Schlitz O.M.L. (Malt Liquor) - JOS. Schlitz Brewing Co. (Pabst)

Schlitz O.M.L. (Malt Liquor)Schlitz O.M.L. (Malt Liquor)

poor

JOS. Schlitz Brewing Co. (Pabst) visit their website
Illinois, United States

American Malt Liquor |  5.90% ABV

(Beer added by: Todd on 03-27-2002)
3.94/5  rDev +51.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.25

I Honestly do not understand why this VERY good "Malt Liquor" gets so many Bad reviews..? I Myself have always enjoyed it a GR8 Deal ~it is crisp,refreshing,and has a very rich full flavor,maybe it's all the craft beer "Snobs" ...or perhaps the "Light Beer" drinkers who are just not used to a somewhat Full flavored semi strong beer that actually has some taste and body~it pours a nice straw,Golden colour,with plenty of carbonation & a pillowy white head,that even leaves a nice lacing around your beer glass of choice...I Know a lot of people slam ALL Malt Liquors,but it's just "Strong Beer" people,Even though @ 5.9 ABV "Schlitz O.M.L" really does not pack that much of a Punch,I just drink it because it taste awesome to me,and judging from a LOT of the reviews here I am NOT Alone in my love of this tasty beverage~it's just too bad that so many people do not give "Malt Liquors" in General a chance,and think all of it is just Cheap Crap that taste like shit,the Real Truth is that a lot of Malt Liquors are VERY Good Beers,if you happen to enjoy a full bodied,rich,American Strong Beer that actually taste like a REAL Beer~Cheers;)

2.25/5  rDev -13.5%

2.25/5  rDev -13.5%

3.25/5  rDev +25%

2.75/5  rDev +5.8%

3.5/5  rDev +34.6%

4.46/5  rDev +71.5%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I became introduced to Schlitz Malt Liquor 35 years ago as a teen. It was the drink of my older brother. After trying different beers over the years, I found myself returning and sticking to the Bull. The taste is smooth and original. I find it like an energy drink. I drink it during my softball tournaments and stay energized. It doesn't leave the aftertaste as other high priced beers does. It is not considered as a quick drunk beer to me and my sports friends. It is the beer of choice, and trust me we can afford any beer out there, but we prefer our Bull.

4.23/5  rDev +62.7%

Appearance is yellow color

Smell : Schlitz Malt Liquor smells like a malt liquor

Taste: This beer has character to it ! It is not off putting to taste to it or no taste. The taste has a light grainy sweetness to it actually balanced off with -grassy hop bitterness . It is not overly sweet like some malt liquors.

mouthfeel : Nice body with great carbonation

Schlitz malt liquor is one top malt liquors out there for taste and value on market. This beer beats out 99 percent lagers out there. It is well made beer with great value. Majority of people have a perception malt liquor is cheap and ghetto drank! This is far from the truth of Schlitz malt liquor which is high quality with awesome price to it. Some people will never get over their small minded out look on life and beer !

The taste has a light grainy sweetness to it actually balanced with a wisp of piney-grassy hop bitterness and flavour. This is a little less grain-tasting, sweet, and full-bodied than some, like

2.5/5  rDev -3.8%

3.25/5  rDev +25%

4.43/5  rDev +70.4%

this review is for all you beer snobs who actually poured this swill into a fucking glass!

AppeArance: blue silver.and black can with a badass bull, loks cool!
Smell: I don't know cause I didn't fucking smell.it
Taste: it taste pretty damn good for.a cheap ass malt licka!
Mouthfeel: it feels like a fucking beer in my mouth.
Overall: its a cheap buzz! The best commercial malt.liquor available. Its cheap! It doesn't taste like shit(miller lite) its nearly 6%, when you cant afford a damn stout or ipa or tripel wtf ever man drink some fuckin malt licka for.a cheap buzz ! Hoggie I love you!!!$

4.5/5  rDev +73.1%

1.75/5  rDev -32.7%

2.75/5  rDev +5.8%

1.5/5  rDev -42.3%

3.83/5  rDev +47.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 3.75

Appearance: Light yellow/straw color, with a frothy, white head. The beer leaves some nice lacing.

Aroma: smells a lot like P.B.R., but less grassy, with a corn adjunct sweetness donating the aroma. There is, however, a general graininess and grass aspect regarding the aroma.

Taste: Sweeness, corn, grain, a grassy bitterness, fruit, and white bread--in that order.

Finish: dry, crisp, refreshing.

Mouthfeel: A nice balance for the style: light and watery, but not too light and watery.

Overall: I got the last 12 pack in my local Ingles, and it isn't restocking. And sadly, I've never seen it anywhere else in person. This is a great go-to/daily beer, but I have a feeling I may not see it again for a long time. There is nothing offensive about this beer. Nor is it the case that the beer is lacking in aroma, Flavor, or body.

4.75/5  rDev +82.7%

Schlitz O.M.L. (Malt Liquor) from JOS. Schlitz Brewing Co. (Pabst)