Microbrew Invitational

Added by swthomas55 on 09-15-2011

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 3
Reviews by swthomas55:
4.13/5  rDev +2.5%

This beer is a one-time brew by a couple of home brewers on the Grizzly Peak system. Disclaimer: they are friends of mine.

It looked like the beer was just put on tap today. It was pulling foamy, and my mug was poured from a pitcher.

It's black and presented with a dense brown head that left nice lace on the glass.

The aroma is fruity-roasty with a ton of malt and a hint of alcohol.

It hits my mouth with a rush of roast and sweet malt, balanced with significant bitterness. There's just a touch of burnt edginess, but on the whole it's pretty smooth. It finishes with a coffee-ish bittersweet flavor, lingering on the back of my tongue.

Full-bodied, with not much carbonation, it is nonetheless satisfying. I'm sure the low carbonation is due to the double pour, and that the carbonation will improve once they get the extra pressure out of the keg. There's just a bit of warmth from the alcohol, but no hotness at all.

I'm definitely liking this beer, in fact I might have another tonight. My mug is already almost empty.

3.5/5  rDev -13.2%

3.75/5  rDev -6.9%

Grizzly Peak Baltic Porter from Grizzly Peak Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.