Mickey's - Miller Brewing Co.

Mickey'sMickey's

Reviews: 318 | Hads: 1,165
Reviews by zoso1967:
2.5/5  rDev -9.7%

3.68/5  rDev +32.9%

From the shaped like a WW2 Grenade into, well no glass needed here, lets face it, this is what you want when you sit on a curb drinking alcohol wrapped in a paper bag . No excuses and no aplologies wanted.
The smell you should just avoid, anyone sticking their nose in this and inhaling is either stupid or drunk beyond reason.
The taste is sweet oblivion, yes, there is enough booze in this to get the job done quick and it's not unpleasant, kind of like a soft drink passed though beezelbubs bladder. grainy and warming and... familiar
I like it, I don't give a flying fig about the score here, it only supports my belief that most scorers are worse than me. and sitting on a curb will get you the truth sometimes. F you snob beerhipsters. (745 characters)

1.5/5  rDev -45.8%

I feel like Mickey's fools me twice when I drink it. I get fooled once by getting tricked into those dumbass riddles they put on the caps. I get fooled twice because I end up drinking the malt sludge in the grenade because I feel stupid for not figuring out the phrase "butter face." When Dave Grohl sang the line "Is someone getting the best of you?", I didn't know he was asking about my alcoholism. (402 characters)

1.28/5  rDev -53.8%
look: 1 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.75

It's cheap and gets the job done if you want to get a buzz in the middle of the day (83 characters)

4.77/5  rDev +72.2%

Really liked this beer. Very flavorable I can appreciate. Not like other high rated beers that have a very tart taste. Bought the 40oz bottle just to try. Thought I'd taste then throw it out. The price was so low. Wrong!!! Just the right amount @ 40 oz. and a flavor I enjoy. (275 characters)

Reminds me of Meyer Park in Houston. My friend's older bro used to buy us 40 oz of these and we'd harass every living thing that would cross our path after downing a couple. Good times lol (188 characters)

3.01/5  rDev +8.7%

Sometimes I just need a 40oz. to keep it gangster. And my 40 of choice is always Mickey's.

The key to Mickey's is to drink it really fast - it has to stay cold. If you can manage to down your entire 40oz. while it's still very cold, it almost has a Heineken skunky taste. I am not a fan of malt liquor, but a cold Mickey's really doesn't taste like a malt. If you let it get warm....prepare to pay the price. N A S T Y.

I'm finishing off a Mickey's 40 as we speak. It's just what I needed after a long day at work. The last few sips are still ice cold...and it doesn't disappoint. (582 characters)

3.74/5  rDev +35%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

Nice change of pace (from time-to-time) away from the IPA's and spiced-up stuff. I lived off Two Dolla' Foties of St. Ides, back in college, for f**** sake!!!! So Mickey's is like--Dom Perignone for me!!! (205 characters)

4.26/5  rDev +53.8%

Mickey's is the malt liquor that makes the name worth it. Granted the whole idea that you play the brown paper bag hiding game, not right way to enjoy this delicious beverage. Get the six pack and enjoy the caps. The caps have nothing to do with taste but they definitely adds to the beer. If you can't solve a Mickey's cap in under 15 seconds put it down because the puzzle and Mickey's attraction...you don't understand it.

So the taste, it's a regular beer taste. It's enjoyable and doesn't over power with a liquor sting. It's the indulgence you have to hold on to. The six pack is affordable but willing grants access to inebriation. If you're going to "roll" with a malt liquor, this is the selection for that night. (723 characters)

4.6/5  rDev +66.1%

Appearance - I like the look of the bottle; it looks cool and makes me want to drink it.

Smell - Great! Doesn't smell bad at all.

Taste - Excellent. Don't mind drinking, or even chugging it.

Mouthfeel - Leaves a good taste in your mouth

Overall this beer is good because it tastes good and you only need 2 or 3 to feel a buzz. (330 characters)

3.63/5  rDev +31%

I don't know why Mickeys has such a low rating. I like it. (58 characters)

2.01/5  rDev -27.4%

Appearance – Light orange in color and very clear with a lot of carbonation and a decent head.

Smell – The familiar alcohol-laced grainy mishmash of the malt liquor family is alive and kicking in this Miller offering.

Taste – This taste like The Champagne of Beers with a shot of gin. The flavor is subtle (read, “tastes like watered-down piss") and the booze is overbearing.

Mouthfeel – It looked heavily carbonated, but this ale was flat and thin.

Sinkability – This bomber bombed. (501 characters)

1.43/5  rDev -48.4%

DAFUQ! WHY? Once the alcohol destroys your palate, it allows you to get past the chemicals used to make this atrocity. Once the alcohol hits your brain you tend not to give a shit. Low 5.6% abv? I had two 8%ers yeasterday and i didntmfeel this buzzed. Must be the impurities giving me instant hangover? I Hate You Miller! (321 characters)

3.1/5  rDev +11.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 4.5

If I had to choose a cheep malt liquer to drink this would definantly be it. I was in need of some beer and I was way short on cash so I bought a Mickey's 40oz for the first time in a few years and let me tell you, it totally works in a pinch. The smell is your typical grain sweetness that you will find in other malt liquor's, but the taste is supprisingly smoothe and it goes down very well. Not the most complex flavors, but at 5.6 a 40 will do just fine. Of corse it does not hold a candle to the likes of Arrogant Bastard or Dead Guy Ale but when you are in a pinch, it works. (582 characters)

2.5/5  rDev -9.7%

The offical beer of Hi-Bobbers everywhere. Ever play Hi-Bob? Watch Bob Newhart show reruns and whenever someone says "Hi Bob" you slam a Mickeymalt. Another way to get hammered for the sake of getting hammered, and Mickeymalts will get you there.

A malt liquor that wears its corn afterburner proudly. Smells like cheap beer and doesn't disappoint. Corny-alcoholic flavor, usually skunked (meaning that a hop has actually seen this brew). The bottles are a novelty - but why would you want easy access to a brew like this? (525 characters)

3.25/5  rDev +17.3%

1.5/5  rDev -45.8%

look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Presentation: 40 oz green glass bottle, no freshness date. Tough looking flexing green hornet as their mascot. Under the cap is a psuedo-word of the day, “cam’-a-flu (n) Feigned illness to get out of work or a date.” I guess real winners of the world drink this stuff.

Appearance: Pale yellow, crystal clear with a thin white lace with a decent retention. Some of this sample was poured out to get a look at the head retention and true colour.

Smell: Light lager like twang, almost import lager-like. Minimal malt in the nose, quite clean.

Taste: Touch of smoothness within the crisp light bodied mouth feel. Very slim malt character, quick bite of hop bitterness that fades just as quickly as it comes in. Seltzer water feel to this brew with a pretty clean finish though a tag a long astringent flavour stays around for a bit.

Notes: Not much to the brew for flavour, quick and clean to drink. Big time college crowd 40oz brew, a step above Magnum ... the other Miller Brewing produced Malt Liquor. Not a bad web site they put out also … http://www.mickeys.com. (1,079 characters)

Mickey's from Miller Brewing Co.