Redd's Strawberry Ale - Miller Brewing Co.

Redd's Strawberry AleRedd's Strawberry Ale

poor

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  5.00% ABV

Beer added by: Darkmagus82 on 08-21-2013

Ratings: 225 | Reviews: 52
3.66/5  rDev +37.1%

I'm not a big beer lover, this a a cool refreshing drink after working in the yard, or sitting around an outdoor fire with friends.

2.71/5  rDev +1.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

A: [3.25] Crystal clear yellow color. A really rough pour produced a slight white head that was gone before I set the bottle down. The bottle lists the ABV (5.0%). The neck has a date that I believe is a best by date (1/26/15).

S: [3.00] Strawberry. Nothing else. Not subtle strawberry - full on strawberry.

T: [2.50] Follows the nose. Heavy strawberry.

M: [3.00] Light, crisp, refreshing. High carbonation.

O: [2.75] This is like a flavored Bud Light. I am sure people that don't like beer but do like strawberry would enjoy this. It is not offensive - I would drink one on a boat. It does start to wear on you, the unrelenting strawberry flavor. It would be WAY down my list of beers to seek out.

3.94/5  rDev +47.6%

Taste is good, but I don't think it tastes much like strawberry.

Mmmmm, chemical strawberry taste. Ghastly excuse for a beverage.

4.5/5  rDev +68.5%

Awesome fruit beer very tasty and sweet and refreshing

2.45/5  rDev -8.2%

I wouldn't get this when apple cider is available. I don't think it is something original or interesting.

4.37/5  rDev +63.7%

Very smooth and enjoyable to me

2.49/5  rDev -6.7%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Too sweet for my liking.

2.66/5  rDev -0.4%
look: 2 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Did not really taste like strawberry at all. Tasted like sweetened cider.
Good for party, and for people who cannot drink beer at parties.

3.29/5  rDev +23.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Would have thought this to be a cider. Sweet and crisp. No bad - but might not be for the true beer drinker - hard to find the elements of beer in this drink.

3.11/5  rDev +16.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

Poured from a 16 oz. can. Has a light golden color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell is of sweet strawberries. Taste is like strawberry soda, only sweeter. Really doesn't have many characteristics of a beer. Feels light in the mouth and overall is a mediocre beer.

1.5/5  rDev -43.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

No thanks. Just crossing this off the "tried it once and never again"list.

2.46/5  rDev -7.9%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

In respect to being a strawberry version of redds apple it 5/5.

4.3/5  rDev +61%

My new favorite summertime "beer". Very light and refreshing under a bright sunny sky. More of a wine cooler than a beer

4.5/5  rDev +68.5%

Great, cheap beer for those that dislike the bitter taste of most beers and/or want something fruity, but do not want some generic wine cooler. Not as good as a Woodchuck, but it'll do, it'll do.

It's a very low alcohol beer, so supper light. It has a lot of carbonation, matter of fact it tastes very much like soda. Not bitter what so ever.

2.64/5  rDev -1.1%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Poured from a 12 OZ bottle into a pint glass.
Aroma- Smells like artificial strawberries with some grain tossed into the mix.
Appearance- The best part of this experience, a light copper color with no head to speak of.
Taste- Incredibly sweet, but an artificial sweet flavor with a beer aftertaste, not for me.
Palate- A light bodied beer with moderate carbonation with a sweet tart candy like experience for the aftertaste.
Overall- I do enjoy some fruit beers but this is just so over the top and artificial I didn't care for it.

3.17/5  rDev +18.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Served from the bottle in a shaker pint glass at Chasers - Lake Zurich.

So I eyed this bottle in the cooler the first (and former) time I was at Chasers, knowing that I haven't found an individual bottle anywhere else for some reason. This time, with some time to kill, let's grab it, eh? This stuff pours a clear brass-amber topped by a half-finger of short-lived off-white foam. The nose comprises artificial strawberry, an undercurrent of artificial sweet apple, and a hint of corn syrup. The taste brings in more of the same, the inherent sweetness really doing the strawberry flavor a hefty favor. The body is a light medium, with a moderate carbonation and a slick-ish, almost soda-like feel. Overall, not a bad fruity thing, though it's soda-reminiscent characteristics make it unlikely that I'll have many more in the future.

2.46/5  rDev -7.9%

The original Apple Ale is still the best of the 3, but Strawberry Ale was decent. I’m not sure I would buy it again, but since my girlfriend likes this kind of stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if I end up having more. Taste similar to the Apple Ale with a touch of strawberry. better than a wine cooler.

2.5/5  rDev -6.4%

All I can really say about this beer was that it tasted like a strawberry jolly rancher. It had a very artificial fruit flavor to me.

3.85/5  rDev +44.2%

At first, I didn't think I would like this. I intuitively didn't think 'strawberry' and 'ale' went together harmoniously. I thought it was going to be a sickeningly-sweet, overly-strawberried concoction. But it wasn't. This beer was on the dryer side and crisp. It was definitely strawberry - no subtleties here. There was enough strawberry that I didn't really pick up any malt/hop characteristics - which is fine - though it had the color of a pale ale (not pilsner).

This ended up being a nice, easy drinker at the end of a hot day. I rated taste, mouthfeel and overall as 'outstanding' as, for this style, it was nicely balanced....though still in a gray-area between 'ale' and 'malt beverage'.

2.18/5  rDev -18.4%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2.5

I am new to the world of beer drinking and coming from the mixed drink side this would not be a drink I would recommend as a starter beer. It reminds me way too much of the Smirnoff drinks with their fake fruit and overly sweet taste. Tastes like wine coolers and not really like beer.

2.18/5  rDev -18.4%

I purchased this for my wife and after one sip she said it was too sweet, imagine that. So I tried to drink the rest but found the artificial strawberry flavor is so cloying that it made this impossible to finish. The sugary feel is thick and coats the mouth with a slime that gets you nearly choked. The Apple Ale delivered a much smoother, almost cider like feel and flavor but this is artificial and sickly sweet.

2.67/5  rDev 0%

I bought a six-pack of this stuff only because my daughter wanted this stuff, so what's a dad to do? I am beginning to believe that Redd's is trying to be a gateway brew for women to get excited to beer. Unfortunately, this stuff is more like Seagrams or Bartle and James than a real beer.

From a pure beer perspective it wasn't altogether awful, but it certainly wasn't the best I've ever had. Appearance was so-so, the smell was okay, but the rest was sorta okay at best. Overall, I think I liked the Apple Ale better, but I'm certainly not a huge fan of these beers.

3.28/5  rDev +22.8%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Redd's Strawberry Ale brewed by Miller Brewing Co. This brew pours out a dark amber color with a thin white head. The head of this brew goes away fast. The appearance is that of an American style lager. There is not a lot of carbonation to this brew. Redd's Strawberry Ale appearance is decent. The smell is a strong with strawberry and that is it not hops or anything. Not too big on the smell; it's like cheap strawberry candy or Kool Aid. The taste is really strawberry, but it is smooth with a clean finish. Mouth feel is nice nothing bad but it dose has a strawberry after taste. This is a good brew to change it up from other brews on the market. Overall I'm giving this brew a 3.25 out of 5. I would but this brew again. This brew is not something I can drink on all night but it a good brew.

Redd's Strawberry Ale from Miller Brewing Co.