Honey-Raspberry Ale - Upstream Brewing Company - Old Market

to view more.
Ratings: 4 | Reviews: 3
Reviews by elmocoso:
3/5  rDev n/a

With the look of cloudy tea, this one was right on average.

No head with slight lacing from the ring.

Nose a bit to sweet, like Raspberry syrup. Unfortunatly it hides the basic smells.

Taste follows. A little bit too much in the artificial flavoring, but not a bad beer with the meal. A little too watery.

2.75/5  rDev n/a

Pink grapefruit was what I thought when I saw this selection. Pink with very mild cloudy gold.
Smelled raspberries and a slight yeast overtone, not too strong but it was present.
When this first finds its way to the mouth the overpowered raspberries hits with a slight wheat taste and barely any honey. Too sweet for me. I don’t mind fruity selections but this was a little overboard.
Light effervescence at first, then followed by a fairly heavy syrup feel.
Overall I couldn't get into this craft at all. I don’t particularly care for this style but I wanted to give the brewer a fair shot. I won’t have this again.

4.69/5  rDev n/a

Tasted on-tap 11/06/06 at Upstream brewpub in Omaha, NE.

A reddish hued color with a low white head. Intense raspberry fruit aroma and flavor ... very nice fruit flavors as a result of using real fruit and not essence. The fruit flavor is strong enough that it overpowers any malt character though ... Light bodied and refreshing.

OK, slam me now but I think this was one of their better offerings ... nice fruit character without any extract flavors. A solid Fruit Beer !!

Per UBC website: 4.4% ABV.
Pale and Munich malts, wheat, honey, and fresh raspberry puree.

to view more.
Honey-Raspberry Ale from Upstream Brewing Company - Old Market
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.