Redd's Apple Ale - Miller Brewing Co.

Redd's Apple AleRedd's Apple Ale

Beer added by: Pegasus on 11-18-2012

to view more.
Ratings: 888 | Reviews: 164
2.65/5  rDev -1.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

If I got clocked in the head with that apple from the commercial I'd go to the miller brew co. And throw bushells of aPples at their windows.

1.5/5  rDev -44.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

It's a watered down mess of alcohol

2.92/5  rDev +8.6%

Dilutes the beer taste. Alcohol is very low

2.36/5  rDev -12.3%

The beer is okay. It pours a very light head that disappears almost immediately. It has an amber color and smells a bit like apple cider vinegar. The taste is a bit more like cider than beer and is okay. Overall, I wouldn't turn it down if offered for free, but I wont be buying a six pack.

2.67/5  rDev -0.7%

Its Apple alright.. LoL I wouldn't consider this a beer more like hard cider like many others have commented about this beer. I got a six pack for free from a friend and wanted to see what the hype was about. This beer is for the folks who want to drink a beer that doesn't taste like a beer. Not a fan of this one. I hate to give this beer a bad rating but I just don't like this type of beer. Think of it as apple juice mix with a little sour sour apple and carbonation that's what this beer taste like.

2.15/5  rDev -20.1%

Just too much going on to drink more than one

I can't see why anyone would want a apple flavored beer ever! but this beer has just a hint of apple flavor, all the flavors are good the apple, strawberry, tea, all of them good the only thing bad I would say is that you can only buy the specialty flavors in a variety pack and if you want to get drunk you would need more then the 12 pack to get there

4.14/5  rDev +53.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

One of my favorite beers

3.92/5  rDev +45.7%

Like many others, I do like this beer although it does lean more towards a hard cider. One or two at the most are enjoyable within a short time span.

This stuff is absolutely garbage

2.95/5  rDev +9.7%

Strange taht I kept going back for more trying to taste the alcohol. Could not find it. Very good apple drink. The hidden alcohol is cleverly hidden by sweetness and apples. I better stop now. That swishy way is goes down to easy is bad. I could drink these fast if I didn't know better. Too easy to drink fast.

4.53/5  rDev +68.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Awesome taste. Goes down like apple juice

4.55/5  rDev +69.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

very nice, very refreshing, clean crisp apple flavors come across simple non complex in flavor, enjoyed several of them and would buy again, not a typical beer, more like a hard cider

4.59/5  rDev +70.6%

My drink of choice anytime

3.58/5  rDev +33.1%

It's not the best beer, okay? It doesn't quite taste like a beer, it doesn't quite taste like a hard cider. But y'know what? It's pretty good, for what it's trying to be: a sweet alcoholic beverage that tastes like apple, but isn't just another cider. It does that pretty well.

2.02/5  rDev -24.9%

Poured from a 12 oz bottle into a pint glass.
Aroma- Has an overwhelming smell of artificial apple sweetener
Appearance- A very light yellow color no head at all.
Taste- Tastes like modified apple juice, not good.
Palate- A light bodied brew with a ton of carbonation.
Overall- I did not enjoy this at all. But I haven't had a good apple beer out of the three or four that I have tried.

2.77/5  rDev +3%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

I got this on a lark, just because I wanted something a little fruity, and as I was at a diner that serves beer, and everything else was your typical light beer fare, I thought I'd give this weak Miller product a try. The color is a light golden, very fizzy, with no head or lacing. The smell is of tinny apple, and the taste is similar, very light and carbonated, with a watery mix of water and... beer... maybe? Actually it tasted all right for what it is, not awful, not good either.

3.39/5  rDev +26%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

I would have a hard time calling this a vegetable ale, or even a beer at all. However, as a Swede living in America, I've been looking for something that tastes like a Scandinavian-styled cider for quite some time. This might be it. Very sweet. Sufficiently tasty. Incredibly carbonated. Awful beer. Good for what it is.

2.84/5  rDev +5.6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

This is a glorified fruit/vegetable beer at best, reminds me more of a Seagrams more than anything else. It's certainly better than it's strawberry ale counterpart, but not by much. Overall, it's tasty, not much of a beer really, but it does go good with some Fire-bally.

2.19/5  rDev -18.6%

uhhhh....it tastes crappy. like a stale apple juice with a kick

Crappity crap crap crap crap

2.58/5  rDev -4.1%
look: 2 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.25

Poured into a pint glass.

Appearance: Super clear light gold. Zero head or retention.

Smell: It does not smell like a beer, I do not pick up any hints of yeast. Smells like apples and sugar.

Taste: It tastes like carbonated apple juice, no hints of alcohol.

Mouthfeel: Way too carbonated, it almost hurts.

Overall: While it is not a very good "beer", it does taste good enough to drink if you are looking for a cider or something similar. Probably better than the other options.

1.71/5  rDev -36.4%

Smells just awful, to quote another reviewer, " like a bad yeast starter" I am reviewing a pint can and it is super carbonated and just too sicky sweet for me. I recall having a sip of this on tap a few moons ago, but either I was drunk or it is just waaay worse in a can. Like Apple juice malt liquor.

2.28/5  rDev -15.2%

First off--this is not a hard cider, you simpletons.

I'll drink ciders. There are some excellent craft ciders out there, and even the easy to find macro stuff is still plenty quaffable. Heck, I'll even drink an alcopop here and there. And fruit beers? Fruit beers are awesome! Not just the New Glarus stuff, either. I'm fond of trashy, accessible stuff, like Magic Hat's #9, and Sam Adams Cherry Wheat.

What I'm getting at is that I'm not so much of a snob to refuse to drink fruity booze. I am, however, quite leery of macro fruit beers, as they tend to, well, they tend to suck.

Redd's was the best thing at a recent party. It smelled horrendous, like a bad yeast starter, but tasted like a low-hopped, very light adjunct ale mixed with actual apple juice. Like something high school kids would mix together to make Natty Ice more palatable, basically.

Not the worst thing I've ever had, and not even particularly bad aside from the aroma. But I'm a fan of the style, and more open-minded than most, and this is just not a very good fruit beer.

3.3/5  rDev +22.7%

This is a decent Hard Cider

to view more.
Redd's Apple Ale from Miller Brewing Co.