Mother's Milk Stout - Three Rivers Eatery And Brewhouse

Three Rivers Eatery And Brewhouse visit their website
New Mexico, United States

Milk / Sweet Stout |  4.30% ABV

Beer added by: Koufax21 on 01-28-2012

Milk Stouts are a variatin on the British style of sweet stout. “Milk” Stout refers to the us of milk sugar (lactose) to give the beer a softer, sweeter finish. The carbonation in this beer is all nitrogen, again, to give the beer a softer finish, as well as a rich, creamy head.
Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

3.75/5  rDev n/a

2.21/5  rDev n/a

Ouch!!! I hate to see a good brewery turn out a product like this. I should have taken the bartenders offer of a sample rather than getting a pint of it. The carbonation on this beer is all nitrous. It had a decent cascade effect but left only about a 1/4" creamy head on it an had an oily appearance on the top of the head. The smell is what set it all wrong. It smelled like buttered popcorn. I hear this a smell that points to an infection - diacetyl. I look forward to trying this in a couple months. Hopefully I'll be editing this post and giving it a much needed adjustment. The taste had chocolate and sweet flavors, but I just couldn't get into the beer. Everytime I'd go to take a drink that buttered popcorn smell just ruined it. I hope they get it right next time. (775 characters)

Mother's Milk Stout from Three Rivers Eatery And Brewhouse
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.