1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.

Icehouse Edge - Miller Brewing Co.

Icehouse EdgeIcehouse Edge

poor

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Malt Liquor |  8.00% ABV

(Beer added by: daliandragon on 07-29-2012)

Wow this stuff is really nasty only got it cause its the only malt liquor available at the store that knows me and I lost my ID. Thankfully that is not a problem anymore I got it now but when I came to a realization that I had peed in a beer can as well as had a few with left over beer in it and I could not tell by smell or taste which one was the beer. I then realized this is some nasty shiz its like they bottled urine and I am never drinking it again. I even like 211 better than this slop.

indigo87, Sep 13, 2014

TurboChief, Aug 14, 2014
1.5/5  rDev -38.5%

Pintwacky, Aug 05, 2014
3.26/5  rDev +33.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

It's an 8abv icehouse...no one buys these for their delectable taste! That being said, it's one of the best cheap beers with high abv. Better than steel reserve and better than EQ. Pours with a more impressive head than I would have thought, but after 90 seconds or so it's gone. Quickly receding lace. Smells sour. Like sour apple and corn. Taste is pretty much the same. It's okay honestly.

Lordhelmit, Aug 03, 2014

2.5/5  rDev +2.5%

brandoncun, Apr 11, 2014

Hoagie1973, Apr 06, 2014
2.53/5  rDev +3.7%

A: Pours a clear, deep gold color. Lots of big carbonation bubbles pop up initially, though the foamy head doesn't stick around too long, and little lacing is left on the glass.

S: Not much in the nose. Some faint graininess and sweetness, along with some sour lagery notes and alcohol.

T: Faintly grainy malt flavor up front quickly fades into adjunct sweetness. There's a bit of nondescriptly herbal hop flavor and bitterness to keep things from being too cloying, though there is a touch of sweetness again towards the finish. Fairly clean for a malt liquor.

M: Medium mouthfeel. A bit slick, with active carbonation. Some dryness in the middle yields to a lightly sticky-sweet finish. Surprisingly clean.

O: Curiosity got the best of me when I bought this. It's not good, but it is a decent malt liquor. No terrible boozy, chemical, or fusel flavors puts this above many of its competitors, for what that's worth.

Clydesdale, Apr 05, 2014
3.31/5  rDev +35.7%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

to me for a higher abv icehouse this is a pretty good bang for your buck.. I purchased a 24 ounce can for 1.10 after tax.. It pours your typical american adjunct lager color.. yellow fizzy water id say.. the smell is of musky corn.. the taste is actually nothing but a regular icehouse with a little more punch but the alcohol is not noticable.. So overall i say it is a okay beer, i cant complain ive had worse.. I give it a thumbs up !

MarkSmith86, Apr 02, 2014
3.15/5  rDev +29.1%

Reviewing against the malt liquor category, not the lager. To call it a lager is grossly negligent and clearly a macro swill pipe dream.

Pours a beautiful amber caramel with a nice off-white head, half inch, hung around until I began drinking it. Clarity is impeccable.

Nose gives away its pedigree. Macro, adjutant, and lacking any real hop character. Again, when compared against malt liquors, it is period and proper. A nice ML nose.

Taste is well balanced and pleasant. Corn and rice dominate, with perhaps a hint of real barley noted in the first 10-12 ounces. Mild sweetness. Bitterness on the finish. Caramel and wheatbread on the belch.

Supremely quaffable. Not the best ML, but a damn good variation.

Price is icing on the cake.

streetcommander, Mar 31, 2014

Haybeerman, Mar 26, 2014
3.05/5  rDev +25%

Icehouse Edge brewed by Miller Co. This brew pours out a dark amber color with a small white head. Now this brew is 8.0 abv. The smell is sweet like male liquor. The tease is sweet as well it reminds me of a malt liquor even though it's a lager. I'm impressed on how smooth this brew goes down. There is nothing bad about this brew. I would get it again. Over all I'm giving this brew a 3 out 5.

nicholas2121, Mar 18, 2014
1.75/5  rDev -28.3%

dertyd, Mar 17, 2014
1.81/5  rDev -25.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

Me and 2 friends went on a beer run one of them points out these 24oz cans that are $1.75 ea. and says there like a step below Natural Ice which is what we get when we want a cheap buzz so at 8% alcohol I got us 2 a piece. Back at the pad we pour it into mugs and its a dark yellow golden color with a nice head looks good so I smell it and yuck its a putrid rotten dirty dish water chemical kind of smell thats when I hesitated but took a sip. I for sure was not impressed one bit. You can taste massive amounts of corn and there is that dirty dish water and chemical taste. Kinda sweet you can taste the alcohol but they do pretty good at covering it up. Bubbly mouthfeel which I dont complain about with good tasting beers but the texture makes it just more worse. Gave me the shits after drinking 2 and a head ache the next day which never happens I never get hang overs and I drank plenty of water with it. It got me pretty tipsy thats about all its good for.

TheBeerMadeMeDoIt, Mar 04, 2014
Icehouse Edge from Miller Brewing Co.