Mickey's - Miller Brewing Co.

Mickey'sMickey's

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Malt Liquor |  5.60% ABV

Beer added by: pezoids on 07-03-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Mickey's Alström Bros
Ratings: 1,149 | Reviews: 333
1.5/5  rDev -39.5%

Lets face the facts, people drink malt liquor to get f&*^#ed up more quickly, they don't drink it for the taste. So I ask this question why drink Mickey's when it tastes the same as all other malts and is lower in alcohol volume by 3%. The apperance is very straw yellow with no head and no lacing. The smell is of funky meat and grain. Taste is heavy on the grain, weak on malts and hops, tastes a little metallic as well. Feels flat and dull in the mouth. Drinkable if you are so messed up you accidentally purchase this. Listen drink 2 bombers of Arrogant Bastard instead, better tasting by far and more alcohol volume.

1.53/5  rDev -38.3%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

It's a cheap beer with that distinctive wide mouth green bottle. Helps you drink it faster 'cause it's not a beer that you would want to savor, but has a kick to it.

1.55/5  rDev -37.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

12 oz. grenade bottle, with best by date on the side August 12. 2013. Didn't really realize that this was a Miller product, although it hardly surprises me. No abv listed anywhere on the bottle. Have had this beer before and while it isn't the greatest, I've got some fond memories of drinking this stuff at parties back in the day, though.

Poured into a Firestone Walker pint glass.

A - Pours a pretty damn thin crystal clear yellow water color, with some carbonation visible. One finger of bone white head. I should have left it in the bottle. Some thin wispy lacing.

S - Cheap dusty malts & some corn adjuncts.

T - Taste is the same. Cheap malt, corn adjuncts, and wet cardboard / newspaper. Definitely should have left this in the bottle.

M - Feel is watery and papery, somewhat sticky.

Overall, a beer that is best enjoyed straight from the bottle, ice cold, preferably after you've already drunk yourself into a stupor, and a beer that is mainly bought for the novelty factor. Probably also best if you enjoy this beer quickly, and get it over with as fast as possible.

Mickey's ---1.5/5

1.55/5  rDev -37.5%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

Not good at all but expected.

1.6/5  rDev -35.5%

Planned on trading some of this for something else, then realized I'd never tried it myself. What the hell, why not...

Pours a very clear and fizzy yellow. Has a surprisingly stable white head for something so cheap. No scent I could really discern.

Taste is a bit of a slap-fight between lemon and corn. Drink it quick though, because corn starts to win as it warms. Goes down as fizzy as it looks, which actually makes me appreciate the fairly average strength.

Final verdict: meh. Starts off merely inoffensive and goes downhill from there. I'm not sure whose tastes this is made for, tbh, since it appears to be a malt liquor that doesn't even signify itself as such in terms of character.

1.61/5  rDev -35.1%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

When you're 16, a few 40's of this does the trick.

1.61/5  rDev -35.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

Brain Grenades, the term we used to describe these funky green globes of potent power. Leave it to old friends to re-visit these dangerous beauties. Back in the day we used to slam these taking bets on who could finish the grenade in the least amount of "sips" regardless here I am and not much changes....Funky malt likka scent sweet and very grainy, appearance heh just keep it in the bottle which is sweeeet, tacky and sticky on the palate it bites ya, tastes like tomorrow's stale ale. Overall not a quality brew but a fun past time in certain circumstances.

1.63/5  rDev -34.3%

An american malt liquor, only good for drink with buddies, the mexican are not goods for drink malt liquor, but is good for try with american food, its penetrate hops and malt aroma and its generous grade of alcohol, made perfect for drink slow in a glass mug; i not recommended this beer.

1.69/5  rDev -31.9%

Drank this a lot in high school as it was cheap, readily available, and 40 ounces was enough to get a nice buzz. Can't say much more than that about it except the flavor often made me want to puke.

1.73/5  rDev -30.2%

Long night of drinking last night so I need something to help ease me in coming down. This is the only thing available. Looks yellow and fizzy with a decent head. This really shouldn't be poured into the glass, its a drink from the bottle type beer. Smell is all corn and piss. Taste brings me more corn and piss and maybe some alcohol though its not as boozy as some other malt liquors I've had. This reminds me of Miller High Life but in a bad way. Very rough, don't even think about drinking this warm. There's better malt liquors out there.

1.75/5  rDev -29.4%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap

1.85/5  rDev -25.4%

Ok. Pours a yellow straw color with a thick soapy white head (don't you just love soap n' beer?) and zero lacing. Smells like booze and corn, rice, random grain they may have thrown in. Tastes malty sweet with with some odd hop undertones. Mouthfeel is pretty thin. Drinkability is not the worst.

1.85/5  rDev -25.4%

Another weak pee like yellow highly carbonated brew. This one has a head of fine white bubbles and just a little lacing with carbonated bubbles rising up the side of the glass. I can spell BURP already! It smells like puck (spelling?) Highly carbonated taste, but not as bad as it smells, BURP! Bubly flavor with a mild aftertatse, BURP. It's a typical malt liquor with nothing special about it, BURP, BURP, BURP.

1.85/5  rDev -25.4%

A - Three finger head, bland and light yellow. I can see right through it. Leaves a fair amount of smeared and dirty lacing on the glass.

S - Very sweet, almost sickly sweet. There's a touch of grain the smell, like freshly kneaded dough.

T - Malty with just an echo of hops. There's a sweetness backing this that makes me cringe a little, but not enough to repel me.

M - Texturally it finishes clean. The carbonation is noticeable, but just shy of being totally offensive. It leaves a nearly sickening aftertaste on the sides of the tongue and roof of my mouth.

D - If you're looking to get drunk, this is where it's at. Just don't look for a lot of taste. I've had this when I felt like telling myself I'm a broke badass, but I won't pick it up on my own when I have a few bucks to spare. Mickey's is an express ticket to heartburn and a lasting hangover.

1.87/5  rDev -24.6%

Fizzy white head, lacing is an afterthought, light yellow and completely filtered.

Kinda has the heineken taste to it. Thin and slightly skunked. on the heavy end of hop character for the style. Amazing high level of carbonation gives it a fizzy mouthfeel and sharp crispness. Clean.

Big mouth bottles are a selling point, the brew is not.

1.87/5  rDev -24.6%

My local Safeway had this on sale for $8.49 (regularly a whopping $11.49) which is lot to pay for something this bad. This is another brew of my youth which was popular because of the “Big Mouth”. I remember even then thinking how bitter this was. Now that I am more discriminating I can look at it objectively.

It poured a light corn yellow with some head and lacing. Nose was corn and apples, and mouthfeel very much like water with some corn syrup and alcohol. It is simply not very good to drink, and I suppose if you dying of thirst and got it really cold you could choke it down, but warm it is almost undrinkable.

Flavor was mostly corn. Slight bitterness that was not nice.

It seem the bottle has changed also. I remember a bigger mouth.

1.9/5  rDev -23.4%

I bought this more out of novelty as I've never tried it before and there was a promotion as I was looking at other beers - Yes, the Mickey's girls influenced this sale.

I drank from the 40, but poured a small bit into glass to evaluate color and smell. Color is light straw with large head/bubbles. Smell is somewhat skunky and chemical. Not offensive, but not great.

Taste was along the same lines. Nothing that I'd drink again, but I can see the appeal of this with some people. Is a bit bitter on the finish and it tends to repeat.

Not my cup of tea, but I know people enjoy this stuff.

1.92/5  rDev -22.6%

No need to waste much time reviewing in depth. What you need to know is that this is a pretty light (read: non-descript) malt liquor, sort of like the Natural of malt liquors. I remember the little grenades having a bit more character and a slightly salty taste, but this 22oz bottle is flat out boring.
It seems like you're really taking the slow option to getting crunked with this stuff, but I'd imagine it is less likely to produce severe hangovers.

1.92/5  rDev -22.6%

Best enjoyed with the brown bag from the liquor store still wrapped around it... Ah high school memories... I am not drinking one now as I review it, nor would I ever again, because I learned my lesson all those years ago - cheap, foul tasting, and guaranteed to get you from zero to wasted in no time flat... Though it might be considered by many King of malt liquor, that is not exactly a title to be proud of... That's like being crowned King Turd of Poopopolis on the planet Craptune... Congrats I guess...?

1.93/5  rDev -22.2%

Appearance: Good foam. Very pale yellow. Thick bubbles. Kind of oily. Not terrible, but still bad.

Smell: Strong and sour corn. Not pleasant in the least.

Taste/Mouthfeel: Mouthfeel is pretty weak, but sour. Quite watery with the mouthfeel.

Drinkability: Starts out ok, but gets extremely bitter at end and makes this hard to finish.

Overall: An improvement of King Cobra, but it's still not enjoyable. This was an old bottle though.

1.95/5  rDev -21.4%

I wanted to review this beer out of the 12 oz. little 'grenade' bottles. Instead this is coming from a 24 oz. can. Mickey's is always better out of glass.

A: I poured some out but I was reluctant to do so. Mickey's is a beer that should be consumed from it's original container. Pretty much yellow, not light or dark, just yellow. Sits still in the glass. Light lacing. Head disappeared quickly which surprised me because like most Miller beers Mickey's is quite foamy.

S: Not much of anything. Metallic and bitter. The sweetness of other mass produced malts is missing. It's an inoffensive smell. Much lighter than most other mass produced products having the same ABV.

T: Boring. Inoffensive. Watery. I've had light beers more flavorful than this. Light grain. Light bitterness. Finishes with nothing but a little bitterness on your tongue.

M: The best part of Mickey's. Surprisingly thick. Medium-high carbonation that leaves a little sting. Creamy and slightly oily.

O: Mickey's is best out of glass: 12 oz. or 40 oz. I don't know what it is about cans but it seems to ruin what flavor and characteristic there is. I've had some amazing tasting Mickey's before, but not this one. Considering how mass produced this is and how cheap it is there may be some variation from batch to batch as well. Mickey's is available pretty much everywhere making it an inoffensive choice when nothing else seems appealing. In the malt liquor world the low 5.6% ABV and higher than average price make this an amateur's choice.

1.97/5  rDev -20.6%

pretty tame for a malt liquor. most ice beers have higher abv's than mickey's. that all said...one can really tell miller must use extra corn for the heart of this brew. pretty much smells and tastes like mega-adjuncts which isn't pleasant. but an underlying smoothness and decent mouthfeel save this beer from being on my all time worst beer list. if you can get by the smell and get straight to the bee stinging your brain then you've made it to where you want to go. ethanol in a green bottle.

1.98/5  rDev -20.2%

My crazy Irish fried swears by Mickey's for when ever we are slumming it. Strangely enough, I've never had one until now.

12 oz stubby green bottle with a wide mouth. Poured into an oversized mug, there is an initial fizzy white head that quickly recedes to nothing. No lacing. Color is a clear straw yellow with medium amounts of carbonation.

Smell is sweet and grainy. Corn is obvious. Taste is also pretty sweet, but not overbearing. A hint of alcohol spices things up.

Mouthfeel is light in body, but harsh in texture. It's a brainless and guilty pleasure.

1.98/5  rDev -20.2%

It's been about 3 years since my first and only malt liquor. I thought I'd re-visit the style.

A - Clear, straw-yellow with tons of bubbles. Two-finger, white bubbly head of foam that does not last long nor leave any lace.

S - Not much other than corn and grains.

T - Grains and corn with a spicy alcohol presence - I can't really define it as hops but it was spiced.

M - Best attribute. Crisp, sharp and dry with a light bodied.

D - Still not loving malt liquors. I took my time on this one not to savor it or because of the high ABV - I just wasn't that interested it drinking more of it.

Reminds me of Meyer Park in Houston. My friend's older bro used to buy us 40 oz of these and we'd harass every living thing that would cross our path after downing a couple. Good times lol

Mickey's from Miller Brewing Co.