Icehouse Edge - Miller Brewing Co.

Icehouse EdgeIcehouse Edge

poor

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Malt Liquor |  8.00% ABV

(Beer added by: daliandragon on 07-29-2012)

Wow this stuff is really nasty only got it cause its the only malt liquor available at the store that knows me and I lost my ID. Thankfully that is not a problem anymore I got it now but when I came to a realization that I had peed in a beer can as well as had a few with left over beer in it and I could not tell by smell or taste which one was the beer. I then realized this is some nasty shiz its like they bottled urine and I am never drinking it again. I even like 211 better than this slop.

I didn't realize I was grabbing a malt but that is what I got. Very cheap but it tastes like cheap tangy, dry beer. If you have an acquired taste for malts, this is probably pretty good. If not, its not a good beer to drink and enjoy a movie. If you just want to get drunk...pinch your nose and guzzle it. Not for me.

1.1/5  rDev -53.8%

I'm not a beer snob, and I enjoy the merits of a cheap beer from time to time, but this is absolute garbage. I had one can and immediately felt hungover, which makes me seriously question its ingredients. I did have it cold, which should help, but any crispness was overtaken by a skunky, sweet taste.

1.13/5  rDev -52.5%

Poured into a shaker pint glass.

Look: It's clear golden body has slowly rising bubbles, bubbles that rise to the top where a wisp of white resides after the head recedes. There is one hilarious line of lacing on the glass, and it's shaped like a frown. :(

Aroma: Corn, and metal. Not as in Korn and Nu Metal. It sort of smells vulgar, and illegal, like there's some unsavory chemicals being used in the mash tun.

Taste: The taste is a little cleaner than the aroma. It has a touch of sweetness, from what -- God only knows. Corn adjuncts or whatever the hell you use to brew an 8% beer that cost $1.29 in a 24 ounce can. The finish holds a burn from the ridiculous amount of alcohol, and probably a burn from the unhealthy ingredients used in the brewing process.

Mouthfeel: Somewhat medium to light bodied, considering the ABV it's fairly smooth, thus the 1.25 rating.

Overall: You ever play Truth or Dare, and take the Dare and regret it? That's this beer. And now I'm $1.29 poorer to show for it. :(

1.25/5  rDev -47.5%

1.25/5  rDev -47.5%

1.33/5  rDev -44.1%

1.59/5  rDev -33.2%

As macro lagers go regular Icehouse is just fine. It doesn't really stand out from the pack in any notable way. Icehouse Edge on the other hand is horrible. I can't take enough sips of this to think about what exactly I'm tasting beyond something like Windex. While there is some kind of sweet flavor happening in here, the main and distracting thing is some kind of chemical cleanser taste. It is straight up bad. I can drink just about anything in the standard gas station line up. I almost never do, but once in a great while I will have some high school nostalgia and go get some cheap snacks and some tall boy cheapo macro lagers. But this is something else altogether. It is a horrid product. I got such a great deal on it and now I guess I understand why. I poured out all but a few sips of it. It may be the worst beer I have ever had.

1.68/5  rDev -29.4%

Very malty/ corny.. alcohol sweet.. swill. This has one good use. Getting wasted. Simple and plain. Not a brew you wanna sip or let warm up. For its style.. they do.a decent job but as far as quality.. it should be illegal... but i must say.. these will get you drunk... if your looking for a cheap strong buzz.. just grab a few of these

1.7/5  rDev -28.6%

That's what i was thinking too. Really? Regular, everyday Icehouse doesn't produce enough bang for the buck? We have to give it an EDGE? Whatever, it's really hot outside and after the first few sips it'll probably be more or less fine.

Fills my mason jar with white head and a deep gold body. Head dies instantly with no lace. Nose is pure adjunct malt and some underlying evil. Amazingly, this does resemble Icehouse original, just eyes bleedingly worse. Oversweet, cloying, and doused in booze. Texture is thin and offers no protection from the taste. Like someone dumped a bottle of cheap grain alcohol in a barrel of Icehouse and rolled it down a hill to mix it up.

I drank Icehouse in college and actually enjoyed it, and still get it every once in a great while when I feel like slumming it, but I can't ever see trying this again. I have no better words, it's just yucky.

1.71/5  rDev -28.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

A - Pours clear yellow with a one finger white head. No lacing.

S - A variety of berries, aluminum, slight rice grains.

T - Mixed berries, aluminum, slight rice grain, alcoholic finish.

M - Heavily carbonated with a medium body.

O - Overall, this is once again, just another cheap beer. I doubt I'd have again.

1.81/5  rDev -23.9%
look: 3 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

I like icehouse. i do NOT like icehouse edge.

it has a corny flavor but when you take a drink the alcohol flavor overpowers everything.
the taste is horrible. i agree with the other commenters about the chemical taste.

Right after drinking it, i felt hungover.

Drinking this will get you drunk, but not a good drunk. it makes your head hurt and makes you want to get some sleep.

1.81/5  rDev -23.9%
look: 3.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

Me and 2 friends went on a beer run one of them points out these 24oz cans that are $1.75 ea. and says there like a step below Natural Ice which is what we get when we want a cheap buzz so at 8% alcohol I got us 2 a piece. Back at the pad we pour it into mugs and its a dark yellow golden color with a nice head looks good so I smell it and yuck its a putrid rotten dirty dish water chemical kind of smell thats when I hesitated but took a sip. I for sure was not impressed one bit. You can taste massive amounts of corn and there is that dirty dish water and chemical taste. Kinda sweet you can taste the alcohol but they do pretty good at covering it up. Bubbly mouthfeel which I dont complain about with good tasting beers but the texture makes it just more worse. Gave me the shits after drinking 2 and a head ache the next day which never happens I never get hang overs and I drank plenty of water with it. It got me pretty tipsy thats about all its good for.

Icehouse Edge from Miller Brewing Co.