La Tour-Menthe - La Tour A Bières

Herbed / Spiced Beer |  7.00% ABV

Beer added by: rodenbach99 on 02-16-2009

Reviews by ReFill31:
2.66/5  rDev +18.2%

Bought in a 500ml bottle. Poured in a pint glass.

Apprarance : Light brown with a small white head.

Smell : We can smell some mint first and this is probably the only thing we can experience.

Taste : We can first taste the mint, which is the first thing you can recognize. It then taste a little bit sweet, probably from the blueberries used in the beer. Kind of tasting like After Eight chocolates. We do not taste the alcohol very much.

Drinkability : Not so bad for the type. I have never seen a mint beer before so I do not have a comparison. I would not drink 2 bottles in the same night though.

Not the best here afterall. I pretty assured I will not drink this one again. Although I would try it in their pub, on tap. Just to see the differences.

3.37/5  rDev +49.8%

A- Very dark ruby. The dirty-white head died promptly leaving a thin layer. Pour the bottom yeast and it becomes a pretty disgusting poo-grey/brown.

S- Like the best cream soda I've ever smelled. watermelon. the sourness of a blueberry. I'm smelling something I can't describe and I'm looking really hard. I think it's bubblegum, but not the same kind of bubblegum you'd get from the hops in an I.P.A. Licorice (both red and black) Some alcohol. Very fun. Quite different.

T- Bitter malt. Water. Mint after-taste. Kind of like the feeling you get after spitting out some old gum.

M- Thin and dry. Carbonation feels a little cheap/artificial. Ordinary.

D- Very fun to drink. It's different without being to weird to drink to much. I didn't really like but I'd drink more. I'd session this and buy it on tap. Still... maybe a bit watery for me.

I was expecting more mint. If it wasn't on the label and you gave it to someone, I don't think they'd notice the mint in it.

1.59/5  rDev -29.3%
look: 3 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Bottle: Poured a hazy deep amber color ale with a medium size foamy head with light retention and some light lacing. Aroma consists of unrefined grain malt bill with light mint notes and even more subtle note of blueberry. Taste is also a weird mix of unrefined grain notes with weird fake mint notes that don't' mesh very well. Body is quite full with good carbonation. Not very interesting and malt bill is not very good.

2.5/5  rDev +11.1%

1.13/5  rDev -49.8%

660ml brown bottle, sold 5,49$

A: orange with a white head
S: bizzare smell of ???
T: it tastes like mint-chocolate candy
M: medium-bodied
D: undrinkable

it's suppose to be a mint and blueberry beer, but it tastes more like chocolate and spuce beer. missed de mark

La Tour-Menthe from La Tour A Bières
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.