Blind Faith - Cornerstone Brewing Company

No picture uploaded.

Cornerstone Brewing Company visit their website
Ohio, United States

Belgian Pale Ale |  6.50% ABV

(Beer added by: quasimoto on 04-27-2007)

KFrank729, Jun 18, 2012
4.33/5  rDev +9.1%

On tap at Blues and Brews. This is not retired from what I know, probably just not brewed year-round. I really dug this as did others in my group of happy drinkers. It seemed to stand apart from other Belgian IPA's in that it had more banana and spices to balance the hops. And I think they raised the ABV, my notes say 8%.

Looks really nice in the glass. There's a white head on top of a copper body, some active carbonation. It almost looks like it's filtered, but I don't think it is.

Smell is really nice. The spices from the yeast and additions shine through. There's lavender and ginger added to this beer, as well as esters. Hops shine through as well, orange is predominant citrus flavor. Some clove and banana as well. Nice amount of things going on here.

The taste follows in the path of complexity, yet remains balanced and enjoyable. Alcohol is well hidden. Banana, clove from the yeast, but a touch too chalky. Ginger and lavender make this sweet and perfumey. Citrus hops.

Mouthfeel is a touch on the thin side, but it works since the flavors are so deep and the alcohol well hidden. Hands down the best Cornerstone beer I've had. To the brewmaster - stop tweaking, you nailed it. I have blind faith that anyone who likes BPA's will love this. Now I'm wasted and I can't find my way home...

jampics2, Aug 20, 2010
3.58/5  rDev -9.8%

Its a light hazy golden hue with a tinge of orange. A white head tops it off which dissipates to some light lacing. The aromas start off with the typical Belgian yeast strain spice and then blend into a light malt/honey aroma. There isn't any coriander, or orange peel to find in here. There is barely any hops to speak of. From there the taste turns from those to a light malt flavor mixed in with some fruity esters that I cant pick up on. Fruity but mottled. The mouth feel is medium-light, and finishes like it want to be dry, but cant quite get there. It is a very drinkable beer. But it needs something extra to put it over the edge.

quasimoto, Apr 27, 2007
Blind Faith from Cornerstone Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.