Redd's Apple Ale - Miller Brewing Co.

Redd's Apple AleRedd's Apple Ale

poor

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  5.00% ABV

Beer added by: Pegasus on 11-18-2012

Ratings: 910 | Reviews: 175
2.08/5  rDev -23%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

Truly awful. Apple juice would be rated higher.

4.76/5  rDev +76.3%
look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

I really love this beer! Hard ciders are too acetic for me. I keep this in my fridge all the time. Really love it right after hot work. Also use it between other beer sessions to clean the palate. Nice and crisp.

2.84/5  rDev +5.2%

One of the very first beers I went out of my way to find. If I had to describe it in two word, "Magically Mediocre."

It's like carbonated Mott's apple juice with a splash of alcohol thrown in for adults. I'm hesitant to give praise not because it tastes bad but because it really did not impress me. Refreshing, cheap, and easy to find but definitely not something I'd recommend to anyone with any sort of developed palate.

The kind of thing you'd keep in the garage for after you mow the property and just want to relax.

3.5/5  rDev +29.6%

much better than many lower tier craft beers. not bad at all. tastes like a lesser NG Thumbprint apple ale.

3.67/5  rDev +35.9%

I have been seeing the commercials for this bullshit for a year now, and I finally decided to take the test. I have kind-of been thinking about getting this for a while, especially since it is always hot as shit in South Florida, but I finally took the jump.

After a long, hard day of outdoor labor (I am normally in a vehicle for most of the day), I decided that a nice, crisp, appley ale would hit the spot. I hit the local Longhorn for some food and pregame and got a six pack of Redd's to take back to the hotel room. I was pleasantly surprised.

I wasn't expecting much, but I have had the Apple Ale from New Glarus and thought that was great, so I have some perspective.

It looked like a cider, meaning there was no head. The aroma had some apple characteristics but I wouldn't categorize this as an overwhelming aroma of apple.

The taste really hit the spot. It was clean, crisp, refreshing, tasty, and just what I needed. If confronted with a different scenario, perhaps my adulation would be ill-conceived, but in the moment, I enjoyed this beer.

Overall, very enjoyable. This was and is a perfect beer for some post-labor hot weather activities. Enjoyed it!

2.65/5  rDev -1.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

Not recommended. Might pass if you were sitting around a camp fire and choosing berween this and nothing. I thought it might compare favorably with a cider. I was wrong

3.4/5  rDev +25.9%

very different taste then most apple ales, taste is good though, the feel is also a lot different then a standard apple ale.

3.93/5  rDev +45.6%

Very appley but a little too sugary for me

Tasted a lot like a mass produced hard cider.

3.98/5  rDev +47.4%

I enjoy an apple flavored alcoholic beverage, and maybe I enjoy this one just because it doesn't taste that far away from apple juice.

4.96/5  rDev +83.7%

Its avery tastefull apple beer

2.65/5  rDev -1.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

If I got clocked in the head with that apple from the commercial I'd go to the miller brew co. And throw bushells of aPples at their windows.

1.5/5  rDev -44.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

It's a watered down mess of alcohol

2.92/5  rDev +8.1%

Dilutes the beer taste. Alcohol is very low

2.36/5  rDev -12.6%

The beer is okay. It pours a very light head that disappears almost immediately. It has an amber color and smells a bit like apple cider vinegar. The taste is a bit more like cider than beer and is okay. Overall, I wouldn't turn it down if offered for free, but I wont be buying a six pack.

2.67/5  rDev -1.1%

Its Apple alright.. LoL I wouldn't consider this a beer more like hard cider like many others have commented about this beer. I got a six pack for free from a friend and wanted to see what the hype was about. This beer is for the folks who want to drink a beer that doesn't taste like a beer. Not a fan of this one. I hate to give this beer a bad rating but I just don't like this type of beer. Think of it as apple juice mix with a little sour sour apple and carbonation that's what this beer taste like.

2.15/5  rDev -20.4%

Just too much going on to drink more than one

I can't see why anyone would want a apple flavored beer ever! but this beer has just a hint of apple flavor, all the flavors are good the apple, strawberry, tea, all of them good the only thing bad I would say is that you can only buy the specialty flavors in a variety pack and if you want to get drunk you would need more then the 12 pack to get there

4.14/5  rDev +53.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

One of my favorite beers

3.92/5  rDev +45.2%

Like many others, I do like this beer although it does lean more towards a hard cider. One or two at the most are enjoyable within a short time span.

This stuff is absolutely garbage

2.95/5  rDev +9.3%

Strange taht I kept going back for more trying to taste the alcohol. Could not find it. Very good apple drink. The hidden alcohol is cleverly hidden by sweetness and apples. I better stop now. That swishy way is goes down to easy is bad. I could drink these fast if I didn't know better. Too easy to drink fast.

4.53/5  rDev +67.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Awesome taste. Goes down like apple juice

4.55/5  rDev +68.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

very nice, very refreshing, clean crisp apple flavors come across simple non complex in flavor, enjoyed several of them and would buy again, not a typical beer, more like a hard cider

4.59/5  rDev +70%

My drink of choice anytime

Redd's Apple Ale from Miller Brewing Co.