Redd's Apple Ale - Miller Brewing Co.

Redd's Apple AleRedd's Apple Ale

poor

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  5.00% ABV

(Beer added by: Pegasus on 11-18-2012)
View: Beers (28) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters
APH

07-22-2013 07:42:56 | More by APH
Shackleford

3.45/5  rDev +28.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

This beverage surprised me. Its not overly flavorful which works to its advantage. It tastes like diluted carbonated apple juice. Its not heavy like cider and it doesn't taste like a beer at all. But, it goes down easy and is very refreshing. This drink will fill a similar niche as Mike's Hard, but for people who prefer apple flavoring to lemon. I had mine out of an ice cold bottle. I enjoyed it. I won't be stocking my fridge with Redd's but who knows I might be ordering one at a bar next time I'm sick of light beer.

07-22-2013 05:24:45 | More by Shackleford
AlcoholEnthusiast

2.65/5  rDev -1.1%

Best served ice cold. Appearance isn't bad since it does have a nice golden color but smell is somewhat like baby wipes and apple juice. Reminds me of a day care. Taste is like a light lager beer flavor with a cider-apple taste mixed in and mouthfeel is like water. It is smooth and thin and goes down easy and best of all, no bad after taste. It's certainly not the craft style beer they try to make it out to be but on a hot summer day or after yard work, this might be a nice refreshing way to cool off. I most likely won't buy it again but at roughly $1 a bottle, it wasn't a total waste.

07-22-2013 00:40:53 | More by AlcoholEnthusiast
RoamingGnome

Wisconsin

2.55/5  rDev -4.9%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Redd's Apple Ale

Consumed directly from the bottle... Why??? My best snifter was not available. This was ice cold out of the cooler.

A) A very light golden amber.... Looks okay, so I have rated accordingly.

S) The aroma took me back to a New Year's Eve long ago, when I was bonging Red Dog and Woodchuck Amber like crazy. The kitchen floor in the apartment smelled like this. The scent was not that pleasant, but I will thank Redd's for bringing back a hazy memory.

T) As mentioned above... It's kind of a macro-lager, hard cider combo. Sweet and tart apple flavor is light, and somewhat artificial.

M) Very light and highly carbonated. One could make the case, that it is crisp and refreshing in the heat of summer.

O) Not very good, and quite frankly I can think of no reason that I wouldn't plunk down a few extra bucks for a real fruit beer option from New Glarus Brewery.

07-21-2013 21:39:52 | More by RoamingGnome

07-15-2013 16:10:43 | More by MNBeerGeek
Mean_green

Wisconsin

4.21/5  rDev +57.1%

Pleasant after taste, tastes best really cold, relatively cheap and worth the price(WI).
Not an over powering apple taste, nothing like spiked apple juice/cider although I can admit that my experience with beer is rather lacking I can say compared to other main stream beer i.e. any Miller, Coors, Heineken, Pabst, Leinenkugels. Only beer I can actually sit back and kick the shit with, favorite over all.

From the looks of other reviews, must be a Wisconsin thing... :shrug:

07-15-2013 05:14:16 | More by Mean_green

07-14-2013 04:06:08 | More by Eaglefan344
Alivewiththegloryofhops

New Hampshire

2.5/5  rDev -6.7%

Redds Apple Ale is delicious, but I will never buy it again. I admit to feeling fooled by the "ale" label. Let's be honest- it is a cider. Another reviewer said it best- it is carbonated apple juice. I expected a mildly fruity apple BEER, which is not what I got. This is the same reason I hate Nutella- I really hate being lied to (Nutella because it claims to be "healthy" but I digress). If I want to enjoy a refreshing bubbly cider, I will pick up some Angry Orchard which at least has the decency to mix it up with interesting flavors. I wanted beer, not the equivalent of Mike's Hard or Smirnoff Ice. I did give it a high score for mouthfeel because I loved the bubbles on my tongue. It was delightfully carbonated.

07-14-2013 00:47:07 | More by Alivewiththegloryofhops
Tones-

Arizona

2.88/5  rDev +7.5%

saw a special for 2 pint cans for like $3, so i figured i'd give it a go. i'll say this: redd's is not a fruit beer...or if it is, there were some serious missteps made to ultimately put this in the same league as mike's hard beverages, smirnoff ice, and so on: "malt beverage". it tastes like carbonated apple juice, which isn't a bad thing if you just got done doing yard work or any time you're trying to cool off. not a beer, but not wretch-worthy like some folks are saying. it tastes like juice...last time i checked, a cup of juice never made anyone go on a rant.

Serving type: can

07-09-2013 03:02:45 | More by Brookebby
BrentBeer1169

Maryland

4.43/5  rDev +65.3%

Taste: A good Miller Light with Apple flavor. Bottle states that real apples are used, I can taste it.

Isn't foamy at all. A good smooth drink from the time you open it to when its alittle warm and down to the bottom.

One of my favorite Beers from Miller Co. Even that I'm a huge Coors fan!

07-08-2013 23:03:57 | More by BrentBeer1169
MindEyeSight

Indiana

07-08-2013 20:51:41 | More by MindEyeSight
hardy008

1.36/5  rDev -49.3%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

Pours light gold with no head and no lacing. Smells like artificial apple juice, not a very strong aroma.

tastes like watered down artificial apple juice with some grains. Doesn't taste like beer or cider at all. I would not believe this is beer, or was supposed to be, if it wasn't for the label calling this an Ale.

Thin and watery with too much carbonation. This is terrible. I'm sure it would seem even worse if I drank it side by side with New Glarus Apple Ale, which I like very much. This beer isn't even close to being as good as the New Glarus offering.

07-07-2013 20:03:03 | More by hardy008
Mattyb79

07-05-2013 23:10:44 | More by Mattyb79
Zorro

2.59/5  rDev -3.4%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Clear light gold colored beer with no head whatsoever looks like an apple cider.

Smells like apple cider. strong apple with a little corn, very much more like cider than beer in scent.

Starts out tasting like watered down apple cider with a little sweet and sour apple flavor going on. What this tastes like and probably is Apple Cider mixed with miller lite. Not sure who this is for beer drinkers ashamed to drink cider or cider drinkers who want to drink beer? Tastes OK, but seriously pick one don't mix them in to what amounts to watered down cider or sweetened lite beer?

Mouthfeel is light and bubbly again sort of like cider.

Overall it is Miller Lite and Apple Cider, I fail to see the point.

07-04-2013 23:20:16 | More by Zorro
Redd's Apple Ale from Miller Brewing Co.