2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Icehouse Edge - Miller Brewing Co.

Icehouse EdgeIcehouse Edge

poor

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Malt Liquor |  8.00% ABV

(Beer added by: daliandragon on 07-29-2012)
View: Beers (26) |  Events

04-05-2014 23:17:59 | More by Hoagie1973
Clydesdale

District of Columbia

2.53/5  rDev +2.4%

A: Pours a clear, deep gold color. Lots of big carbonation bubbles pop up initially, though the foamy head doesn't stick around too long, and little lacing is left on the glass.

S: Not much in the nose. Some faint graininess and sweetness, along with some sour lagery notes and alcohol.

T: Faintly grainy malt flavor up front quickly fades into adjunct sweetness. There's a bit of nondescriptly herbal hop flavor and bitterness to keep things from being too cloying, though there is a touch of sweetness again towards the finish. Fairly clean for a malt liquor.

M: Medium mouthfeel. A bit slick, with active carbonation. Some dryness in the middle yields to a lightly sticky-sweet finish. Surprisingly clean.

O: Curiosity got the best of me when I bought this. It's not good, but it is a decent malt liquor. No terrible boozy, chemical, or fusel flavors puts this above many of its competitors, for what that's worth.

04-05-2014 22:10:13 | More by Clydesdale
MarkSmith86

Wisconsin

3.31/5  rDev +34%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

to me for a higher abv icehouse this is a pretty good bang for your buck.. I purchased a 24 ounce can for 1.10 after tax.. It pours your typical american adjunct lager color.. yellow fizzy water id say.. the smell is of musky corn.. the taste is actually nothing but a regular icehouse with a little more punch but the alcohol is not noticable.. So overall i say it is a okay beer, i cant complain ive had worse.. I give it a thumbs up !

04-02-2014 07:28:17 | More by MarkSmith86
streetcommander

3.15/5  rDev +27.5%

Reviewing against the malt liquor category, not the lager. To call it a lager is grossly negligent and clearly a macro swill pipe dream.

Pours a beautiful amber caramel with a nice off-white head, half inch, hung around until I began drinking it. Clarity is impeccable.

Nose gives away its pedigree. Macro, adjutant, and lacking any real hop character. Again, when compared against malt liquors, it is period and proper. A nice ML nose.

Taste is well balanced and pleasant. Corn and rice dominate, with perhaps a hint of real barley noted in the first 10-12 ounces. Mild sweetness. Bitterness on the finish. Caramel and wheatbread on the belch.

Supremely quaffable. Not the best ML, but a damn good variation.

Price is icing on the cake.

03-30-2014 23:42:18 | More by streetcommander
Haybeerman

Colorado

03-26-2014 16:17:45 | More by Haybeerman
nicholas2121

Icehouse Edge brewed by Miller Co. This brew pours out a dark amber color with a small white head. Now this brew is 8.0 abv. The smell is sweet like male liquor. The tease is sweet as well it reminds me of a malt liquor even though it's a lager. I'm impressed on how smooth this brew goes down. There is nothing bad about this brew. I would get it again. Over all I'm giving this brew a 3 out 5.

03-18-2014 04:55:18 | More by nicholas2121
dertyd

03-17-2014 06:41:58 | More by dertyd
TheBeerMadeMeDoIt

Kentucky

1.81/5  rDev -26.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

Me and 2 friends went on a beer run one of them points out these 24oz cans that are $1.75 ea. and says there like a step below Natural Ice which is what we get when we want a cheap buzz so at 8% alcohol I got us 2 a piece. Back at the pad we pour it into mugs and its a dark yellow golden color with a nice head looks good so I smell it and yuck its a putrid rotten dirty dish water chemical kind of smell thats when I hesitated but took a sip. I for sure was not impressed one bit. You can taste massive amounts of corn and there is that dirty dish water and chemical taste. Kinda sweet you can taste the alcohol but they do pretty good at covering it up. Bubbly mouthfeel which I dont complain about with good tasting beers but the texture makes it just more worse. Gave me the shits after drinking 2 and a head ache the next day which never happens I never get hang overs and I drank plenty of water with it. It got me pretty tipsy thats about all its good for.

03-04-2014 02:40:26 | More by TheBeerMadeMeDoIt
vulgora

Oregon

2.58/5  rDev +4.5%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

got this for $2 at a closing albertson's and i didn't know what to expect , i like ice house and have been drinking some malt liquors lately so that may have something to do with my i like this ,

its not a great beer but i found it to me quite smooth and refreshing for a high gravity malt liquor .
sure it has the corn smell but it didn't seem as strong as others , it was also lite and fizzy but not overly carbonated like a Busch .

personally i think it's better than Natty Daddy but not night and day better just a step above.

to me it tasted like a stronger icehouse , not just a rip off bottom of the barrel swill ( stack , camo) thats the real bad stuff .

in my opinion if you like icehouse you may like this , but you probably have to have to be a little used to the strongness of high gravity lagers .

its worth a purchase. frankly i think its the best high gravity next to shlitz vsl

02-12-2014 19:02:16 | More by vulgora
mro_1337

Wisconsin

1.81/5  rDev -26.7%
look: 3 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

I like icehouse. i do NOT like icehouse edge.

it has a corny flavor but when you take a drink the alcohol flavor overpowers everything.
the taste is horrible. i agree with the other commenters about the chemical taste.

Right after drinking it, i felt hungover.

Drinking this will get you drunk, but not a good drunk. it makes your head hurt and makes you want to get some sleep.

02-02-2014 14:51:28 | More by mro_1337

mernst1030

12-29-2013 19:12:42 | More by mernst1030
beerlover1990

2.89/5  rDev +17%

Meh. It's not the best beer I've ever drank, but, not the worst. It kinda burns going down. It has a strong taste that I can't really get myself to enjoy. I drank the whole can because I hate wasting things. But, this isn't something I'll purchase again. I've never tried regular Icehouse, and after this, I don't know if I want to.

12-26-2013 02:12:27 | More by beerlover1990

10-22-2013 22:26:21 | More by Wrigfen
Xalkalinex

Georgia

2.2/5  rDev -10.9%
look: 1.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2

I gave it a 3 on the mouth feel because I oddly enjoy the creamy fizziness. Can stuck out to me so I grabbed it. Taste is ok, real drinkable, not much of a flavor profile... It's just one of those beers you get if your looking for a cheap buzz... Feels so weird in the mouth... Like a mouth of fizzy whipped cream.

10-14-2013 21:23:49 | More by Xalkalinex
Hoganlaw

09-27-2013 03:05:24 | More by Hoganlaw
BeerMark

Alabama

hehe...bought this on a whim at a gas station on the way home from work. I've had keystone before back during my younger days and before the craft beer Renaissance that is currently taking place here in Alabama. There is no way a person could enjoy this beer unless they were hoping to get drunk as quickly as possible. The taste is fizzy corn and nothing else. Save yourself from pissing later...you're already holding in your hand. Bad brew.

09-23-2013 04:31:01 | More by BeerMark
flagmantho

Washington

2.1/5  rDev -15%

Poured from 24oz tall can into a pint glass.

Appearance: medium golden hue with a haze-free body and a strong effervescence. Head pours two to three fingers of very fizzy white foam which subsides quickly. Par for the style.

Smell: sweet with a small whiff of corn and plasticy adjunct character. Not great but pretty clean for the style.

Taste: drier than the aroma, but with a definite corn character. There's a light bitterness here too, which is better than nothing. Not a great beer, but for a high-gravity malt liquor, I feel like you could do a lot worse.

Mouthfeel: medium-light body with a fizzy carbonation that comes out of solution pretty quickly. Blerg.

Overall: don't kid yourself; this is pretty low-quality stuff. But for a can of high-grav malt liquor, there's worse stuff out there. Note of warning: don't let it warm up!

09-07-2013 17:12:35 | More by flagmantho
Icehouse Edge from Miller Brewing Co.