Redd's Apple Ale - Miller Brewing Co.

Redd's Apple AleRedd's Apple Ale

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  5.00% ABV

Beer added by: Pegasus on 11-18-2012

3.7/5  rDev +37.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 1 | overall: 3.75

appearance-looks like apple juice

smell- smells like apple cider

taste- tastes like apple cider with a hint of beer taste

feel-i have no idea

overall-great for people who dont like the taste of beer.

3.06/5  rDev +13.8%

Look: Poured from 12oz bottle into pint glass. Transparent gold. Lots of carbonation, no head at all. Looks just like carbonated apple juice.

Smell: Apples with hint of alcohol, lemons

Taste: very much like a sparkling wine, with apples. Very much what you'd expect from hard cider.

Feel: Carbonation is not as off-putting as I thought. Very light and drinkable. Refreshing

Overall: Very refreshing. Interesting take on beer, but not something I'd buy a whole six pack of.

2.89/5  rDev +7.4%

Pours a golden hue. Looks like carbonated apple juice or cider. Smells of both natural and artificial apples. Tastes like an alcoholic apple juice albeit more artificial. Overall there are better fruit beers out there than this.

2.75/5  rDev +2.2%

At first when you pop open the bottle everything seems like a regular beer. Then the first sip happens, the carbonated bubbles cover your tongue like sparkling water.

It tastes just like a regular light beer then the hint of apple rolls over your tongue, it's not strong but it's there.

This beer almost confuses the senses, it smells like a beer but with a linger of apple reminding you of cider.

If you're new into drinking beer and love cider, I'd recommend you give this a go. Considering its not a very overpowering taste and has a bit of sweetness.

If you love your beer I'd suggest you try it just don't buy a whole case of it.

Wouldn't be too bad in the summer months.

From bottle, Light gold pour with a minimal white head. Taste and aroma of apple juice mixed with a touch of light beer. It's very clean and crisp very nice on a hot day.

2.47/5  rDev -8.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

this is definitely more like a cider than a beer, which is what i would expect (i was surprised it wasn't labeled as a cider). i like a cider sometimes to start off with but i can't drink them all night.

1.66/5  rDev -38.3%

Obviously not a standard beer, but even as far as ciders go, this one is weak for me. If I'm going to have a cider, personally I like a strong apple flavor and a bit higher alcohol content 6-8%. This to me tasted like watered down apple juice. Maybe good for someone who doesn't like beer but wants something a bit lighter.

4.06/5  rDev +50.9%

Along with Angry Orchard, this was my starter beer into the beer world. Just like carbonated apple juice! All in all, it is a great sissy beer! I'd drink it, but I've graduated into light beers

3.84/5  rDev +42.8%

It's not a great brew, but it is really refreshing on a hot, summer day. I'm not a fan of cider, but I like this. I prefer the Green Apple Ale to the Red because it is more tart, but they are all good. The Wicked version packs a wallop.

2.96/5  rDev +10%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.75

Only rating this because 1.) It's actually on here and 2.) Trying to reach 250 beers. Ummmm so it looks smells and tastes like apple juice with hints of apple cider. It's really not terrible. Just not "beer".

2.9/5  rDev +7.8%

Wait....Since when were these beers actually listed on here..? Well, I've had one sitting in my fridge since the Fourth so what the hell, I'll give it a shot for the sake of reviewing.

Look - Drank straight from the can so I don't know.

Smell - Apple juice concentrate with....more apple juice.

Taste - You'd never believe it, but it tastes like...apple juice. Slightly bitter.

Feel - Sweet, medium bodied with moderate carbonation.

Overall - It ain't too bad for what it is to be honest.

look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

I personally can enjoy beers that mask or attempt to mask the "beer" taste. Flavour is nice, it's crispy when cooled, and overall a decent solid beverage for those looking for something not so intimidating. 4/5 overall, you can smell much so that can be a plus or a minus depending on taste (minus for me). Feels nice and crisp like I said, and looks lovely. Nice color and packaging looks. I would recommend this to anyone looking for something that doesn't overwhelm you with the taste of beer.

4.76/5  rDev +77%
look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

I really love this beer! Hard ciders are too acetic for me. I keep this in my fridge all the time. Really love it right after hot work. Also use it between other beer sessions to clean the palate. Nice and crisp.

2.84/5  rDev +5.6%

One of the very first beers I went out of my way to find. If I had to describe it in two word, "Magically Mediocre."

It's like carbonated Mott's apple juice with a splash of alcohol thrown in for adults. I'm hesitant to give praise not because it tastes bad but because it really did not impress me. Refreshing, cheap, and easy to find but definitely not something I'd recommend to anyone with any sort of developed palate.

The kind of thing you'd keep in the garage for after you mow the property and just want to relax.

3.67/5  rDev +36.4%

I have been seeing the commercials for this bullshit for a year now, and I finally decided to take the test. I have kind-of been thinking about getting this for a while, especially since it is always hot as shit in South Florida, but I finally took the jump.

After a long, hard day of outdoor labor (I am normally in a vehicle for most of the day), I decided that a nice, crisp, appley ale would hit the spot. I hit the local Longhorn for some food and pregame and got a six pack of Redd's to take back to the hotel room. I was pleasantly surprised.

I wasn't expecting much, but I have had the Apple Ale from New Glarus and thought that was great, so I have some perspective.

It looked like a cider, meaning there was no head. The aroma had some apple characteristics but I wouldn't categorize this as an overwhelming aroma of apple.

The taste really hit the spot. It was clean, crisp, refreshing, tasty, and just what I needed. If confronted with a different scenario, perhaps my adulation would be ill-conceived, but in the moment, I enjoyed this beer.

Overall, very enjoyable. This was and is a perfect beer for some post-labor hot weather activities. Enjoyed it!

2.65/5  rDev -1.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

Not recommended. Might pass if you were sitting around a camp fire and choosing berween this and nothing. I thought it might compare favorably with a cider. I was wrong

2.36/5  rDev -12.3%

The beer is okay. It pours a very light head that disappears almost immediately. It has an amber color and smells a bit like apple cider vinegar. The taste is a bit more like cider than beer and is okay. Overall, I wouldn't turn it down if offered for free, but I wont be buying a six pack.

2.67/5  rDev -0.7%

Its Apple alright.. LoL I wouldn't consider this a beer more like hard cider like many others have commented about this beer. I got a six pack for free from a friend and wanted to see what the hype was about. This beer is for the folks who want to drink a beer that doesn't taste like a beer. Not a fan of this one. I hate to give this beer a bad rating but I just don't like this type of beer. Think of it as apple juice mix with a little sour sour apple and carbonation that's what this beer taste like.

I can't see why anyone would want a apple flavored beer ever! but this beer has just a hint of apple flavor, all the flavors are good the apple, strawberry, tea, all of them good the only thing bad I would say is that you can only buy the specialty flavors in a variety pack and if you want to get drunk you would need more then the 12 pack to get there

2.95/5  rDev +9.7%

Strange taht I kept going back for more trying to taste the alcohol. Could not find it. Very good apple drink. The hidden alcohol is cleverly hidden by sweetness and apples. I better stop now. That swishy way is goes down to easy is bad. I could drink these fast if I didn't know better. Too easy to drink fast.

4.55/5  rDev +69.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

very nice, very refreshing, clean crisp apple flavors come across simple non complex in flavor, enjoyed several of them and would buy again, not a typical beer, more like a hard cider

3.58/5  rDev +33.1%

It's not the best beer, okay? It doesn't quite taste like a beer, it doesn't quite taste like a hard cider. But y'know what? It's pretty good, for what it's trying to be: a sweet alcoholic beverage that tastes like apple, but isn't just another cider. It does that pretty well.

2.02/5  rDev -24.9%

Poured from a 12 oz bottle into a pint glass.
Aroma- Has an overwhelming smell of artificial apple sweetener
Appearance- A very light yellow color no head at all.
Taste- Tastes like modified apple juice, not good.
Palate- A light bodied brew with a ton of carbonation.
Overall- I did not enjoy this at all. But I haven't had a good apple beer out of the three or four that I have tried.

2.77/5  rDev +3%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

I got this on a lark, just because I wanted something a little fruity, and as I was at a diner that serves beer, and everything else was your typical light beer fare, I thought I'd give this weak Miller product a try. The color is a light golden, very fizzy, with no head or lacing. The smell is of tinny apple, and the taste is similar, very light and carbonated, with a watery mix of water and... beer... maybe? Actually it tasted all right for what it is, not awful, not good either.

3.39/5  rDev +26%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

I would have a hard time calling this a vegetable ale, or even a beer at all. However, as a Swede living in America, I've been looking for something that tastes like a Scandinavian-styled cider for quite some time. This might be it. Very sweet. Sufficiently tasty. Incredibly carbonated. Awful beer. Good for what it is.

Redd's Apple Ale from Miller Brewing Co.