Coffee Porter - C'est What?

Coffee PorterCoffee Porter

C'est What? visit their website
Ontario, Canada

American Porter |  5.90% ABV

Toronto’s original coffee porter has a balance of mocha and roast.

(Beer added by: WVbeergeek on 02-20-2003)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
tommy78

4.22/5  rDev +6.8%

Overall, the best word to describe this beer is "surpising." The appearence was as dark as night, with not much head. The smell really didn't do it for me. The pints I had lacked a certain, strong odor. The taste shocked me though. The porter had a malty-coffee flavor with some chocolate in the aftertaste. After the third or fourth sip of your pint, you tasted the essence of the drink. The porter had a good feel. Not too hoppy, but subtle enough to feel it going down your esophogus. Finally, I was able to enjoy 3 pints during my visit. The porter tasted better and better as I enjoyed a new pint. I recommend this drink if you visit C'est What.

03-23-2004 01:49:22 | More by tommy78
TerryW

Ontario (Canada)

3.63/5  rDev -8.1%

If you're into coffee this definitely one worth trying. Great coffee aromas and tastes. Could fool you rather easily into not thinking it's a beer. Short, dense, creamy head. Great lattice of lace as you work you way through the glass. Very attractive. The only thing that put me off was the thin watery mouthfeel, otherwise A-1. Could become a habit if it's your neighbourhood.

03-07-2004 01:51:41 | More by TerryW
ChappyCubsFan

4.28/5  rDev +8.4%

C'est What's Coffee Porter was the one of the highlights of my trip to Toronto. There were not many Canadian beers I enjoyed on my trip (except for the Kingston Brewing Company in Kingston, Ontario where everything was good). The taste was like no other porter I've tried. Not too filling with a lot of coffee fragrance that blended well with the hops and malt, and yet very smooth and drinkable.

12-30-2003 03:20:06 | More by ChappyCubsFan
Sammy

Ontario (Canada)

3.28/5  rDev -17%

This was more coffee than beer. We found this difficult to finish. Was like an iced coffee. I personally found it good for what it is. None of us would order this one again but it was OK in a session of sampling seven. Strong coffee smell. Dark color and nice white foam.

12-19-2003 01:29:41 | More by Sammy
steelreign

4.93/5  rDev +24.8%

Holy shit - THIS is craft brewing at its finest! Upon my visit to C'est What? in Toronto this weekend, I fell in love with this brew. It is simply captivating in every way. If you crave coffee like notes from your malts, well this one one-ups the competition by using real roasted coffee beans. The dark toffee color and oh so wonderful coffee aroma - almost espresso-like - combined with nice hopping and other malty goodness launches you into a state of bliss. So incredibly TASTY and addictive in its simplicity (or is that complexity?), it certainly leaves a nice impression. When in Toronto, do yourself a huge favor and stop in C'est What? on Front Street - you will not be the same again. :)

09-02-2003 14:47:25 | More by steelreign
francisweizen

Alaska

4.83/5  rDev +22.3%

Coffee Porter. This is one hell of on amazing Porter! This beer was presented to me with an Opaque, dark, black colour with a nice nitro-induced bit of head. The aromas were of COFFEE, dark roasted malts, barley, and faint hops. The taste was more of the same. A seemless crossing of an excellent cup of espresso and a wonderfully robust porter. The mouthfeel was very smooth and creamy, which one can expect from a nitro beer and the drinkability was one of the best I have ever encountered with a porter. A modern day classic!
Drink it, Now!
Cheers!
-F

04-28-2003 15:53:51 | More by francisweizen
WVbeergeek

West Virginia

4.25/5  rDev +7.6%

First I would like to say that this was my first beer infused with coffee beans, and I must say it has shown me the possiblities of coffee and beer. It pours with a very dark almost opaque body with a full creamy nitrogenated moccha colored head. I must give the brewer some complements, because I have heard it is very difficult to build a beer with coffe beans that has good head retention. This was an amazing beer that smelled of dark roasts, chocolate, and yes full freshly ground coffee beans. The taste has a rich cappucino taswte yet the darker roasts are still present with hints of chocolate. An amazing combination, and the nitrogen gives this beer a very creamy full mouthfeel that rich and full, meant to be enjoyed at most a couple at a time. Very inviting and worth another shot again, and again.

Serving type: nitro-tap

02-20-2003 18:31:57 | More by WVbeergeek
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
Coffee Porter from C'est What?