IPA Of The Month : July 2014 (Yankee Doodle Dani) - Foothills Brewing Company

IPA Of The Month : July 2014 (Yankee Doodle Dani)
No picture uploaded.

Foothills Brewing Company visit their website
North Carolina, United States

We salute the warmest month in the Northern Hemisphere with a lighter, crisper IPA of the Month. We started July with four different malts, then spiced her up with additions of fresh ground coriander and fresh grated ginger. A lemony tang from Citra™ hops in the flavoring and aroma stages provides perfect balance and a refreshing finish to this sweet, dry summer beer.

(Beer added by: dbrauneis on 07-06-2014)
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
Reviews by baklo:

3.8/5  rDev -2.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Pours into an impy nonic a clear lighter golden with a thinner but well sustained white head atop.A good amount of citric hops in the nose along with faint onion notes,not much sweetness detected,really get some sweet onion in the nose wich isn't really a bad thing.Quite dry on the palate with citrusy hops and a little leafiness from the hops,Iam not getting much ginger in the flavor profile except for maybe in the late finish,alot of orange notes.Not bad it goes down easy and as I drink more I get a little more ginger in the after taste,a drinkable hot weather IPA.

2.75/5  rDev -29.7%

3.5/5  rDev -10.5%

4.5/5  rDev +15.1%

3.7/5  rDev -5.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Poured from a bomber into a shaker pint, the beer is a bright, slightly hazed, straw-gold coloring with a ton of carbonation and a fluffy, low profile, bright white head. Aromas of citrus forward, with a cracker backbone, and subtle spicing throughout. Pretty subdued nose. Flavors are spiced and citrus tart forward, with tangerine and grapefruit on the forefront, and a solid dose of coriander, evergreen, ginger, and pepper. Subtle backbone of toasted grains and cracker, with some moss and pine highlights throughout. The body is light, effervescent, and crisp, with a tangy citrus and spice aftertaste. The finish is light, slightly frothy and slightly bitter, and refreshing. Easy drinker for the hot summer days.

4.09/5  rDev +4.6%

As I have said, I like the idea of this but price is always an issue. Not that it has stopped me, but for symmetry sake I will be off by one month because I missed March, dammit! Anyway, I have enjoyed this beer series. However as this is my 100th review, I am going to take a different approach!

Does anyone find this beer series a bit sexist? Not that I am opposed to beautiful women selling my beer or being on my beer labels but is IPA an feminine style? Not really. But, I digress, this is an enjoyable beer. Maybe the best of the bunch thus far.

Appearance: Bronze golden, with some head retention that breaks into a lacing pattern.

Smell: Very nice hop aroma. This beer really reminds me of Stone Go To.

Taste: Very much the same, a very light IPA, but a nice balance. Very crisp! I truly have enjoyed this one as much as any that I have tried since the series has begun.

Overall: Not as potent as others, but very drinkable and I would buy more of these, unfortunately there are so many others in the same vein that save me money. Nevertheless, I will continue to support this "local" endeavor.

4.09/5  rDev +4.6%

Appearance: Arrives clear amber without much of a head at all; the foam quickly fades to a ringlet and fails to leave any lace

Smell: Cracker malt, tropical fruit, pith and a hint of coriander

Taste: Cracker malt, up front, with tropical fruit tones taking over, bringing pineapple and a bit of peach as well as the usual citrus; coriander is also in the mix with all the flavor lingering; the finish adds just a hint of ginger in the bite

Mouthfeel: Medium body with moderate carbonation

Overall: My second favorite in the series thus far and it gets style points for creativity

« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
IPA Of The Month : July 2014 (Yankee Doodle Dani) from Foothills Brewing Company