Redd's Apple Ale - Miller Brewing Co.

Redd's Apple AleRedd's Apple Ale

Beer added by: Pegasus on 11-18-2012

to view more.
Ratings: 892 | Reviews: 168
3.93/5  rDev +45.6%

Very appley but a little too sugary for me

Tasted a lot like a mass produced hard cider.

3.98/5  rDev +47.4%

I enjoy an apple flavored alcoholic beverage, and maybe I enjoy this one just because it doesn't taste that far away from apple juice.

4.96/5  rDev +83.7%

Its avery tastefull apple beer

2.65/5  rDev -1.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

If I got clocked in the head with that apple from the commercial I'd go to the miller brew co. And throw bushells of aPples at their windows.

1.5/5  rDev -44.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

It's a watered down mess of alcohol

2.92/5  rDev +8.1%

Dilutes the beer taste. Alcohol is very low

2.36/5  rDev -12.6%

The beer is okay. It pours a very light head that disappears almost immediately. It has an amber color and smells a bit like apple cider vinegar. The taste is a bit more like cider than beer and is okay. Overall, I wouldn't turn it down if offered for free, but I wont be buying a six pack.

2.67/5  rDev -1.1%

Its Apple alright.. LoL I wouldn't consider this a beer more like hard cider like many others have commented about this beer. I got a six pack for free from a friend and wanted to see what the hype was about. This beer is for the folks who want to drink a beer that doesn't taste like a beer. Not a fan of this one. I hate to give this beer a bad rating but I just don't like this type of beer. Think of it as apple juice mix with a little sour sour apple and carbonation that's what this beer taste like.

2.15/5  rDev -20.4%

Just too much going on to drink more than one

I can't see why anyone would want a apple flavored beer ever! but this beer has just a hint of apple flavor, all the flavors are good the apple, strawberry, tea, all of them good the only thing bad I would say is that you can only buy the specialty flavors in a variety pack and if you want to get drunk you would need more then the 12 pack to get there

4.14/5  rDev +53.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

One of my favorite beers

3.92/5  rDev +45.2%

Like many others, I do like this beer although it does lean more towards a hard cider. One or two at the most are enjoyable within a short time span.

This stuff is absolutely garbage

2.95/5  rDev +9.3%

Strange taht I kept going back for more trying to taste the alcohol. Could not find it. Very good apple drink. The hidden alcohol is cleverly hidden by sweetness and apples. I better stop now. That swishy way is goes down to easy is bad. I could drink these fast if I didn't know better. Too easy to drink fast.

4.53/5  rDev +67.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Awesome taste. Goes down like apple juice

4.55/5  rDev +68.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

very nice, very refreshing, clean crisp apple flavors come across simple non complex in flavor, enjoyed several of them and would buy again, not a typical beer, more like a hard cider

4.59/5  rDev +70%

My drink of choice anytime

3.58/5  rDev +32.6%

It's not the best beer, okay? It doesn't quite taste like a beer, it doesn't quite taste like a hard cider. But y'know what? It's pretty good, for what it's trying to be: a sweet alcoholic beverage that tastes like apple, but isn't just another cider. It does that pretty well.

2.02/5  rDev -25.2%

Poured from a 12 oz bottle into a pint glass.
Aroma- Has an overwhelming smell of artificial apple sweetener
Appearance- A very light yellow color no head at all.
Taste- Tastes like modified apple juice, not good.
Palate- A light bodied brew with a ton of carbonation.
Overall- I did not enjoy this at all. But I haven't had a good apple beer out of the three or four that I have tried.

2.77/5  rDev +2.6%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

I got this on a lark, just because I wanted something a little fruity, and as I was at a diner that serves beer, and everything else was your typical light beer fare, I thought I'd give this weak Miller product a try. The color is a light golden, very fizzy, with no head or lacing. The smell is of tinny apple, and the taste is similar, very light and carbonated, with a watery mix of water and... beer... maybe? Actually it tasted all right for what it is, not awful, not good either.

3.39/5  rDev +25.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

I would have a hard time calling this a vegetable ale, or even a beer at all. However, as a Swede living in America, I've been looking for something that tastes like a Scandinavian-styled cider for quite some time. This might be it. Very sweet. Sufficiently tasty. Incredibly carbonated. Awful beer. Good for what it is.

2.84/5  rDev +5.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

This is a glorified fruit/vegetable beer at best, reminds me more of a Seagrams more than anything else. It's certainly better than it's strawberry ale counterpart, but not by much. Overall, it's tasty, not much of a beer really, but it does go good with some Fire-bally.

2.19/5  rDev -18.9%

uhhhh....it tastes crappy. like a stale apple juice with a kick

Crappity crap crap crap crap

to view more.
Redd's Apple Ale from Miller Brewing Co.