Red Pig Mexican Ale - Cerveceria Mexicana S.A. De C.V.

Red Pig Mexican AleRed Pig Mexican Ale

Cerveceria Mexicana S.A. De C.V. visit their website
Mexico

American Brown Ale |  5.60% ABV

Beer added by: matty on 04-22-2008

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
2.31/5  rDev -29.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 1.75

This beer tastes very bad, this was one of my few drain pours. There´s almost nothing right with this one, maybe only the color, it pours very light brown, almost copper, taste and aroma are very off. (201 characters)

3.78/5  rDev +14.9%

Yes, this is one of the better mexican beers I have had. Pours a good red color, and tastes very good. Iwould be willing to put it up there with Negra Modelo or Bohemia as one of my top mexican beers. I have never been horribly dissapointed with mexican beers, and this one was a very good find. Bravo. (302 characters)

3.83/5  rDev +16.4%

Suprise! As part of my goal to drink the worlds best and the worlds worst, I picked up this one expecting it to fall into the latter category. This "disappointed" me. It was very good.
Appearance: The beer is an amber orange, with a 2" white head that disappears quickly, but leaves some significant lacing.
Smell: Biscuity Malt, with some caramel.
Taste: some grain, caramel malt,
Mouthfeel: Limited carbonation, somewhat slick.
Drinkability: I think I'll buy another! (471 characters)

3.7/5  rDev +12.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

MOre than descent. This is orbably the only MExican ale remining in the country which is not an attempt of a clon. I liked it a lot and probably the name "MExican Red ale" goes too far but the conception is good. Everybody liked even thy are not used to the taste. (264 characters)

3.1/5  rDev -5.8%

This beer is a nice tryout.

It has a strong dark red color, and a nice aroma of hops and malts.

Taste is very good, roasted malts like the aroma. Mouthfeel is perhaps a little watery at the end.

Nice for sunny days, it is very refreshing, definetly a session beer, very godd drinkability. (291 characters)

Well, I guess I'm weird or something, but I really like this one. As the bottle says, it's a "mexican ale" so comparing it to american amber/brown ales is apples and oranges. My dad brought me back some Mexican microbrews (can you believe theres such a thing?) and this beer has a lot of the characteristics I've noticed in them, but a lot better. Thinner body and sweet caramel flavors. It's like negra modelo, but better!

P.S. The cucapa barleywine is overrated, very cloying. (479 characters)

3.99/5  rDev +21.3%

Served in a mug... the color was exceptional but the great foam didn't last that much. Flavor was greatand it felt pretty smooth. Smell was exceptional too (some roasted toffee and caramel).

The bottle comes properly labeled and overall I felt it was a very well done beer.

I recommend it. (292 characters)

4.13/5  rDev +25.5%

This one is worth a try.

Very nice hazy brown-red appearance come through the pint glass while a very piney herbal smell emanates from the quickly receding head.

Flavor: coffe herbal mix that shows a very nice alcohol while at last it leaves a fruity end.

Medium body with good drinkability.

I will come back to this one. (325 characters)

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
Red Pig Mexican Ale from Cerveceria Mexicana S.A. De C.V.