothing behind

S- cooked corn, metal, grains chemicals

T- sweet and malty up front with flavors of creamed corn, metal and a whip of grassy hop. Finishes slightly sweet and then drops off all together

M- light body with moderate carbonation leads to a foamy mouthfeel and a sweet crisp finish

O- tastes like every other malt liquor, drinkable but not good

3.68/5  rDev +48.4%

From the shaped like a WW2 Grenade into, well no glass needed here, lets face it, this is what you want when you sit on a curb drinking alcohol wrapped in a paper bag . No excuses and no aplologies wanted.
The smell you should just avoid, anyone sticking their nose in this and inhaling is either stupid or drunk beyond reason.
The taste is sweet oblivion, yes, there is enough booze in this to get the job done quick and it's not unpleasant, kind of like a soft drink passed though beezelbubs bladder. grainy and warming and... familiar
I like it, I don't give a flying fig about the score here, it only supports my belief that most scorers are worse than me. and sitting on a curb will get you the truth sometimes. F you snob beerhipsters.

Mickey's from Miller Brewing Co.