Icehouse Edge - Miller Brewing Co.

Icehouse EdgeIcehouse Edge

poor

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Malt Liquor |  8.00% ABV

(Beer added by: daliandragon on 07-29-2012)
View: Beers (28) |  Events

12-02-2012 07:27:57 | More by jucifer1818
thestarkness01

Alabama

1.1/5  rDev -55.6%

I'm not a beer snob, and I enjoy the merits of a cheap beer from time to time, but this is absolute garbage. I had one can and immediately felt hungover, which makes me seriously question its ingredients. I did have it cold, which should help, but any crispness was overtaken by a skunky, sweet taste.

04-15-2013 20:46:10 | More by thestarkness01

1.5/5  rDev -39.5%

12-07-2013 03:02:02 | More by Rod_J
BrownNut

1.59/5  rDev -35.9%

As macro lagers go regular Icehouse is just fine. It doesn't really stand out from the pack in any notable way. Icehouse Edge on the other hand is horrible. I can't take enough sips of this to think about what exactly I'm tasting beyond something like Windex. While there is some kind of sweet flavor happening in here, the main and distracting thing is some kind of chemical cleanser taste. It is straight up bad. I can drink just about anything in the standard gas station line up. I almost never do, but once in a great while I will have some high school nostalgia and go get some cheap snacks and some tall boy cheapo macro lagers. But this is something else altogether. It is a horrid product. I got such a great deal on it and now I guess I understand why. I poured out all but a few sips of it. It may be the worst beer I have ever had.

07-17-2013 23:17:31 | More by BrownNut
acsprouse

South Carolina

1.68/5  rDev -32.3%

Very malty/ corny.. alcohol sweet.. swill. This has one good use. Getting wasted. Simple and plain. Not a brew you wanna sip or let warm up. For its style.. they do.a decent job but as far as quality.. it should be illegal... but i must say.. these will get you drunk... if your looking for a cheap strong buzz.. just grab a few of these

01-27-2013 07:53:41 | More by acsprouse
daliandragon

1.7/5  rDev -31.5%

That's what i was thinking too. Really? Regular, everyday Icehouse doesn't produce enough bang for the buck? We have to give it an EDGE? Whatever, it's really hot outside and after the first few sips it'll probably be more or less fine.

Fills my mason jar with white head and a deep gold body. Head dies instantly with no lace. Nose is pure adjunct malt and some underlying evil. Amazingly, this does resemble Icehouse original, just eyes bleedingly worse. Oversweet, cloying, and doused in booze. Texture is thin and offers no protection from the taste. Like someone dumped a bottle of cheap grain alcohol in a barrel of Icehouse and rolled it down a hill to mix it up.

I drank Icehouse in college and actually enjoyed it, and still get it every once in a great while when I feel like slumming it, but I can't ever see trying this again. I have no better words, it's just yucky.

07-29-2012 23:37:13 | More by daliandragon
SometimesIfart

1.71/5  rDev -31%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

A - Pours clear yellow with a one finger white head. No lacing.

S - A variety of berries, aluminum, slight rice grains.

T - Mixed berries, aluminum, slight rice grain, alcoholic finish.

M - Heavily carbonated with a medium body.

O - Overall, this is once again, just another cheap beer. I doubt I'd have again.

01-04-2013 04:58:17 | More by SometimesIfart

mro_1337

Wisconsin

1.81/5  rDev -27%
look: 3 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

I like icehouse. i do NOT like icehouse edge.

it has a corny flavor but when you take a drink the alcohol flavor overpowers everything.
the taste is horrible. i agree with the other commenters about the chemical taste.

Right after drinking it, i felt hungover.

Drinking this will get you drunk, but not a good drunk. it makes your head hurt and makes you want to get some sleep.

02-02-2014 14:51:28 | More by mro_1337
TheBeerMadeMeDoIt

Kentucky

1.81/5  rDev -27%
look: 3.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

Me and 2 friends went on a beer run one of them points out these 24oz cans that are $1.75 ea. and says there like a step below Natural Ice which is what we get when we want a cheap buzz so at 8% alcohol I got us 2 a piece. Back at the pad we pour it into mugs and its a dark yellow golden color with a nice head looks good so I smell it and yuck its a putrid rotten dirty dish water chemical kind of smell thats when I hesitated but took a sip. I for sure was not impressed one bit. You can taste massive amounts of corn and there is that dirty dish water and chemical taste. Kinda sweet you can taste the alcohol but they do pretty good at covering it up. Bubbly mouthfeel which I dont complain about with good tasting beers but the texture makes it just more worse. Gave me the shits after drinking 2 and a head ache the next day which never happens I never get hang overs and I drank plenty of water with it. It got me pretty tipsy thats about all its good for.

03-04-2014 02:40:26 | More by TheBeerMadeMeDoIt

clm9

01-15-2014 16:50:08 | More by clm9
BeerMark

Alabama

hehe...bought this on a whim at a gas station on the way home from work. I've had keystone before back during my younger days and before the craft beer Renaissance that is currently taking place here in Alabama. There is no way a person could enjoy this beer unless they were hoping to get drunk as quickly as possible. The taste is fizzy corn and nothing else. Save yourself from pissing later...you're already holding in your hand. Bad brew.

09-23-2013 04:31:01 | More by BeerMark

07-07-2013 18:45:04 | More by Arcman
flagmantho

Washington

2.1/5  rDev -15.3%

Poured from 24oz tall can into a pint glass.

Appearance: medium golden hue with a haze-free body and a strong effervescence. Head pours two to three fingers of very fizzy white foam which subsides quickly. Par for the style.

Smell: sweet with a small whiff of corn and plasticy adjunct character. Not great but pretty clean for the style.

Taste: drier than the aroma, but with a definite corn character. There's a light bitterness here too, which is better than nothing. Not a great beer, but for a high-gravity malt liquor, I feel like you could do a lot worse.

Mouthfeel: medium-light body with a fizzy carbonation that comes out of solution pretty quickly. Blerg.

Overall: don't kid yourself; this is pretty low-quality stuff. But for a can of high-grav malt liquor, there's worse stuff out there. Note of warning: don't let it warm up!

09-07-2013 17:12:35 | More by flagmantho
tdm168

2.15/5  rDev -13.3%

A small portion poured into a juice glass for appearance and aroma. The rest consumed from the 24 oz can.

A - transparent yellow with some carbonation bubbles coming up; thin, bubbly, loose, fizzy, white head that fades fast

S - grains, warm, faintly metallic

T - very warm, sweet, and grainy, faint metallic finish

M - warm, crisp, medium bodied

If I consider the style: this was average. It was grainy, sweet and warm as expected. It was high abv and sorta drinkable from the can. I won't buy it again, but it is a very cheap buzz.

08-19-2012 01:50:28 | More by tdm168
tjsdomer2

2.15/5  rDev -13.3%

Appearance: Very cool can. Tattered aluminum design that tries to play to the PBR crowd.

Smell: Fresh biscuit malt. Not bad for a malt liquor

Taste/Mouthfeel: Extremely sour...extremely! Vinegar in a can. Good mouthfeel...nice carbonation.

Overall Drinkability: Pretty gross stuff overall. The flavor makes/breaks this. I feel like Miller could make big bucks marketing this stuff. It's cheap...high alcohol...and has a good design.

04-10-2013 02:15:18 | More by tjsdomer2
Icehouse Edge from Miller Brewing Co.