Microbrew Invitational

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by korguy123 on 05-27-2012

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
3.72/5  rDev n/a

The Flying Monkeys take on a traditional shandy.

On tap at the Barrie Waterfront Festival. First time ever the beer tent hasn't been run by Molsons.

Draft pour into Flying Monkeys plastic sample cup.

A- Clear amber pour with a touch of yellow, head is not there (not surprising though) there seems to be a touch of lemon pulp in the bottom. At least I know it isn't some syrup they used.

S- Honestly it is exactly what it should be, beer and lemonade. The lemonade is upfront so it really is hard to pick out anything from the beer. The base beer is fairly typical, it is probably their Antigravity Light.

T- Again, full on shandy. The lemonade isn't overly tart, the beer isn't overly powerful. Super refreshing. most thirst quenching beer I've ever had.

M- Light bodied, refreshing and the lemons tingle your cheeks a little.

O- I've never been big on making shandies. My mother in law is Irish and she drinks them all the time, usually with Carlsberg and not enough lemonade. This really works, it's beer, it's lemonade and it's super refreshing. Would I drink it everyday? No. But would I buy a six pack and consume directly after cutting the grass? Hell yeah I would!

Flying Monkeys Heliosphere from Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.