Mickey's - Miller Brewing Co.

Mickey'sMickey's

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Malt Liquor |  5.60% ABV

Beer added by: pezoids on 07-03-2001

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 1,119 | Reviews: 319

3.52/5  rDev +41.9%

I just recently purchased a 12- pack of mickeys just for the hell of it. I had never had it before so I figured I would give it a try since im a big fan of malt liquor. I was relatively please with it especially for the price. I paid about 10.99 + tax for a 12- pack so its a cheapy. The color was quite normal to any other malt liquor of its category as well as the smell. The taste how ever was very yeasty which I didn't really prefer. I don't recall any terrible after tastes. My only complaint is the over whelming flavor of yeast.

3.5/5  rDev +41.1%

2.91/5  rDev +17.3%

I bought this because I have been told by a few friends that it is the best Malt Liquor on the market. Well I didnt believe them, but decided what the hell and bought it for $1.50.

A: I am not going to lie, the appearance actually looks some what nice. It pours golden yellow with a thick white head that quickly fades.There is a lot of bubbles releasing from the bottom of the glass and forming a thin ring around the top of the glass. There isnt anything special about the look, just has a decent amount more color than your typical adjunct beer.

S: The smell is pretty weak for a malt liquor. I am getting some grain and corn. I am also getting a slight fruity smell, but I cant pin point what it is exactly.

T: The taste is actually better than your typical malt liquor and adjunct beers. I am getting some corn and malt flavors with a decent sweetness.

M: The beer isnt very crisp like I was expecting, but wasnt really much there at all. Sort of like drinking water.

O: This beer is actually pretty easy to drink. Though I don't really care for it, it's not as bad as I was expecting. If you want to have a cheap easy beer to drink, I for sure recommend this.

2.58/5  rDev +4%

355ml Stubby Bottle

Appearance – Clear yellow colour with a large size fizzy white coloured head. There is a below average amount of carbonation showing and there is some fair lacing. The head lasted for around 5 minutes before it was gone.

Smell - Grains, bread, corn, malts

Taste & Mouth - The beer has an average amount of carbonation. I can taste bread/dough mixed with lots of malts, metallic notes, and some corn. There is also a touch of citrus. It ends with a malty/corn aftertaste.

Overall – There is a lot of taste going on here, unfortunately that's not a good thing in this case. It's very malt heavy and comes across as harsh. I actually got the bottle from a few girls at at a Christmas party who were all drinking this. They said they liked the bottle and the riddles under the cap.

1.5/5  rDev -39.5%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Mickey's from Miller Brewing Co.