Grizzly Peak Junicade Red - Grizzly Peak Brewing Company

Grizzly Peak Junicade Red
No picture uploaded.

pDev: n/a
Grizzly Peak Brewing Company visit their website

American Amber / Red Ale |  ABV ?

Beer added by: DrDoitchbig on 01-19-2010

to view more.
Ratings: 2 | Reviews: 1
Reviews by DrDoitchbig:
3.84/5  rDev n/a

I wasn't completely sure on the style so I made an educated guess. I'm fairly confident it's not an Irish Red and with Red being in the name I went with American Red. If anyone knows otherwise please report an update on the style.

Appearance: Arrived just in time to see the carbonation cascading upwards to form about one and half fingers worth of frothy head with large bubbles. The beer itself was a nice shade of amber with some orange hues.

Smell: This wasn't a very aromatic beer. The aroma was made up of pleasant but faint fruity hops with some caramel malt in the background.

Taste: The taste follows the smell but pops a lot more. On the forefront are the same fruity hops. Grapefruit, lemon and even some tropical fruits come to mind. The caramel malt follows afterward. This might not be the prototypical balanced Red but I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Mouthfeel: Bordering on full bodied with such an exceptional creaminess. The carbonation was enough to let the flavors come out. If this is a result of it being on cask sign me up, because this is one of the best I've had mouthfeel wise.

Drinkability: Probably the best Red I've had thus far. Highly enjoyable and easy drinking. I finished the pint I had very quickly.

This is the first beer I've had on cask. I was a big fan of the mouthfeel and I also enjoyed the lower serving temperature. Some have noted beers on cask have a lower carbonation but I thought this one was perfect. It definitely inspires me to track down more beers on cask. Too bad the closest place I can get some is 45 minutes away.

to view more.
Grizzly Peak Junicade Red from Grizzly Peak Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.