Miller Genuine Draft 64 - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller Genuine Draft 64
No picture.

pDev: n/a
Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  3.00% ABV

Beer added by: stoutman on 05-28-2012

1.77/5  rDev n/a

This CANQuest (tm) originally took place on 05-09-2010.

Another one that I CANnot believe that I have not reviewed previously. Anything in support of the CANQuest, I suppose.

First, let me say that when this first hit the market back in the late-1980's, I was a HUGE fan in its unleaded version. Regular was much better then its High Life counterpart and this beat Lite six ways to and on Sunday. After I toured the Miller plant in MKE for the first time, in 1992, I was hooked. Today? Let's see ...

From the outset, it had both similarities and contrasts with its leaded version (MGD). I got a nice couple of fingers of bone-white head with lousy retention. Samey-same. Color was a paler shade of golden-yellow with NE-quality clarity. Close to samey-same. Nose was still filled with adjuncts, especially corn, but not as prevalent. Pretty much samey-same. Mouthfeel was watery and there was not any real taste. It was so innocuous as to wonder why bother. Finish was mighty tasteless, stripped of any fabric of beer. Colored water. Feh. I might as well have had some water. At least my caloric intake was low. Sheesh.

This one's badge/patch may now be in jeopardy. (1,170 characters)

1.77/5  rDev n/a

Picked this and a can of Bud Select 55 up at a gas station for .50 Cents a piece. Any time I find a beer I haven't had, Even an adjunct, at such a low price, I buy it. Diamonds in the rough do exist.

Look - Drank from the can so I wouldn't know.

Smell - Not much. Metallic and grainy.

Taste - Not THAT bad. Cereal grains and a touch of grape with a slightly bready finish.

Feel - Light watery body with flat carbonation.

Overall - Why bother. (447 characters)

1.17/5  rDev n/a
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

As if MGD isn't bad enough, they introduce Miller Lite. As if Miller Lite isn't bad enough, they create this abomination, which is to beers what the McNugget is to cuisine.

Pours a pale yellow, hydrated urine color, just like most AAL's. Very little head without an aggressive pour, and even the head you do get is wasted beer. No lacing or head retention to speak of. Smells like metal shavings and a bit of hay. Tastes like it looks: hydrated urine. Finishes heavily carbonated. Terrible beer. Absolutely terrible. Not recommended. (535 characters)

1.15/5  rDev n/a
look: 1.75 | smell: 1 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

This pours a light clear golden with small white head. Aroma of nasty corn and hay, skunk. Flavor follows--if you can call it flavor--with watered down hay and a finish that can only be described by me as vomit. The mouthfeel is of course light with plenty of carbonation. This is mostly inoffensive until it finishes where it seriously induces gagging from me. Not sure what it is about this one but I avoid at all costs. (422 characters)

1.02/5  rDev n/a

I'm not sure I would call this beer. Maybe beer flavored water? I would normally write a review with more of a description of the beer, but I don't think this beer deserves such a write up. Suffice it to say that the appearance is nothing to get excited about, and this is the thinnest, wateriest beer I have had since trying low alcohol beers. With a "beer" like this, what is the point? You may as well have a glass of water. (427 characters)

1.27/5  rDev n/a

Tastes like water, almost no alcohol content. It was pretty cheap at $9 for a 12er of bottles, but it is a pointless buy, unless maybe your DD wants to have a few drinks. I certainly will not buy this ever again. In fact, I'm heading out now to the liquor store to pick up something different right now. (303 characters)

1.26/5  rDev n/a

This is beer? It's more like a lightly flavored water. Thin, watery mouthfeel with basically no taste. This stuff is far on the fringe of what I am willing to call beer. Everything that makes it beer has been removed to get the calorie count down. Taste is missing in action, watery, bland. Overall a non-"beer", most NA beers I have had are more flavorful than this one. (371 characters)

Miller Genuine Draft 64 from Miller Brewing Co.
- out of 100 based on 7 ratings.