Join our email list →

Beer added by: IronDjinn on 12-04-2009

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
4.23/5  rDev +13.7%

superbowl beer 07/02/10

Appearance: good looking ale. nice amber color,clear offwhite foam,laces on the glass, nice light throught,alive

Smell: hop,floral,herbal

Taste: super taste. nice american pale ale, the real thing, bitter,hop,floral very smooth with a full body.

mouthfeel: low carbonation,

drinkability: pretty good brew good thing they put it in a 750ml bottle

4.6/5  rDev +23.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

750ml corked and caged bottle poured into matching (well Porter Baltique) glass dec4 2009
a big thank you goes out to hoser for this one

A clear amber with a fair amount of bubbles that pop up from everywhere. thick beige head has good retention and leaves lace well down the glass

S lots of toffee with heavy amounts of malt and hops and perhaps a little grapefruit and tangerine

T not far from the nose and that's a good thing with out doubt. there's a little more citrus then on the nose and a touch of earth, I must admit I was loving this one from start to finish

D such a well rounded beer I can't help but give it a perfect grade here. for the size of this bottle I'm impressed by how quickly I finished it, and could see myself drinking this all day without issues (well I guess issues would depend on how early I woke up that day)

this is a bitter sweet beer drinking experience for me, sweet because the beer is sweet, bitter because I will not see it again for quite some time and that sucks. after looking over my reviews I've decided I'm moving to Quebec to drink beer.

4.38/5  rDev +17.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Thanks to hoser for sharing the love with this one.

From a caged and corked 750 ml brown bottle. Pours out a gorgeous clear amber hue, chunky fluffy off-white head with thick swathes of lacing.

Light toasted, caramel malt on the nose, with a good dose of leafy green and earthy hops.

I think the last time I experienced such a well-balanced ale, particularly of this style (or at least pale ales in general) is Fuller's London Pride. This somehow goes a step beyond. Mild caramel, toasted and crystal malt blended smoothly and skillfully with mild earthy, woody, slightly herbal hops. Sweetness of the malt pops up again in the aftertaste to meld once again with spicy, earthy hops, like ballroom dancing that goes on forever.

Mouthfeel also remains on par, smooth, on the full side for the style, good dose of carbonation on the finish, clean and dry.

Leave it to a Quebec brewery to set a precedent on this style. Perhaps a bit more akin to an English Pale Ale, they took those American hops and put them to excellent use. Thus far THE most enjoyable and balanced pale ale I've tried. This one most certainly gets a hell yeah!

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last