Redd's Apple Ale - Miller Brewing Co.

Redd's Apple AleRedd's Apple Ale

poor

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  5.00% ABV

Beer added by: Pegasus on 11-18-2012

Reviews by HerculesRM:
2.12/5  rDev -21.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.25

This is not an ale. This is not a cider. It doesn't have any of the good qualities of either. It tastes like one of those Bacardi "fruit" flavored malt beverages. If you like those, this may be right up your alley. No judgement.
If I have anything good to say about it, it's that the appearance was good enough to get me to buy it. I'm glad I got it on sale. I'll keep it in the fridge for when my brother in law comes over; he'll drink anything.

4.5/5  rDev +67.3%

This is beer? This has alcohol in it? I thought I was drinking soda?!

I think it's a great beer for what it is; a fruit beer. Or as I think of it, a fruit "beer soda". It honestly tastes like a beer you'd give a child if that was a legal thing to do. I think it's a perfect beer for someone who doesn't like beer. It's a beer that should be enjoyed under a 90 degree summer day at noon when it's really bright.

1.63/5  rDev -39.4%
look: 1 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

I got this at the Jewel/Osco store in Glendale Heights, IL as part of a build-your-own six pack for $9.99, making this single can $1.67. Surprised to learn this was a Miller product as there is no mention of Miller on the can.

The beer has a clear apple juice color with lots of spritzy carbonation bubbles, but it produces zero head and zero lacing.

Smells like sour apples.

Tastes like carbonated apple cider. It's a bit tart and a bit sour, but totally un-beer like.

Light bodied and spritzy with high carbonation.

This is pretty disgusting stuff. It's not even good as a cider.

1.24/5  rDev -53.9%

Woodman's was offering a free 4-pack of 16-oz cans with a case of any Miller product. I bit.

A: Crystal clear, urine color. The head dissipated faster than any other beer I've seen!

S: Aweful. Smells like a bad champaign. Worst smelling beer I've ever encountered.

T: Aweful. Yuck. Tough to choke it down.

M: Medium body, nicely carbonated.

O: Horrible.

My wife picked up a single bottle as part of a make-your own six pack. She was almost interested in trying it (she doesn't like beer), and then I opened the bottle, took a whiff, and the overwhelming stench of apple cider vinegar assaulted my nose. I allowed it to come up in temp a few degrees, and the flavor got far worse. Way too fizzy, pale yellow, and like one other reviewer stated, I think it actually gave me a low grade migraine. I only rated it at a 1 because there isn't a 0 or less than a 1. Ugh, I rank this in the 'why did we waste the money' category.

2.8/5  rDev +4.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Had this at the Orlando Gaylord, pool side, in a can poured into a plastic cup.

Okay, first off, I don't think this is in any way an Ale. It's way more like a hard cider and that's how I'm going to review it.

A: clear golden colored body leaving a half finger white fizzy head that rapidly died. Lots of fast rising bubbles were seen.

S: apple cider with faint caramel in the background.

T: extremely sweet with apple cider and caramel dominating.

M: light with some harshness on the tongue. It was somewhat smooth as it warmed. It was very sessionable, leaving a sweet dry aftertaste and finish.

Ice cold on a hot day this can work but otherwise I'm staying away.

2.5/5  rDev -7.1%

3.12/5  rDev +16%

2.48/5  rDev -7.8%

2.9/5  rDev +7.8%

Everything about this apple seemed like a cider. It had an orangey amber and gold colour, and smelled like an apple cider. It was very carbonated, and yet again, tasted like a cider. Crisp finish, no lingering flavors or aftertaste. It wasn't that bad, but was not that remarkable either.

Would I buy this beer again? Probably not.

4.75/5  rDev +76.6%

2.45/5  rDev -8.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

Looks like carbonated apple juice. Is it weird that the carbonation bubbles are sort of spiraling upwards instead of heading straight up? No head to speak of. Good clarity. Smells VERY sweet. Think Musselman's apple juice. The taste? Musselman's apple juice with an alcoholic kick. Mouthfeel Is fairly carbonated. Fail.

2.75/5  rDev +2.2%

2.14/5  rDev -20.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Here we go Redd's the commercials are funny the beer is an apple ale a combination of an ale with natural apple flavor and caramel color. Fizzy white head dwindles to nothing in no time at all, large bubbled fizzy carbonation disappears in literally no time at all, apple juice looking body. Aroma apple hand soap or shampoo with tart sliced natural apple flavoring, no real signs of beer. "It's not a cider" (in my best Arnold from Kindergarten Cop "it's not a tumor" voice, it's Redd's Apple Ale, dammit...the flavor is of stale beer and natural apples is not overwhelming nor is it beer it's pseudo cider. When I grow up I want to be made of real Fuji apples not some concentrated apple flavoring that was naturally made in a chemistry lab. Body is light with fizzy carbonation really not offensive I wish I could tell you this was as tasty as any of the Angry Orchard or more established ciders out there however, it's just not...it's a Miller fabrication brewed by Redd's Brewing Co. in Albany, GA.

2.75/5  rDev +2.2%

3.5/5  rDev +30.1%

Redd's Apple Ale from Miller Brewing Co.