Noire - Les Trois Mousquetaires

Beer added by: papat444 on 08-05-2008

« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
Ratings: 46 | Reviews: 31
4.13/5  rDev +8.4%

I enjoyed this in a pint glass and allowed it to warm for approximately 10 minutes out of the fridge. An excellent example of the style. Minimal lacing and head. Distinctive chocolate and caramel notes. Wonderful as a dessert beer to pair with dark chocolate,dates, figs or spiced nuts.

Some have suggested it as a session beer but I'm not sure that I would want more than two bottles of it at a sitting. I whole-heartedly recommend you try it. Cheers

4.25/5  rDev +11.5%

A : Pours a nice opaque black beer topped with compact beige head. Retention and lacing is medium.

S: Hum, interesting. Definitely can smell that ther seems to be good hops work in te recipe but the predominant smell is really the torefaction one.

T: Good! Reminds of fresh ground coffee and roasted nuts also. A good bitter taste but not to overpowering.

M : Light really but I guess that's alright for the style aimed.

D: Excellent. Not a so special beer, but a good localy brewed beer with flavor. That's a keeper in the fridge for these moments.

4.25/5  rDev +11.5%

Tasted on May 26th, 2009.

Pours dark black color with a brown head... nice. The head disappear quickly with no lacing on the glass.

Aroma: Chocolate with some roasted malts.
Taste: Bitterness right in front with some chocolate taste at the end. Very nice taste.
Mouthfeel is thin but I find this beer to be rich.
Drinkability: Awesome... so easy to drink gotta watch yourself...

This beer I should get more often.

4.27/5  rDev +12.1%

341ml bottle poured into pint glass dec21 2009

A not quite black with two fingers of fast falling tan head that left lace where the foam existed

S dark roasted coffee grinds with some mild chocolate

T again coffee and chocolate are very apparent but I also pick up on some nuts, I was enjoying this one from start to finish

M a little thin but the heavy carbonation helps to give it a creamy feel, and at the end of the day it's a lager and I shouldn't expect it to be as thick as the color would imply

D very easy drinking, looks like a stout drinks like a light beer, not to heavy but still has lots of flavor.

ya I was liking this beer with out doubt, I like the black lagers and this is a good one with little doubt.

4.29/5  rDev +12.6%

A: Dark brown body with a tan-coloured thick foamy head. The bubbles are very visible at first.

S: Overroasted malts, with hints of chocolate, coffee, and, of course, hops.

T: Starts out with a roasted coffee bean flavour, going into moderate hoppiness, then finishing with a nice chocolate and coffee after-taste.

M: Nice, robust and roasted. The carbonation is moderate, despite the initial appearance.

D: Quite drinkable, although some people may find the roastiness a bit coarse. A proper dark lager, in my opinion!

4.3/5  rDev +12.9%

My fiance brought this back from Montreal. Even though I got a lot of beer out of her vacation, I'm already wishing I'd have asked for more than just a bottle of this one, what a pleasant surprise!

A: Dark brown with a light caramel brown head. Looks very nice and just right for the style.

S: An inviting roasty-toasty aroma with definate chocolate and coffee aromas.

T: Very intense for a 5%er. Smooth coffee and milk chocolate that is reminiscent of hot chocolate powder mixed into an iced latte.

M: Starts creamy, with a dry finish with a little bit of a farm fresh milk lactose tang. Lovely.

D: I could easily session this beer. I'm hoping that 3M sees fit to export this the same way they do some of their bombers, I could definitely see buying a 6-pack of this if I were to see it on the shelf.

« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »