Instant Pentecostal Apostle - Sixpoint Brewery

Sixpoint Brewery visit their website
New York, United States

Beer added by: beerdrinker4life on 09-20-2011

3.44/5  rDev -6.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Deep gold color, aroma is apricot-y (and so is the flavor). So balanced that it makes me think of a hoppy amber. Drinkable, but ultimately forgettable.

3.75/5  rDev +1.6%

I'm a little confused, I was told this is a rare keg, with no more in VT but I guess there's no more anywhere? Weird. Anyway, the beer is really pretty good with great fruit notes that come out as it warms/opens up. I'd drink it again and will consider more draft SIxpoint if i see it.

3.7/5  rDev +0.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

I guess this has been brought back because I had it at Brooklyn Union Pool..

The beer comes in an amber color.

The aroma has sweet grapefruit and grassy notes.

The flavor follows with sweetness and then a bitter grapefruit, floral, and then a caramel and bready sweetness.

A decent old American hopped IPA.

2.9/5  rDev -21.4%

Tried this one at the Pony Bar in NYC - it was on tap as part of an entire Sixpoint takeover (20 taps in total).

While both the appearance and the nose said "IPA", the taste was simply not there for me.

Too much focus on the hops, but lacked the malt backbone to be balanced well enough for my tastes.

That said, the hops provided a nice range of flavors: grapefruit, pineapple and pine.

Maybe I'm just too used to what my 'local' west coast IPAs are all about...

Sampled on tap at Wantagh Beverage, served in a plastic cup.

L - copper color with a nice sized white head.

S - tropical fruit aroma.

T - well balanced beer with sweeter hops and malt upfront finishing dry and bitter.

F - medium bodied with a smooth feel making it go down easy.

O - a pretty darn good beer.

4.62/5  rDev +25.2%

Was in Brooklyn for the evening and heard about a new beer release and found myself down at Union Pool with some friends. I was handed an "I.P.A." which stood for Instant Pentecostal Apostle and brewed in honor of a Reverend. Very interesting!

Wow this one was real thick and juicy. But in a good way. It tasted full of flavor and lots of great sweet malt and stick hops. Lots of resin and pine and even a little booze in there.

I had peach, apricot, and passionfruit in the nose.

Lots of sweet malt and cherry and plum in the taste, with a bitter orange peel finish.

Thick mouthfeel, but super drinkable as well.

The Reverend must be proud!

Instant Pentecostal Apostle from Sixpoint Brewery
- out of 100 based on 6 ratings.