Red Pig Mexican Ale - Cerveceria Mexicana S.A. De C.V.

Red Pig Mexican AleRed Pig Mexican Ale

Cerveceria Mexicana S.A. De C.V. visit their website

American Brown Ale |  5.60% ABV

Beer added by: matty on 04-22-2008

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
3.63/5  rDev +13.4%

Pours dark copper with big white head. Pretty good looking stuff actually. Smell - not bad either - malts, hops, some caramel on the back. Taste - yeast, hops, malts, some spices. Very simple beer, but still pretty good, refreshing, light and drinkable.

3.78/5  rDev +18.1%

Yes, this is one of the better mexican beers I have had. Pours a good red color, and tastes very good. Iwould be willing to put it up there with Negra Modelo or Bohemia as one of my top mexican beers. I have never been horribly dissapointed with mexican beers, and this one was a very good find. Bravo.

3.83/5  rDev +19.7%

Suprise! As part of my goal to drink the worlds best and the worlds worst, I picked up this one expecting it to fall into the latter category. This "disappointed" me. It was very good.
Appearance: The beer is an amber orange, with a 2" white head that disappears quickly, but leaves some significant lacing.
Smell: Biscuity Malt, with some caramel.
Taste: some grain, caramel malt,
Mouthfeel: Limited carbonation, somewhat slick.
Drinkability: I think I'll buy another!

3.7/5  rDev +15.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

MOre than descent. This is orbably the only MExican ale remining in the country which is not an attempt of a clon. I liked it a lot and probably the name "MExican Red ale" goes too far but the conception is good. Everybody liked even thy are not used to the taste.

3.1/5  rDev -3.1%

This beer is a nice tryout.

It has a strong dark red color, and a nice aroma of hops and malts.

Taste is very good, roasted malts like the aroma. Mouthfeel is perhaps a little watery at the end.

Nice for sunny days, it is very refreshing, definetly a session beer, very godd drinkability.

Well, I guess I'm weird or something, but I really like this one. As the bottle says, it's a "mexican ale" so comparing it to american amber/brown ales is apples and oranges. My dad brought me back some Mexican microbrews (can you believe theres such a thing?) and this beer has a lot of the characteristics I've noticed in them, but a lot better. Thinner body and sweet caramel flavors. It's like negra modelo, but better!

P.S. The cucapa barleywine is overrated, very cloying.

3.99/5  rDev +24.7%

Served in a mug... the color was exceptional but the great foam didn't last that much. Flavor was greatand it felt pretty smooth. Smell was exceptional too (some roasted toffee and caramel).

The bottle comes properly labeled and overall I felt it was a very well done beer.

I recommend it.

4.13/5  rDev +29.1%

This one is worth a try.

Very nice hazy brown-red appearance come through the pint glass while a very piney herbal smell emanates from the quickly receding head.

Flavor: coffe herbal mix that shows a very nice alcohol while at last it leaves a fruity end.

Medium body with good drinkability.

I will come back to this one.

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
Red Pig Mexican Ale from Cerveceria Mexicana S.A. De C.V.