Flathead Cherry Ale - Glacier Brewing Company

poor

Glacier Brewing Company visit their website
Montana, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  5.50% ABV

The Flathead Cherry Ale is a refreshing blend of a light-colored beer and a cherry flavor.

(Beer added by: harrymel on 10-12-2011)
Reviews by Murrhey:
1.33/5  rDev -23.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Poured from a 12oz bottle into a pint glass. Reviewed live.

A- Half finger white head. Weak retention, some soapy lacing. Light orange body, high clarity.

S- Smells like a cherry cordial. Punch in the nose cherry smell. That's about all I'm going to get out of this beer. Cherry cough syrup smell.

T- Did I say cough syrup. Good god. This beer brings back memories of being sick as a child.

M- Thicker than I expected. Finishes biting.

O- I poured half of it out. Disgusting.

Murrhey, Sep 12, 2012

1.75/5  rDev +0.6%

EricCioe, Mar 09, 2012
1.05/5  rDev -39.7%

bottled: unknown

A:pours golden with a finger of white foam which immediately falls to a central cone of the same. excellent clarity and no lace.
S: Smells of cough syrup and sugared cherries. A hint of skunk
T: Wow, this is shit. oxidized pilsner malt, some vanilla cherry, artificial flavoring, artificial sugar, artificial flavoring, artificial sugar. An adjunct flavor - maybe rice
M: thin with hi carb - similar to coors
O: this is among the worst beers I've had. Ever. This beer does serve a purpose, however...great for sorority chicks - guaranteed. This beer is not worthy. Not worthy at all. Their website indicates it's been added to the year-round schedule because of overwhelming demand, wow, that's sad for the palates of Montana.

harrymel, Oct 12, 2011

Huffaroma, Jan 02, 2012
1.78/5  rDev +2.3%

"Ale with artificial flavor and certified color. FD&C Red #40"

A- Full inch tall white dense head on a cloudy pink-hued light gold beer. Very nice lacing and above average head retention.

S- I don't know what red nail polish smells like but I bet it's this! Makes my face do funny things.

T- More of the nail polish thing, this time mixed with bubble gum. Slight citrus, pears? Has this weird (not good) aftertaste that makes me want to have another drink just so the aftertaste isn't there...does that make sense? If I had to guess at the ABV I'd say 5.5%

M- Mouthfeel aint bad...a little thin. Good carbonation.

D/O- I'm not sure how this beer makes it into the real world, maybe it's demographic isn't BAs. I could see 18 year old (boys and) girls having rainbow parties with a keg of this in the corner. Worth a try!!

Thanks fdkayti...you're the best?

Duff27, Dec 14, 2011
1.5/5  rDev -13.8%

SCZ, Dec 02, 2012
2.25/5  rDev +29.3%

Sark, Aug 06, 2014
1.25/5  rDev -28.2%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

On the most part I HATE fruit beer, and I am using the word hate here. However, I can tell you why this beer is available year round: MIX IT WITH COLD SMOKE. The best beer in Montana. There are other combinations I have heard of and tried, but this is by far the best. This is a CHERRY BOMB. I usually go 3/4 Cold Smoke and 1/4 Flathead Cherry but some do it the other way (I would never). 1/2 and 1/2 is not bad either, and you can poor the other half of the bottle of Flathead Cherry right into the Cold Smoke can.

Spritology, Nov 04, 2013