Schlitz O.M.L. (Malt Liquor) - JOS. Schlitz Brewing Co. (Pabst)

Schlitz O.M.L. (Malt Liquor)Schlitz O.M.L. (Malt Liquor)

poor

JOS. Schlitz Brewing Co. (Pabst) visit their website
Illinois, United States

American Malt Liquor |  5.90% ABV

(Beer added by: Todd on 03-27-2002)
eelyj

Maryland

04-17-2014 15:45:48 | More by eelyj
ZOSO2192

03-30-2014 18:36:02 | More by ZOSO2192
JISurfer

South Carolina

This is the nastiest stuff I've ever had. I bought a 40 of it and only had 3 sips. One to taste it, the second to taste again, becuase I didn't believe how nasty it was, and the third just to make sure. The color was nothing special, just a really pale yellow, with no head, but some carbonation. The smell was like a skunk was in a dirty sock, takin' brown. The taste was just like the smell unfortunately. Needless to say, I'm never going to buy another. If there were 0 on here, it would get a total score of 0.

02-04-2003 13:15:51 | More by JISurfer

Arkansas

03-02-2014 20:18:25 | More by joseph_french
SetarconeX

1.15/5  rDev -56.1%

I'll confess, I picked up a pint of this on a whim. Not often you get a pint this cheap. It cost me just buck and some pocket change. Pours fairly well, and has a rather nice color to it. Doesn't really smell like much. This last bit's the most surprising, because it tastes like a puddle of frat-party vomit. High alcohol, low on every other feature that really makes beer enjoyable. As I drank it, I felt myself developing an urge to watch football excessively and crush the can on my head. I'd recommend buying a can, just to remind yourself why you shell out the extra cash for a beer that doesn't taste like it was fished from a drainage ditch.

08-05-2003 04:22:42 | More by SetarconeX
Northtexan

1.25/5  rDev -52.3%

06-25-2014 21:49:28 | More by Northtexan
ThePeskyDingo

1.48/5  rDev -43.5%

Poured pretty aggressively yielding 2 fingers of white head that dissipated at a medium rate. The beer is a clear straw color with good carbonation.

Smells skunky with a bit of malt and grain.

tastes skunky and grainy. Really bad.

Clean and crisp mouthfeel.

Drinking this almost makes me wanna puke. Very hard to drink.

Wish we got a clear picture of the can before it was crushed. lol...

05-02-2009 02:41:50 | More by ThePeskyDingo

07-07-2014 06:45:00 | More by antichuckmoore
rye726

Colorado

1.53/5  rDev -41.6%

Like most malt liquors, Schlitz is something I hope to never drink again. The yellow color and poor head make me think it should be enjoyed from the can. Wait, did I just say enjoy? There was nothing enjoyable about the taste or smell. Both were of corny grains and cheap alcohol. The body was light and a little syrupy. At just under six percent, this isn't even good for getting drunk.

05-19-2008 18:40:26 | More by rye726
Dmann

1.58/5  rDev -39.7%

Well I've had worse malt liquors but not much worse. It poured a piss yellow color with a suprisingy decent head that stayed around and left a touch of lace. The smell was horrible with nothing but skunk and grain. The taste was just as bad, with a really nasty sweetness that made me pucker with disgust after every sip. This is one I will never be drinking again, give me a Mickey's any day!

03-06-2004 10:12:28 | More by Dmann
CAMRAhardliner

Ontario (Canada)

1.68/5  rDev -35.9%

Pours a clear pale gold with a minimal frothy head and not a lot of lace. The aroma is sweet with some malt bread and vegetal elements noticeable. The taste is quite full flavored for a macro lager, but not pleasant. Heavy sweetness mixes with cooked corn and other vegetal flavors upfront. In the background there's a dull hop bitterness and some alcohol spice. The mouthfeel is medium bodied and heavily carbonated and even booze numbing.

This is a poor example of a malt liquor, its too sweet and vegetal.

08-17-2008 00:57:32 | More by CAMRAhardliner
woodychandler

1.73/5  rDev -34%

The Bull in a CAN! Wow. It is now identified as Schlitz Malt Liquor O. M. L. (Original Malt Liquor). CAN you dig it? The bull still reminds me of Babe, Paul Bunyan's companion. Big, blue, rampaging ...

I got a finger of rocky, bone-white head that gradually settled into wisps. Color was a pretty sunshine-yellow with NE-quality clarity. Nose was really sweet, almost unnaturally so. Definitely fusel, like walking into a dry cleaner's. Oof. It had a medium mouthfeel, which was nice, but the taste was a combination of perfume, bubble gum and cereal. And to think that I was once intimidated by this stuff ... Now, it just seemed cheap and not well made at all. The finish was dry, but it left a lingering taste of cereal in my mouth. My CAN held 24 ounces and that was PLENTY, believe me. I CANnot get my mind around a 40 of this dreck.

08-19-2009 17:28:12 | More by woodychandler
clayrock81

1.73/5  rDev -34%

Could be the worst brew my young beer intellect has had yet. Worse, I don't find Schlitz to be as bad as it is made out to be. But this, was bad. Even the bottle is ghetto. It is just a silver label with the "Blue Bull" and it says Schlitz Malt Liquor. Can you make something generic if it is already generic. The brew itself is a cheap, alcoholic speedball. It has no redeeming qualities as the taste is very weak and bitter, but the mouthfeel is one of smoothness because it goes right down the pike. This is designed for someone to slam a couple on the cheap and get their buzz.

01-15-2008 19:21:12 | More by clayrock81

1.75/5  rDev -33.2%

08-17-2013 19:52:17 | More by MinorThreat
bewareOFpenguin

1.78/5  rDev -32.1%

Definite "I am drinking this because of the Alcohol" beer. It does have the malt tast minus the taste of hops. This is because the overwhelming tastes of nail polish remover kills your tastebuds. Prepare your self for one big head ache the next day.

11-25-2002 11:02:10 | More by bewareOFpenguin
Overlord

1.78/5  rDev -32.1%

Awesome can!

Pours a clear fizzy yellow. Big white head. Smells like corn malt, tastes like skunky corn malt, and there really isn't much going on here. It's a sweeter beer than most, so maybe they actually used some sort of malt base.

Still, it's mostly carbonated water.

05-03-2008 08:47:23 | More by Overlord
CBFanWish

1.88/5  rDev -28.2%

Of all that is unholy, what do we need malt liquer in the world? This is what we call liquid crack. Not because of the wonderful taste, but because it made you stupid. It pours a thin yellow colour with little head that is gone in the blink of an eye. The smell was of corn and malts, but it did make my stomach turn. The taste was thin and almost non-exsistant. I still can't believe I used a clean pilsner glass for this. Should have kicked it on the block in a brown paper bag.
Word

04-23-2004 03:27:13 | More by CBFanWish
Schlitz O.M.L. (Malt Liquor) from JOS. Schlitz Brewing Co. (Pabst)