Redd's Strawberry Ale - Miller Brewing Co.

Redd's Strawberry AleRedd's Strawberry Ale

Beer added by: Darkmagus82 on 08-21-2013

to view more.
Ratings: 215 | Reviews: 46
4.37/5  rDev +64.9%

Very smooth and enjoyable to me

2.49/5  rDev -6%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Too sweet for my liking.

2.66/5  rDev +0.4%
look: 2 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Did not really taste like strawberry at all. Tasted like sweetened cider.
Good for party, and for people who cannot drink beer at parties.

3.29/5  rDev +24.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Would have thought this to be a cider. Sweet and crisp. No bad - but might not be for the true beer drinker - hard to find the elements of beer in this drink.

3.11/5  rDev +17.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

Poured from a 16 oz. can. Has a light golden color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell is of sweet strawberries. Taste is like strawberry soda, only sweeter. Really doesn't have many characteristics of a beer. Feels light in the mouth and overall is a mediocre beer.

1.5/5  rDev -43.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

No thanks. Just crossing this off the "tried it once and never again"list.

2.46/5  rDev -7.2%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

In respect to being a strawberry version of redds apple it 5/5.

4.3/5  rDev +62.3%

My new favorite summertime "beer". Very light and refreshing under a bright sunny sky. More of a wine cooler than a beer

4.5/5  rDev +69.8%

Great, cheap beer for those that dislike the bitter taste of most beers and/or want something fruity, but do not want some generic wine cooler. Not as good as a Woodchuck, but it'll do, it'll do.

It's a very low alcohol beer, so supper light. It has a lot of carbonation, matter of fact it tastes very much like soda. Not bitter what so ever.

2.64/5  rDev -0.4%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Poured from a 12 OZ bottle into a pint glass.
Aroma- Smells like artificial strawberries with some grain tossed into the mix.
Appearance- The best part of this experience, a light copper color with no head to speak of.
Taste- Incredibly sweet, but an artificial sweet flavor with a beer aftertaste, not for me.
Palate- A light bodied beer with moderate carbonation with a sweet tart candy like experience for the aftertaste.
Overall- I do enjoy some fruit beers but this is just so over the top and artificial I didn't care for it.

3.17/5  rDev +19.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Served from the bottle in a shaker pint glass at Chasers - Lake Zurich.

So I eyed this bottle in the cooler the first (and former) time I was at Chasers, knowing that I haven't found an individual bottle anywhere else for some reason. This time, with some time to kill, let's grab it, eh? This stuff pours a clear brass-amber topped by a half-finger of short-lived off-white foam. The nose comprises artificial strawberry, an undercurrent of artificial sweet apple, and a hint of corn syrup. The taste brings in more of the same, the inherent sweetness really doing the strawberry flavor a hefty favor. The body is a light medium, with a moderate carbonation and a slick-ish, almost soda-like feel. Overall, not a bad fruity thing, though it's soda-reminiscent characteristics make it unlikely that I'll have many more in the future.

2.46/5  rDev -7.2%

The original Apple Ale is still the best of the 3, but Strawberry Ale was decent. I’m not sure I would buy it again, but since my girlfriend likes this kind of stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if I end up having more. Taste similar to the Apple Ale with a touch of strawberry. better than a wine cooler.

2.5/5  rDev -5.7%

All I can really say about this beer was that it tasted like a strawberry jolly rancher. It had a very artificial fruit flavor to me.

3.85/5  rDev +45.3%

At first, I didn't think I would like this. I intuitively didn't think 'strawberry' and 'ale' went together harmoniously. I thought it was going to be a sickeningly-sweet, overly-strawberried concoction. But it wasn't. This beer was on the dryer side and crisp. It was definitely strawberry - no subtleties here. There was enough strawberry that I didn't really pick up any malt/hop characteristics - which is fine - though it had the color of a pale ale (not pilsner).

This ended up being a nice, easy drinker at the end of a hot day. I rated taste, mouthfeel and overall as 'outstanding' as, for this style, it was nicely balanced....though still in a gray-area between 'ale' and 'malt beverage'.

2.18/5  rDev -17.7%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2.5

I am new to the world of beer drinking and coming from the mixed drink side this would not be a drink I would recommend as a starter beer. It reminds me way too much of the Smirnoff drinks with their fake fruit and overly sweet taste. Tastes like wine coolers and not really like beer.

2.18/5  rDev -17.7%

I purchased this for my wife and after one sip she said it was too sweet, imagine that. So I tried to drink the rest but found the artificial strawberry flavor is so cloying that it made this impossible to finish. The sugary feel is thick and coats the mouth with a slime that gets you nearly choked. The Apple Ale delivered a much smoother, almost cider like feel and flavor but this is artificial and sickly sweet.

2.67/5  rDev +0.8%

I bought a six-pack of this stuff only because my daughter wanted this stuff, so what's a dad to do? I am beginning to believe that Redd's is trying to be a gateway brew for women to get excited to beer. Unfortunately, this stuff is more like Seagrams or Bartle and James than a real beer.

From a pure beer perspective it wasn't altogether awful, but it certainly wasn't the best I've ever had. Appearance was so-so, the smell was okay, but the rest was sorta okay at best. Overall, I think I liked the Apple Ale better, but I'm certainly not a huge fan of these beers.

3.28/5  rDev +23.8%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Redd's Strawberry Ale brewed by Miller Brewing Co. This brew pours out a dark amber color with a thin white head. The head of this brew goes away fast. The appearance is that of an American style lager. There is not a lot of carbonation to this brew. Redd's Strawberry Ale appearance is decent. The smell is a strong with strawberry and that is it not hops or anything. Not too big on the smell; it's like cheap strawberry candy or Kool Aid. The taste is really strawberry, but it is smooth with a clean finish. Mouth feel is nice nothing bad but it dose has a strawberry after taste. This is a good brew to change it up from other brews on the market. Overall I'm giving this brew a 3.25 out of 5. I would but this brew again. This brew is not something I can drink on all night but it a good brew.

1.84/5  rDev -30.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

Light copper color. No head. No lace. Looks like watered down tea.

Sweet artifically-flavored strawberry gum, apple juice, faint malt, and sucrose. Yikes.

Gummi strawberry, pear juice, sweet tea, rhubarb pie filling, and sugar. I can just make out some grain flavors. Wow.

Tartly sweet. Juice-like body. Almost no carbonation. Detestable.

Not beer. Beer... but, not really.

2.86/5  rDev +7.9%

Transparent ale, slightly darker than straw color. Absolutely no head to speak of even after an athoughggressive pour. Can see a few bubbles rising to the surface.

Smells like strawberry soda.

Taste is much like strawberry soda just a little less sweet and more natural tasting. Just a hint of malt character and red apples. No hops detected.

Medium bodied with a slick, syrupy texture. Decent carbonation.

Sweet but not too sweet. Surprisingly, not terrible as expected. Pretty average for a fruit beer though. Probably won't be going out of my way to get this but it was worth a try.

2.13/5  rDev -19.6%

From a can.

Perfume and sweet apples on the nose

No head, no film, no collar, no lace

Tastes like apple juice with some strawberries mixed in. Barely beer, waste of good water. Pass it by. I snared a can at a party to bring home, glad I did not pay any $ for this.

3.38/5  rDev +27.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Redd's Strawberry Ale is light and easy to drink, just like the apple. The strawberry flavor is sweet but not too much. It doesn't make me feel full or as if I've had too much to drink, and it tastes fresh in my mouth--even afterward. It's just a good beer that's nice to have with dinner or on its own. Going through each of the ratings doesn't quite match up with what I think, since it is not an "outstanding" beer at all, in any category, and it isn't exceptionally interesting or unique, but I'll drink it over and over, because it is overall good and, again, easy to drink.

2.11/5  rDev -20.4%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

12 oz clear bottle into a snifter. Best before May 05 14

Pours a crystal clear super light golden yellow color. White head fizzed away instantly after the pour leaving absolutely nothing.

An apple cidery aroma with mostly strawberry. Fake candy green apple. Very artificial and very sweet smelling. Almost medicinal.

The taste is pretty much all sweet sugary artificial strawberry. Very watery. This is a beer?

Super light in body, very watery.

This is like a straight up wine cooler, I don't know how they get off calling this a beer. Too sugary, too fake tasting.

2.64/5  rDev -0.4%

A: Pours a crystal clear medium yellow in color with light to moderate amounts of active visible carbonation rising from the bottom of the glass and hints of golden yellow highlights. The beer has an eighth of a finger tall fizzy white head that almost immediately fades to just a couple of extremely small patches of extremely thin film and no ring at the edges of the glass. No lacing is observed.

S: Moderate to strong aromas of super sweet artificial strawberry with some lighter hints of sweet apple juice and just a hint of something medicinal in nature.

T: This is a very sweet beverage with moderate to strong flavors of very sweet artificial strawberry with some light hints of slightly sour artificial strawberry. There are light to moderate flavors of apple juice but there is nothing remaining that makes me think of this as a beer.

M: Light to medium bodied with heavy amounts of carbonation.

O: This reminds me more of a strawberry soda than a beer - not horrible if this fruit flavored thing is what you are looking for but it's not my favorite thing (it was a freebie from a family friend so I am reviewing it). Alcohol is very well hidden but it is too sweet.

to view more.
Redd's Strawberry Ale from Miller Brewing Co.