Mother's Milk Stout - Three Rivers Eatery And Brewhouse

pDev: 25%
Three Rivers Eatery And Brewhouse visit their website
New Mexico, United States

Milk / Sweet Stout |  4.30% ABV

Milk Stouts are a variatin on the British style of sweet stout. “Milk” Stout refers to the us of milk sugar (lactose) to give the beer a softer, sweeter finish. The carbonation in this beer is all nitrogen, again, to give the beer a softer finish, as well as a rich, creamy head.

(Beer added by: Koufax21 on 01-28-2012)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters
Reviews by Koufax21:
Koufax21

New Mexico

2.25/5  rDev -25%

Ouch!!! I hate to see a good brewery turn out a product like this. I should have taken the bartenders offer of a sample rather than getting a pint of it. The carbonation on this beer is all nitrous. It had a decent cascade effect but left only about a 1/4" creamy head on it an had an oily appearance on the top of the head. The smell is what set it all wrong. It smelled like buttered popcorn. I hear this a smell that points to an infection - diacetyl. I look forward to trying this in a couple months. Hopefully I'll be editing this post and giving it a much needed adjustment. The taste had chocolate and sweet flavors, but I just couldn't get into the beer. Everytime I'd go to take a drink that buttered popcorn smell just ruined it. I hope they get it right next time.

01-28-2012 16:35:49 | More by Koufax21
rpandre2

3.75/5  rDev +25%

08-14-2013 20:10:00 | More by rpandre2
Mother's Milk Stout from Three Rivers Eatery And Brewhouse
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.