Mickey's - Miller Brewing Co.

Mickey'sMickey's

poor

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Malt Liquor |  5.60% ABV

(Beer added by: pezoids on 07-03-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Mickey's Alström Bros
2.98/5  rDev +19.2%

A sweet, cooked corn-tasting concoction with a rough, alcohol-induced mouthfeel and warm-fuzzy brain feel. I drink this stuff frosty-cold from the freezer to get warmed up--how's that for irony. If I were to become a full-time alky, I'd buy this stuff by the case. Since I'm not, I'm happy stashing an occasional sixpack in the freezer for a while to share with friends at parties. The 4.0 for appearance is for the green stubby bottles which make drinking Mickeys fun.

Update: I revised the ratings. This stuff is not bad. It ain't an award winner but it is not repulsive. I'd spend my money on this before I would overpriced heineken. It won't impress anyone but it tastes OK and gets teh job done. Time to Party.

EagleTalon, Mar 10, 2002
1.25/5  rDev -50%

dalepryor, May 08, 2013

Ralphs66, Mar 27, 2013

Wobbly, Sep 07, 2014
2.35/5  rDev -6%

Looks like stuff I typically try to avoid. Smells kinda nasty, not awful, but certainly nothing like the high dollar 8%abv imports I'm used to. Taste is tolerable for one thing and the only reason I bought it. It's cheap as hell, and you can get trashed quickly and easily, or so I've been told...we'll see. Someone jokingly suggested I get a six-pack and knock it out. So here goes. The only good thing I have discovered so far is that one can consume a ton of this stuff if you can get passed the skunky smell and 'High Life' like taste.
okay..it's been about 12 minutes since I wrote this review, and after having two of these God da** things, all I can say is that this sh*t's for grown folks! Taste like sh***y beer, smells the same, but get's you trashed quick fast and in a hurry!

SilentSabre, Jul 07, 2004

chcfan, Nov 28, 2011

cyrushire, Feb 01, 2013
2.78/5  rDev +11.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Enjoyed in the iconic wide-mouthed green bottle with riddle: "2 + picture of a hen + a picture of two animals that look like either cats or pigs + a picture of a winged insect" ... A fly! Got it! Extremely pale (just barely yellow) and uber-carbonated malt liquor with a sweet dank malt aroma like an old grainery full of corn husks. Ample corn on the nose is followed by the same on the palate, very sweet like old corn or corn syrup. A little fruity as well, maybe some almost vanilla-like floral notes. Extremely thin bodied and recalls soda water in this regard. Finish also pretty sweet with no discernible hop presence and a few fusel aromatics ... Not as much of the latter as higher ABV malt liquors. In all honesty this is not horrible if you realize beforehand what this beer style is supposed to embody: A sweet alcoholic tasting fizz bomb for mass consumption. I am tempted to try a Colt .45 now.

CalgaryFMC, Nov 03, 2013

Phigg1102, Jun 19, 2014
2.75/5  rDev +10%

Budinetz, Aug 10, 2013
3.1/5  rDev +24%

A-Pours a golden straw color with a two finger head that dissipates very quickly.

S-Smells of light pilsner malts and some floral hop notes with some sweet grains.

T-Tastes of corn and has a husky graininess to it as do many American Adjunct lagers, with a slight hop bitterness on the finish.

M-Actually pretty smooth and palatable for the style. Medium bodied with medium carbonation.

D-Really easy drinking for what it is, but it's in no way complex or all that interesting. It'd be my first choice if I was looking to catch a cheap buzz, but besides that I don't think I'd buy it again.

The thing I don't really understand is what qualifies this as a malt liquor, and not an American Adjunct Lager, besides marketing. The ABV doesn't seem high enough, the carbonation level isn't high enough, and there aren't any fusel alcohol notes present.

samie85, Jul 24, 2010

Pecan, Dec 20, 2012
3.75/5  rDev +50%

ZachKelly, Jan 01, 2013
1.95/5  rDev -22%

Appearance: Good foam. Very pale yellow. Thick bubbles. Kind of oily. Not terrible, but still bad.

Smell: Strong and sour corn. Not pleasant in the least.

Taste/Mouthfeel: Mouthfeel is pretty weak, but sour. Quite watery with the mouthfeel.

Drinkability: Starts out ok, but gets extremely bitter at end and makes this hard to finish.

Overall: An improvement of King Cobra, but it's still not enjoyable. This was an old bottle though.

tjsdomer2, Dec 16, 2010
1.75/5  rDev -30%

Knoxrb12, Mar 04, 2014
3.3/5  rDev +32%

Every malt liquor I have ever had tastes terrible. However, Mickey's tastes more like a light beer and goes down like soda. My first experience with Mickey's was the stumpy wide mouth bottles, and they seem easy to chug. I think that's the whole point. Anyway, as far as malt liquor goes, this is probably the best tasting, but it also has the lowest alcohol content of a malt that I have seen.

IrishRedRock, Apr 17, 2002
2.95/5  rDev +18%

Presentation: 16oz green hornet can

Appearance: Light-medium golden beer with a very thin white cap

Smell: Sweet grain, a little vegetal, nothing much going on here quite honestly

Taste: Mild and sweet cereal grain with light metallic notes

Mouthfeel: Medium-bodied

Drinkability: Fairly high

Conclusion: I have a soft spot in my heart for this because of SLC Punk! Um...that's about all I can say about it, it's a drinkable malt liquor...that is all

BedetheVenerable, Jul 11, 2009

PappyVans, May 29, 2014

ChaseTheAce, Mar 04, 2012
2.25/5  rDev -10%

polopaul20, Jan 08, 2014
Mickey's from Miller Brewing Co.