IPA Of The Month : May 2014 (Maya Bonita) - Foothills Brewing Company

IPA Of The Month : May 2014 (Maya Bonita)
No picture uploaded.

Foothills Brewing Company visit their website
North Carolina, United States

(Beer added by: dbrauneis on 05-05-2014)
4.75/5  rDev +19.3%

tdm168, May 25, 2014

baklo, May 23, 2014
4.25/5  rDev +6.8%

AngusOg, May 23, 2014

This is a good one. I don't know if its a lot better than the other ones or if it just hit me right when I drank it. But, it was a damn fine IPA.

Appearance: Hazy golden color, a fair amount of head that settled after a while in the glass.

Smell: Floral, fruity, very fruity, not as much of the hoppy resinous smell you find in a lot of IPA's but very nice.

Taste: Some bitterness, but not overly hoppy. I had a friend taste it who detests IPA's and he actually liked it, I don't know what that says about this IPA. I like IPA's a lot and I did like it, not as much as others, but it was smooth. Tropical fruits dominate, maybe some mango, citrus fruits, and faint pineapple. Its not a strong IPA by any respect. But none of these have been. As I said, I have tried them all but March, which could not be found anywhere I went. I guess you had to be there on release day.

Overall: An enjoyable beer, I have other IPA's I like better, but I am buying into the whole gimmick they are doing. The beers are not bad, they are very good, but there are also a lot better ones out there too.

humuloner22, May 19, 2014
4.21/5  rDev +5.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Appearance: Pours a cloudy goldenstraw capped by an inch of foam that leaves strands of lacing behind

Smell: Tropical fruit salad, with pineapple and passion fruit dominant

Taste: The cracker malt provides a nice backbone for the tropical fruits, with the pineapple sweetness and passion fruit tartness intermingling throughout; crisp finish with a bit of residual sugar

Mouthfeel: Medium body with moderate carbonation

Overall: This is the second beer I have had that was hopped with Azacca hops and I just love the flavors they bring to an IPA; clearly my favorite so far of the series

brentk56, May 16, 2014

JohnnyK, May 12, 2014

KevinGordon, May 12, 2014

dbrauneis, May 10, 2014

A: A hazy, cloudy, orange beer. It almost pours like a wheat beer, which really surprised me. About a finger's head that soon goes down. Nice lacing.

S: This is one of the better smelling beers out of this IPA of the Month series. Pineapple, mango, orange, and some pine. It's a really nice smelling beer.

T: This is a sweet tasting beer, but not overly sweet. You get those tropical fruits from the smell, with a bitter backbone.

M: Medium body, some nice carbonation.

O: This is probably my 2nd favorite of the series. It's sweeter than the others, and different with those tropical fruits. But it's very good and I'll probably pick up a 2nd (or 3rd) bottle.

aleckpa, May 10, 2014