Trader Joe's Bavarian Style Hefeweizen - Trader Joe's Brewing Company

good

good

Trader Joe's Brewing Company

Hefeweizen |  5.30% ABV

(Beer added by: Boilermaker88 on 01-17-2005)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Trader Joe's Bavarian Style Hefeweizen Alström Bros

wolf_switzer, Jun 12, 2014

KevMo84, Jun 09, 2014
3.33/5  rDev -6.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

I really have nothing to say that has not been said about this. Pours nice and cloudy, good carbonation, as you would expect. Smell was weak at be s t, nothing much stood out. The flavor for me was big on banana and clove, maybe a little artificial in their taste. All in all, at its price point is good a good buy, but in general, OK.

xzqrut, Jun 03, 2014

mattyrubes, May 04, 2014

RavyneChyylde, Apr 27, 2014

LXIXME, Apr 24, 2014
3.49/5  rDev -1.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

This Hefeweizen was a little darker than other Hefeweizen's that I have had before. It had a strong orange appearance and contained a lot of sediment. Overall its flavor was not as sweet as I have experienced with past Hefeweizens. Strong wheat and citrus aroma with a slight banana aftertaste.

ZachMcGinn, Apr 23, 2014

gshak, Apr 22, 2014

Beerlover, Apr 02, 2014
3.76/5  rDev +5.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

I like this beer. It's not the very best hefe I've had, but not everyone can win the superbowl every year either.

Aroma and taste are really nice, banana heavy, cloves and wheat, yeast and spices.

It's pretty thick like a hefe should be, but also remains highly drinkable and enjoyable.

This is number two of my sampling of Trader Joe's beers. A trip there yielded me 15 new beers to try! (first time I'd been there in this city). The hardest decision is which one to try next!

AlCaponeJunior, Mar 12, 2014
3.15/5  rDev -11.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

I got this beer in a mystery pack from Trader Joe's (you have to buy one if you never have). This was the first beer I pulled out.

A-Since I am drinking this out of the bottle I reviewed the design. Decent artwork on the beer but I am not overly in love with it.

S-The smell is inviting and pretty strong for a wheat beer.

T-The taste is delicious and reminds me a summer day.

M-A little weak, but we are talking about wheat beer.

O-This beer was just okay with me but did not quite hit the mark I was hoping for.

kcrosson492, Feb 28, 2014

Mauzki, Feb 23, 2014

MusicBeer_1961, Feb 23, 2014

DOCRW, Feb 23, 2014
3.33/5  rDev -6.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Appearance: Pours golden-orange, a touch dull if I had to say. Head dissipates to .5 cm quickly and sits at that level.
Smell: Pleasant, typical Hefeweizen smell. Slight clove, leans banana, but not overwhelming. Probably a middle temperature fermentation.
Taste: Like some others mentioned, there is a slight taste of something metallic or coppery. Also, I'd say it is a tad bitter compared to better examples of the style. Otherwise, this has decent taste, which is true-to-style.
Mouth-feel: Good. It is a pretty much as you'd expect from the style. Lingering due to heavier mouthfeel than a lager for instance.
Overall: For the price, it is not bad. If you're looking for the best example of a Hefeweizen, you'd do yourself a disservice by choosing this one. If you're looking for something that is decent and priced well, this one is fine. It's kind if like wanting pizza from your favorite pizza place and settling for Papa John's. It's fine, but makes me wish I were having a better one.

Henrich, Jan 31, 2014

Ugh. I was given a big pack of Trader Joes beer, and this one was a universal downer among my friends and I. There is a weird metallic taste here, in every bottle, that makes you feel like the beer is skunked and/or contaminated. But I have tried it multiple times over a year or so, and it has remained metallic and...odd tasting. I would steer clear of this one.

biokid23, Jan 28, 2014