Hideout Helles - Pug Ryan's Brewery

Hideout HellesHideout Helles

Pug Ryan's Brewery visit their website
Colorado, United States

Munich Helles Lager |  6.90% ABV

(Beer added by: woodychandler on 09-15-2013)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters
Reviews by tone77:
tone77

3.48/5  rDev -2.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Thanks to the one and only woodychandler for this beer. Poured from a 12 oz. can. Has a caramel color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell is kind of mild, some malts. Taste is crisp, refreshing, malts, a bit of grains, slight bit of sweetness. Feels medium bodied in the mouth and overall is a pretty good beer.

09-15-2013 20:32:10 | More by tone77

3.5/5  rDev -2.2%

04-01-2014 01:28:19 | More by famous_mortimur
ArrogantB

3.25/5  rDev -9.2%

12oz can purchased at the brewery in Dillon. Orange color, good head. Aroma was lager yeast, malts, not bad. Flavor was malty, yeasty, and had this quality I can't put my finger on but I get it from Helles beers. I wish I could be more descriptive but it is what it is. Overall, I'd buy a sixer of this again no problem.

02-09-2014 19:51:44 | More by ArrogantB
beergoot

3.55/5  rDev -0.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Dark, warm gold color with a rather thin white head. Malty aroma with a bit of overall funk. Very nice biscuit like malt flavor; a little graham cracker spiciness; subtle hop bitterness underneath. Medium-light body; crisp, clean, dry finish.

A nicely done lager, with a crisp, toasty malt character. There is a gentle warmth overall with just the righ touch of hop spiciness. Nothing earth-shattering, but well worth repeated visits.

12-21-2013 22:26:39 | More by beergoot
denver10

Kentucky

3.45/5  rDev -3.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

Pours a translucent gold with bubbles rising to surface and big white head, that leaves behind some nice lacing on the sides. Aroma was just what I was hoping for; nice doughy bread dominates, honey, a touch of earthiness from the lager and just the faintest use of grassy hops to cut into it all. Flavor follows suit. Definitely got some sweetness going with this thing, which makes me enjoy it colder moreso than warmer. A creamy, silky, active mouthfeel. Overall, this delivered exactly what I was hoping for. Glad I picked up a sixer of it. Gonna have to check out some of their other offerings now.

11-28-2013 02:29:00 | More by denver10
LXIXME

New Mexico

3.54/5  rDev -1.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Medium sized off white head slowly settles down above a clear bright golden copper colored beer.

Very light almost sweet aroma of washout grain malts.

Lightly roasted caramel malts give this a light almost sweet taste.

A light almost dryish aftertaste without much taste to it with this medium bodied lager.

I wish the taste of this beer was more pronounced if even just a little bit, because what I was getting a taste of was pretty good, just not enough there to really go back for more.

10-02-2013 21:43:24 | More by LXIXME
woodychandler

4.14/5  rDev +15.6%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

I picked up a few of these during my recent visit to the heartbreaker known as The Old Lady in CANorado. This is my second in Woody's New CANned Beer Sunday (Week 0001).

From the CAN: "Brewed for the outlaw in you."; "Dead Legend. Live Beer. Keep Cold."; "This is one beer you won't mind doing some serious time with. Light amber-colored bock crafted with Weyermann malts and yeast from the Andechs monastery in Germany for a sweet, malty character with a subtle roasted accent. Medium body and low hop bitterness make for an altogether arresting experience."; "Chuck Wagon [-] Partners well with our Rocky Mountain Trout Almondine and Baked Stuffed Shrimp." WHAT?!? I really want to try the baked, stuffed shrimp!

The Crack left me poised to segue into an inverted Glug and so I proceeded. I got a dense finger of tawny head which slowly fell, leaving great sticky lacing in its wake. Color was a deep amber with NE-quality clarity. Nose had a definite biscuit malt presence underlain with grassy hops. Mouthfeel was full, especially for a lager and the taste was like liquid bread - yeasty, malty, tasty as all get-out. Talk about easy-drinking: I slurped down over half of the glass before I knew what I was doing. Their brewer, Dave, was working on the recipe for months prior to its release and I would say that his time was well spent. Finish was semi-sweet, approaching semi-dry and I was really digging the scene. I would absolutely put some in the cooler when headed to the beach (or the mountains in their target audience's case).

09-15-2013 18:43:05 | More by woodychandler
Hideout Helles from Pug Ryan's Brewery
- out of 100 based on 8 ratings.