Ginger - January IPA - Foothills Brewing Company

No picture uploaded.
good

Foothills Brewing Company visit their website
North Carolina, United States

(Beer added by: dbrauneis on 01-10-2014)
Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

oberon

3.95/5  rDev +4.5%

I really like this concepst of a different IPA every month from Foothills.Pours a dull lightly hazed apricot infused lighter golden whith a full one finger white lacey head atop.Aromas of ripe tropical fruits,some spiciness, along with a bit of butter/caramel,alot of fruitiness.I like the fruity hop complexity on the palate,overripe tropical fruits along iwth lighter bitterness in the finish,some booze and sugary sweetness holds up to the hops but is not in your face.I really like this beer and am looking forward to each month's rendition.

01-18-2014 22:51:13 | More by oberon

JCam9981

03-06-2014 18:04:43 | More by JCam9981
humuloner22

4.44/5  rDev +17.5%

Good start guys! I have had this one for a few weeks and I have just picked up February's release, looking forward to it. This is a very pleasant IPA, but almost not an IPA. Its really a nice beer whatever you want to call it. Very tropical, like Jade, but more smooth around the edges. I could drink a lot of these, if they were half the price I paid and the fact that they are all probably just about gone. Nevertheless, I am happy I got to try this one.

Appearance: Golden straw, with a lot of head and carbonation, as some others mentioned. This is not a bad thing to me. It almost looks like that most ubiquitous of American beers, but definitely is not.

Smell: Every time Foothills gets me. I love the smell of this one, its tropical fruits, almost even a chardonnay or a New Zealand Sauvignon blanc. Its interesting to say the least.

Taste: is nice, very well balanced, not too much hoppy resin but just enough to round out the fruit notes.

Mouthfeel: I can never really get this description that well, as long as its not syrup or some flat consistency I pretty much think mouthfeel is hard to describe, this one feels like a carbonated beer. Not creamy like a nitro, but typical of the style.

Overall, I like this one and I am looking forward to more releases.

02-23-2014 02:32:15 | More by humuloner22
thegodfather2701

3.66/5  rDev -3.2%

Pours a hazy yellow with an off white head that dissipates immediately. No lacing or cascading present. The nose consists primarily of citrus notes. The flavor is dominated by citrus notes with a malty finish and a hint of aspirin in the aftertaste. The flavor is underwhelming to say the least-I expected more. The mouthfeel is good, not too carbonated or overly syrupy. Overall, I had rather high expectations for this beer and was let down, especially for $6 per pint. Jade, which is one of my favorite IPAs period, is much better.

01-14-2014 02:21:42 | More by thegodfather2701