Trumer Pils - Trumer Brauerei Berkeley

Trumer PilsTrumer Pils

Trumer Brauerei Berkeley visit their website

German Pilsener |  4.80% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 09-11-2003

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 516 | Reviews: 245
1.12/5  rDev -70.5%

The worst pilsner in the world.

1.32/5  rDev -65.3%

Clear golden colored beer, very light in color with a fairly well lasting white head. Nose doesn't have a lot of character...a little bit of light malts, maybe some hop. Flavor doesn't have much character at all and is awfully hard to drink. Ummm, this is so far from being a decent German Pils. Not even close.

2.08/5  rDev -45.3%

Pours crystal clear gold with a large head.
Nose shows loads of grassy hops and a bit of bready malt. Not much going on.
Flavours include a hint of lemon alongside the bready and grainy malt. Hardly any bitterness in the short-lived finish.
Very watery body.

2.25/5  rDev -40.8%

2.26/5  rDev -40.5%

we got a picture of this the other week i don't think it was worth 14 bucks. i am not saying it was bad i thought it had an different after taste to it. it was the first time i have had it i did not like it not saying its a bad beer i's just not for me.

2.7/5  rDev -28.9%

It smells like old, treated wood. Not something I'd want to put in my mouth

Appearance is dull and not quite clear. The fizz lasts the perfect amount.

The taste is average. It tastes very... beer. Plato might give it a 10 in beerness.

The mouthfeel is smooth and doesn't have any slime.

The taste was pretty average though, so I'm not complaining. I wouldn't buy a six pack, though.

2.7/5  rDev -28.9%

This beer really struck me as past-its-prime Pilsner Urquell. It had a Saz-hops character that I associate with Pilsner Urquell and Czechvar, but had a stale cardboard-iness that was far from impressive.

I had this beer on tap at The 'Knick restaurant by the lake in Milwaukee. It came in branded glassware, which reminded me of a straight-walled vase and seemed poorly suited for its purpose. But it didn't look like other beer glasses, so I guess from that perspective it was doing its job.

Color was yellow, not quite gold, and not brilliantly sparkling the way the beers mentioned above appear. It had a pleasant paile white head. Aroms was a Saz-ish "European lager" smell. Flavor was like I described about; cardboard-y past-its-prime Pilsner Urquell. This beer wasn't skunky, but it was stale.

Mouthfeel was not impressive.

All-in-all this beer was OK, but not especially commendable.

2.71/5  rDev -28.7%

(Served in a Imperial Strange)

A- This beer has a crystal clear pale yellow body with a huge carbonation of big bubbles racing to the surface. The head is a thick rocky pure white meringue that last and last.

S- This beer has a light sulfury dry noble hop smell that is pretty clean.

T- The taste has a dry faint noble hop bitterness that doesn't have much depth. As it warms a hint of pale malt with a slight cooked corn hint followed by a club soda finish.

M- This beer has a very light mouthfeel with a crisp bite in the finish.

D- This beer is pretty flavorless even when it is not ice cold. It wasn't very interesting with the only many flavor being the light punch of bitter noble hops.

2.8/5  rDev -26.3%

I picked this pilsner up when I stopped into a local liquor store yesterday. The guy who showed it to me said they were only making singles at the moment as far as he knew, but I figured a buck and a half to try a new beer wasn’t a big loss. At first, I was a bit reluctant – I’ve never cared for anything that came in green bottles, nor have I particularly liked any pilsners I’ve tried before, but, hey, you never find that really good beer if you don’t try a few new ones, right?

While I didn’t find this beer horrible, I did find my initial suspicions to be pretty much correct. The color didn’t bother me too much, though I find I enjoy the taste of darker beers much more, and the smell wasn’t near as bad as some of the ‘green bottled beers’ I’ve had in the past. The taste just hit me wrong, though. It just seemed to taste wrong to me, lacking any kind of real flavor that makes a beer enjoyable (you’ll have to forgive me if I’m a little bad at taste descriptions as of yet… usually worry more about drinking the beer than describing the taste to others).

As far as the feel of the beer, it was nice and smooth in my mouth. It had a good feel, though I do find I like a bit ‘thicker’ beer myself. I probably wouldn’t choose to drink this one again myself, but I wouldn’t turn it down if someone bought a round of them, and I would probably suggest it to anyone who does enjoy the taste of the pilsner beers. All in all, probably my favorite pilsner so far, even if that’s not saying a great deal, and I’d be interested to hear any suggestions on good pilsners that people have had.

2.81/5  rDev -26.1%

12 oz green bottle, bottled in berkley, no freshness date or bottled on code.

Clear golden, eggshell white head, nice lacing.

aroma is grassy, grainy, mildly skunky
flavor is slightly grassy, slightly malty.
Crisp clean finish.

average. Decent beer, but at close to $8 a six pack, I'd reach for something else instead.

2.83/5  rDev -25.5%

This is a decent beer that is very easy to drink. Easy to drink most of the time means lacking of taste. Yes, i think this beer is a little too watery in a way, but it is totally drinkable.

A. The color is too pale. The head disappear in seconds.

S. Normal beer smell, nothing very special to it.

T. I can taste a little sweetness in it, no much bitterness. It is definitely easy to drink.

M. Mouthfeel is actually good. It is a above good standard. I can notice honey and some kind of sweetness inside the beer.

O. Not a bad beer, nor a good beer. I think this is an average beer. Maybe just a little above average. But it is surely very drinkable.

2.86/5  rDev -24.7%

Appearance: poured it into the specialty designed glass by Trumer that provides constant carbonation. Light orange/gold, head held on for awhile. The glass, shaped like a beaker with a tilted bottom, did its job.

Smell: grassy, hay, sweet pale malt.

Taste: grassy, hay, skunky, unfortunately sweet. Not very complicated, even for a pils.

Mouthfeel: thin, slick. Carbonation was decent.

Drinkability: I would pass up this unless faced with the alternative of an adjunct lager or light beer. It wasn't very impressive. Not special. The glass was cool. Thanks, Beer Rep.

2.93/5  rDev -22.9%

This is the sprite of Pilsners.
THe pour is indicative of a pils with a good light gold color and a quick form and receding head.

The smell is crisp hops, a little bitter root, and thats about it.

The taste is smooth and slightly hopped, but thatskind of where it ends, it is rather unimpressive. I dont ge tmuch from this.

The mouthfeel is exactly like sprite. Quite, bubbly, slightly smooth, but in the end, just light enough to be kind of refreshing.

2.96/5  rDev -22.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

Drank out of a Pilsner glass

Pours a large amount of thin white head that dissipates in about 1 and a half minutes

Light yellowish gold color

My initial reaction was that this beer does not have much taste it feels a little sticky on your tongue and the subtle taste stays there for a while, it is a little bitter in a good way

Easily drinkable but not a beer that stands out from the crowd, overall I would buy this beer again, it is a great beer to have around the house for everyday drinking, the average beer drinker like myself would consider this a beer that tastes good but it does not blow your mind

2.98/5  rDev -21.6%

Light yellow, but slightly hazy with a bit of bright white head. Smell is of some yeast, and a light metallic smell probably from the head. Carbonation is right on, and very crisp. Taste is of malt, light yeasty, doughiness, and a touch of bitterness to finish. Finish is also a bit drying. Not bad, but not my favorite pilsner. I won't be upset that I can't get this in my state, but could stand to drink one again if I came across it.

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Trumer Pils from Trumer Brauerei Berkeley