Bootie Lager - Bootie Brewing Company

poor

awful

Bootie Brewing Company visit their website
Florida, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: lackenhauser on 03-22-2005)
Reviews by Kookiekwan:
Kookiekwan

2.55/5  rDev +16.4%

This beer pours a clear golden/yellow has a 1/2 finger head with no retention and little lacing. The smell is of corn syrup and a redemption center (mmm!). The taste is almost non-existant. The beer is watery at best, so at least it's drinkable.

Reflection: This is my first and last Bootie Beer.

11-06-2007 21:45:30 | More by Kookiekwan
RoyalT

Appearance – This one poured a light yellowish-orange in color and gave up a good, solid head.

Smell – This is classic grainy Gummi-Bear aroma with the requisite putrid orange lingering finish.

Taste – This orangey grain is hell on wheels. It has a lingering, nasty finish that seems to go on forever.

Mouthfeel – The word “empty” comes to mind. Besides being light-bodied and watery it hardly has any carbonation.

Sinkability – This is one stanky bootie.

11-23-2005 01:42:25 | More by RoyalT
Jason

1.7/5  rDev -22.4%

Failure in a bottle ... I feel bad for any investors.

12 oz brown twist off bottle with no freshness date to be found. "America's Entertainment Beer" & "Grab ë Bootie" on the label ... great, nothing like dumbing down beer even more.

A- Clear yellow hue, decent lacing ... head has trouble sticking around.

S- Astringent husk and a touch of cooked veggie. Not a very clean aroma.

T- Mild grain husk with a quick flavorless hop bitterness sting that rolls up with the carbonation. Canned corn finish.

M- Crispness is a tad harsh, moderate body.

D- Really hard to drink ... I've had crappy malt liquors that are easier to drink.

Not Recommend ... avoid this beer. Its just another crappy macro-brewed contract lager that is taking up shelf space and taps.

10-25-2005 03:05:20 | More by Jason
connecticutpoet

Connecticut

2.38/5  rDev +8.7%

Well, had this right after the Bootie Light, so I guess I am moving up *LOL*

This one was a pale yellow, rather than a very pale yellow. Also had a half finger head that was quite fizzy and dissipated quickly.

Aroma was lightly skunky, with a hint of aromatic hops. That wasn't too bad. I have had some macros that were overpoweringly skunky.

Taste was mildly hoppy, with less grain taste than I expected. Not as bad as several.

Mouthfeel was thin and watery, but not as bad as the light. There was a trace of body to it.

Still give it bad marks for drinkability... there is nothing that makes this beer stand out at all.

11-05-2005 03:28:26 | More by connecticutpoet
jdhilt

New Hampshire

1.65/5  rDev -24.7%

Pours with a three-finger white head vanishes instantly leaving no lace. Crystal clear, light amber color. Light bodied and virtually no carbonation. Nose similar to old socks. Starts without much flavor, hints of hops, no difference in finish. Cheap, even a poor lawnmower beer. $1.10 for a 12oz. bottle from Julio's Liquors Westborough, Ma. Label has this stuff brewed in Lacross, Wi.

12-29-2005 23:33:05 | More by jdhilt
Frozensoul327

2.68/5  rDev +22.4%

Pours out to a medium gold color with a small head of white foam. Medium high carbonation. No lace. Aroma of adjunct, malt, and wet cardboard box. Not good, but not offensive. Taste is not quite up to par; light malt, rice and corn notes, bland hops, some sweet grain. Mouthfeel was bubbly and kind of permeating, left a sweet aftertaste in the mouth. Average brew at best. Special thanks to Dubbercody for the sample.

07-04-2006 23:15:43 | More by Frozensoul327
lackenhauser

Maryland

3.18/5  rDev +45.2%

Ok I know you couldnt believe it either when you saw it. I saw this displayed in Florida at Wal Mart for 2 sixes of bottles for 5 bucks. What the hell Im all over it!!! I got a few laughs out of it myself and so did the wife and daughter. I was a cheapo though and only bought 1 sixer. I found its a subsidiary brewery of Melanie Brewing. The odd thing is outside of the name there was no gimicky label or sign promoting it.

Good appearance. Bright gold in color and full of carbonation.
No real aroma to speak of-what was there was rather like damp cardboard or stale beer. Decent enough flavor-malty and crisp. Has the same kind of "snap" that I find in Bud. Only average mouthfeel-I mean this is a macro what do you expect.

I found this to be a very drinkable brew overall. I am a huge Bud fan (sorry I really am) and I find this to be a good,less expensive alternative. Id grab this before I got Ole Milwaukee or Schaefer in cans. I always have a few macros going in my fridge and nothing beats a Bud for this guy. This doesnt beat it but is a good low cost alternative.

03-22-2005 05:44:39 | More by lackenhauser
Hhawk06

2.88/5  rDev +31.5%

Purely a gimmic beer I'm assuming, but of course I'm a sucker for gimmics. It poured very clear, golden and bubbly with a white, frizzy and inconsistent head. The nose consists of maize, some floral aromas, is generally crisp, and would consider just barely better than your run-of-the-mill macro. As expected the body was very light. What ensued was a sweet, somewhat cotton candy feel with floral overtones driving the taste. It is smooth and refreshing, taking up the drinkability score up one notch. It finishes more malty than anything. It was a little better than anticipated, but that's not saying much!

01-14-2006 13:00:52 | More by Hhawk06
hunteraw

China

1.75/5  rDev -20.1%

Amusing label, pretty much the only reason to buy this beer. Drank it straight from the bottle, so I can't really say much about the appearance otherwise - giving it the benefit of the doubt w/ an average score. Not very carbonated.

Smell is pretty... weak... not a whole lot going on. some malt, but that's it.

Taste is pretty watery, with some malt and fruity characters present. No bitterness to speak of, they really cheaped out on the hops with this one. After one, the taste got kind of sickly sweet. It was difficult to finish. The mouthfeel is also very watery - some more carbonation would have helped. Flavored water - not at all recommended, except for the conversation value because of the label.

02-19-2006 07:17:50 | More by hunteraw
harpus

Alabama

2.25/5  rDev +2.7%

01-03-2013 19:40:02 | More by harpus
Stiffler

Oregon

1.68/5  rDev -23.3%

This is my first review here and I thought it would be fitting to review the worst tasting beer in my fridge.

I happened to grab some Bootie today (Saying that still makes me chuckle) and I have to say it tastes exactly like I thought it would. Everytime I take a sip of it I think to myself "I will never have another drink of this again." But then I look at the empty can (Yes, I purchased it in a can) next to the glass and think how much the name kicks ass. All I can say about the taste is "rotten". It really tastes like it was brewed years ago and then promptly forgotten about.

If you have friends who like to drink the cheapest beer that they can get their hands on, this would be a great gift. I'm sure they'll enjoy the humor of the name.

12-09-2005 10:17:12 | More by Stiffler
shirfan

2.2/5  rDev +0.5%

Ok ok, I did buy this based on the name alone. Wasn't expecting much, wasn't disappointed.

Pale fizzy yellow, little head.

Aroma is of sour cooked corn, fairly nasty really. If you can get past that (by drinking from the bottle), it's a marginally acceptable macro. Not overly sweet, I'd place it close to Budweiser in "flavor". No specific hopping, no redeeming body, it's just a macro through and through.

Won't ever be buying it again, but my girlfriend in a pirate costume for halloween with a bootie lager in hand was worth $5.

10-29-2005 23:06:02 | More by shirfan
clayrock81

1.58/5  rDev -27.9%

Upon visiting my old haunts I was over at my bud's place and he still buys a 12-pack of Bootie Lager at the BP for less than $10 or something ("great deal!"). This stuff isn't even worth $10 for the entire cooler filled with this shit. Pours a very non-carbonated, almost flat out of the bottle light yellow that is seethru. A vague earthy smell, although it's like being in a pasture. No real hop bite at all as this goes down smooth because it is so watery. Very little zip or feeling at all, although a noticeable backbite. Ugh. I can't believe this beer is still made. Not even up to the caliber of cheap beers.

06-25-2008 18:36:09 | More by clayrock81
steinlifter

2.68/5  rDev +22.4%

This came in a 6-pack of brown bottle, with banners around it, coaxing you to "grab it (bootie), chill it, or share it".
poured a clear light-golden,fizzy thin head, that left no retention.
smell was rather sweet, and apple-like aroma.
Mouthfeel, thin and watery.
taste wasn't as unpleasant, as I had predicted it might be, average tasting macro swill, no unpleasant aftertastes though...rather smooth, nothing to bother with here, I just tried it for the novelty bottle it came in.

02-24-2006 19:42:42 | More by steinlifter
Boto

Connecticut

1.68/5  rDev -23.3%

12 oz. bottle: A friend of my sister’s left some of these at her place and claimed that they were very good. He didn’t care for the Anchor Steams that were in the fridge also. Mine poured a clear golden color with only a little bit of head. The aroma is somewhat sour, with a bit of an old stale beer nose to it, even though it is fresh. The taste is thin, with some sourness to it. A variation of the mass macro, with no redeeming value to it. Definitely a maketing gimic to get people to buy cheap, tasteless beer.

12-17-2005 14:19:13 | More by Boto