Mickey's - Miller Brewing Co.

Mickey'sMickey's

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Malt Liquor |  5.60% ABV

Beer added by: pezoids on 07-03-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Mickey's Alström Bros
Ratings: 1,152 | Reviews: 336

This has to be one of the worst beers I have tasted. I think they created the wide mouth so you could chug it down like a shot and get it over with as quickly as possible. The color of the beer was like a faded yellow color and had absolutely no head. The aroma just reeked of corn or whatever odor creates that effect. The flavor was just hard to get a hold of because the finish is just so harsh with a lot of bit to make it impossible to really discern any. My roommate's exchange for drinking my Sierra Nevada Pale. Hardly a fair trade.

Hands down, the worst alcoholic beverage I've ever consumed.

1.05/5  rDev -57.7%

No way Jose! No way!

1.08/5  rDev -56.5%

UPDATE: I honestly did not know that Miller owned Mickey's now. I started to research them after this evaluation and can not get them any information as to opinion, good OR bad. They do not allow it. They are untouchable! They are ZEN! Very scary. You probably won't see this beer in the next 5 years.

Presentation: poured into a Duvel tulip from a 12oz bottle shaped like a barrel/keg. Dated AUG3010, I am assuming the expiration date.

A: Light golden yellow(like a Miller Lite) with a nice 2 1/2 finger white head that dissolved within 50-60 seconds to less than a thin white film with minimal lacing.

S: Water.... maybe a hint of malt, grains... and maybe a hop bud or two.... in the vat of wort.. entirely.

T&M: I'm still open minded at this point...Damn, it's not as good as I had hoped. Rice, barley watered down ... I don't know. Some mild malt sweetness, buy this is the thinnest beer I've ever tasted. Water is thicker. I don't know if that is even possible!

WOW! This is close to that warm beer that you accidently picked up in the fridge instead of the cold one. It is an April fool's joke from the April beer club that I am part of with a local store, and I was hoping, and keeping an open mind, that this malt liquor might clear one hurdle. It falls face down in the race of any category in beer or brewing, bar none!

1.11/5  rDev -55.2%

Discovered this beer in college. The liquor store had a never-ending special on six packs. Didn't mind it at first, although I didn't care for the sweet flavor and aftertaste. We drank so much of this stuff (because it was cheap, you see) that more than twelve years have gone by and I still get nauseous when I see it at the store. Nasty stuff!

1.12/5  rDev -54.8%

I'm Irish but find not Celtic about this hot mess in college I drank this because it was cheap and I like to crunch beer cans

1.18/5  rDev -52.4%

12 oz. grenade.
Corn syrup sweetness on the nose, mixed with an increasing buttery sensation.
The same corn syrup shows up right away in the taste. Sticky and artificial tasting. Seltzer water-like carbonation scrapes the mouth clean of the cloying sweetness, but is annoying in its own right. Turns grainy toward the middle. Buttery and vegetal tones rise gradually throughout. Turns sweeter again at the finish with a (cheap) vodka & tonic alcohol flavor.
Artificially high carbonation, but once it begins to settle, this becomes totally undrinkable.
Unredeemable, even for malt liquor.

1.23/5  rDev -50.4%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

No no no no no

1.25/5  rDev -49.6%

Pale gold with a one finger hed and poor retention. Smells of cooked corn with some sweet malt. Nothing special here. The taste is worse than the smell. Water everywhere along with cooked corn and a poor attempt at malt sweetness. Yuck. Thin bodied, fair carbonation. Not a good mouthfeel, and not very drinkable. I split this with a friend at a get together last night, so it cost me nothing.

1.27/5  rDev -48.8%

Very light in color definitely cheap by its taste but not as bad as some other malts that I've had. Very good if you want something cheap to take on a fishing or camping for the week end but is also not bad for the price

1.28/5  rDev -48.4%
look: 1 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.75

It's cheap and gets the job done if you want to get a buzz in the middle of the day

1.29/5  rDev -48%

Slightly less harsh mouthfeel than your traditional BMC pisswater, but otherwise just as awful.

1.3/5  rDev -47.6%

Cost: cheap

Head: none

Lace: none

Color: pale yellow

Aroma: tinny

Mouthfeel: light

Palate: curls the tongue

Taste: Cute little widemouth bottle. Just another malt beverage. Goes particularly well with Papa John’s pizza. The garlic butter with crust and a Mickey’s to wash it down...MMMmmmm...

Conditions:
Mowing/Working on car- n
With Friends- n
Sipping- n
Get my buzz on- n

1.31/5  rDev -47.2%

My buddy left one of these at a recent card game, and beer shouldn't be left without an owner around me or it will disappear quickly regardless of who brewed it.

A: expected light yellow color. I poured very aggressively and didn't get even the slightest bit of head
S: Sweet corn, sugar, and grain
T: Syrupy sweet with hints of corn and grain alcohol
M: high carbonation that left a very dry finish
D: I wouldn't even drink this if I just got done mowing the grass on 120 degree day.

1.33/5  rDev -46.4%

Wow, I can't beleive this was my drink of choice at times back in high school. Mostly due to a lack of knowledge i suppose. It is a golden color and smells like malt and alcohol. Not quality malt. The taste is not too bad, but not too good either. The body is fizzy to cover up off flavors. A bottle of this always made for a fun night and not much else. Except a bad morning.

1.36/5  rDev -45.2%

About time I get my malt liquor reviews in. These may be repetitive because I am not an expert in the style.

Fizzy white head. Color is a clear pale golden yellow.

Aroma: Much like the OE, malts and alcohol. Corn. Metallic flavors. Very bland. It does have some other adjunts and skunky flavor though.

Taste: Pretty much the same. Bready malts and cardboard staleness. Corn. Off flavors all around, this time being skunky.

Mouthfeel: Thin bodied, medium carbonation. Grainy and chewy. Ends bland.

Overall, not something I ever want to drink again.

1.4/5  rDev -43.5%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

Well, I doubt I'm saying anything we don't already know. This stuff is shhhiiity. Nasty yellow appearance leaving nothing in terms of head, lacing or retention. Horrible dumpster 4 day old beer smell.

Taste isn't the worst thing I've drank, but it's close. I guess it gets better the more you drink of it, and it is cheap . . . but all you can taste is the alcohol, which isn't even all that high. Brutal.

1.4/5  rDev -43.5%

A - Typical see through yellow with a massive frothy white head. Leaves small lacing.

S - Corn adjunct, rice adjunct, creamed corn. No surprise there.

T - Heavy, nasty creamed corn flavor with a stale rice adjunct finish that is almost unbearable.

M - Heavily carbonated with a heavy creamy body.

O - Overall, This beer was completely one dimensional. One smell, One flavor, And a mouthfeel that follows. Oh well, I only paid $1.25 for a 24oz can and I had to eventually review such terrible brews so that I can give even greater appreciation to the better beers out there. Will I buy it again? Absolutely not. i dreaded finishing this stuff so much that I actually elected to pour the remaining 18 ounces down the sink.

1.4/5  rDev -43.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

I am in college, and I have had a lot of crappy beers in my day, but this one has got to be the worst I have ever had. I bought a bottle and opened it that very same night and it still tasted skunked. I actually threw it away after two sips. If you are looking to get a 40 oz. with a lot of alcohol, look elsewhere because this will be tough to choke down.

1.43/5  rDev -42.3%

DAFUQ! WHY? Once the alcohol destroys your palate, it allows you to get past the chemicals used to make this atrocity. Once the alcohol hits your brain you tend not to give a shit. Low 5.6% abv? I had two 8%ers yeasterday and i didntmfeel this buzzed. Must be the impurities giving me instant hangover? I Hate You Miller!

1.43/5  rDev -42.3%

DATE TASTED: October 10, 2014... GLASSWARE: Ommegang pokal... OCCASION: O's in the ALCS for the first time since 1997--probably the last time I drank Mickey's... APPEARANCE: brassy golden body that matches the translucence of water; snow-white sudsy head fizzles to a sickly residual; vibrant bubbles at the pour evaporate immediately... AROMA: pitchy, astringent malts; its appeal is purely in the twist cap nostalgia.. PALATE: fizzy, rather oily and sift; gassy, beefy aftertaste; thin and drinkable....TASTE: puckerishly sweet, with a water hose copper coupling overbearing flavor;; some champagne (!) notes; simply not flavorful ... OVERALL: Mickey's will always have a place in my heart--and on our college pong table--but this is a rough one to sip with any sustained interest...

1.44/5  rDev -41.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

Even when I enjoyed malt liquor as a young man, never really liked this lol

1.5/5  rDev -39.5%

I feel like Mickey's fools me twice when I drink it. I get fooled once by getting tricked into those dumbass riddles they put on the caps. I get fooled twice because I end up drinking the malt sludge in the grenade because I feel stupid for not figuring out the phrase "butter face." When Dave Grohl sang the line "Is someone getting the best of you?", I didn't know he was asking about my alcoholism.

1.5/5  rDev -39.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Ok so I bought a 40oz of this as a joke to bring to a party. After I poured one for my hommies I kicked back and went to town. It was not a good beer at all and it had a hint of corn and malt. The taste was very carbonated and obviously high in alcohol. Mouthfeel again carbonated and thin. I would never recommend this beer to anyone but it is fun to show up to a party with it!

1.5/5  rDev -39.5%

had this one in a grenade bottle, even as a novice college drinker could tell this was piss.

Mickey's from Miller Brewing Co.