Ed Hardy Premium Beer - Cerveceria Mexicana S.A. De C.V.

Ed Hardy Premium BeerEd Hardy Premium Beer

awful

Cerveceria Mexicana S.A. De C.V. visit their website
Mexico

American Adjunct Lager |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: dsa7783 on 09-21-2009)
2.4/5  rDev +32.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Ed Hardy Premium Beer has a thick, white head and a clear, golden appearance, with moderate carbonation. Aroma is of gummy, rancid grain, and the taste is also of the same turned whatever. There is no discernible hop character with this stuff. Mouth-feel is watery, cloying, stinging, and uncomfortable. Ed Hardy Beer finishes dry and difficult. I did not like this. It's bad. Stay away!

UPDATE: The next day I drank another one straight from the bottle, and it wasn't as bad. This improves my final score a little bit.

RJT

RonaldTheriot, Jan 10, 2011
1.6/5  rDev -11.6%

I purchased this beer because it was on sale ($6.99), big mistake. It is not worth 2 dollars. It has a fancy bottle and cool look, but the taste is bland and flavorless. I have made mistakes in the past by purchasing beer that is marked down. Make no mistake, most of the time the reasons why the beer is marked down is because of the lack of sales.

jwalker37, Jan 09, 2011
2.3/5  rDev +27.1%

12oz bottle. Saw a single of this for sale and just had to try it. Pours a clear straw color with a thin head that dissipates quickly. Decent lacing. Aroma is of corn, skunk, and grain. Taste is lacking. It's real thin and tastes like watery corn and grain. Odd aftertaste. Not very good at all but I've had worse.

PicoPapa, Dec 08, 2010
1.9/5  rDev +5%

A: This poured a clear pale straw color with some white head.
S: It smelled like sweet corn and bready malt and sour lager yeast, with a bit of lemon zest.
T: It tasted like dirty bready malt and sweet corn and sour lager yeast haphazardly blended with lemon zest and a bit of copper. The aftertaste was bland and dirty.
M: It was watery with moderate carbonation. Pretty weak body, but not surprising.
D: This was very similar to Death or Light Lager...and Bud Light. I suppose it was slightly less terrible than either of those, but not by much. This was still a worthless beer with no redeeming quality that I could discern. Aside from the designer label art, this beer was very poorly made and should be avoided.

Pencible, Oct 20, 2010
1.83/5  rDev +1.1%

12 oz. can into glass pint.
40°F

$1.50 / ea.

A: Brightest, yellowest body possible with ahuge loose head of moderate retention that leaves behind moderate lacing and a thing rocky cover. Much better than "Death or Light Beer".

S: Sweet apple aroma with a hint of phenolic spice in the background. Not bad, but pretty weak. No noticeable hop aroma. Pretty standard stuff for the style.

T: Grainy backbone with heavy cloying sweetness, and tastes a bit like corn. Very light hop bitterness, but not as clean and I would expect.

M: Light body with high carbonation. Oily at first, turning to crisp. Standard, but nothing special. I prefer the "Light" version.

D: Lacks the overall "lightness" that makes the "Death or Light Beer" tolerable. Too sweet for the flavor profile and carbonation. Not good.

O: Taste's like a macro, but costs the same as a micro. The worse of both worlds. I had low expectations after my first taste of Ed Hardy, but this was still a disappointment.

dpnelson1978, Oct 02, 2010
2.7/5  rDev +49.2%

A: A brilliant brass pour produces a seashell white head, initially a finger high, that quickly lapses to a near polished surface within the first minute of pour. A straggling carbonation bubble or two randomly appears out of nowhere and disappears just as quickly. The head dissipates almost immediately leaving not much chance of a lacing, which I suppose is typical per style. Im guessing this is a American adjunct by style so will take that into consideration, but one thing ive learned is that if you have to label your beer as premium, then a yugo has a better chance at being considered a sports car.

S: Dried corn with some leafy green stalks first appear on the nose. The strength is reserved, again typical by style. Held in check at adjunct level.

T: Light mentions of caramel popcorn sweetness come through with hints of honey are detected but still comes off a bit like watered down sweetness with a cheapened caramel grain fix. The palate is light and watery lacking a backbone while there is a fruitiness of honeydew and applesauce on the close with just a touch of hops to balance.

M: Light bodied with a watered down honey slickness and texture void of any effervesce. A still hold and you can almost forget its there.

D: An empty experience im guessing more suited for the local crowd who like their beer weak and watery and on the back of a lawnmower. Was it bad, not repulsively so, but it certainly didn't reach out and make any attempt to show any attempt at craft or quality. Unimpressive, like a caramel sweetened macro beer, which I guess that is what they were shooting for.

beerthulhu, Aug 29, 2010
1.13/5  rDev -37.6%

Picked a single for $1.79 at local package store.
The clerk asked me why I was buying that(the beer)?
Explained that I had to review it.

Decanted to a pint glass.

Pours super light gold/yellow with a thin white head that does not lace. Light to medium carbonation.

Generic smell - corn?

Generic taste, but not as punchy as Old Mil.

Really not worth the time, but cool label.

JimiG, Aug 26, 2010
1.83/5  rDev +1.1%

Pours to a thin white head that falls to a thin ring and does a bit of lacing. Color is pale gold-straw. Tons of carbonation visible. Aroma is practically nothing with a slight sweet graininess coming through. Flavor is weak adjunct grains and some residual sweetness and no detectable hop flavors. Dry and no aftertaste. Mouthfeel is light. Overall, slightly better than the Ed hardy Light.

EagleTalon, Aug 20, 2010
1.1/5  rDev -39.2%

My friend brought a case of this over the other night. Thought we would give it a try, never seen it so what the heck. Worst decision ever made, Im glad it was only $15. The appearance looked like any miller lite, coors, etc... but everything else about this so called beer was horrid. The only thing I came up with good for this beer is that its cheaper to buy this than empty bottles for my home brew. seriously, save yourself and stay away from this.

SeanLav, Jul 30, 2010
2.73/5  rDev +50.8%

Thanks to KiawahIsland for letting me try this beer. He said it was a bit of a goof when he gave it to me. He just wanted me to know it wasn't a part of our beer trade. Pretty funny, I like it.

A finger of foam forms, then immediately settles to a small cap of foam. Bright gold brass color with perfect clarity. There is some carbonation rising to the surface.

Musty, grassy, green vegetal aroma. I believe I smell the sweetness of corn.

After tasting this, I do think that corn is used as an adjunct. Very light sweet flavor that does remind of creamed corn. Not a lot of depth. As I taste the beer the musty aroma continues to get in the way. I think this is a more negative component vs. the flavor. It doesn't taste bad, there just isn't much character at all. But then again, this is marketed to people who value the Ed Hardy brand. I am NOT their target market. Slight mineral finish the more I taste the beer.

Body is light and carbonation is prickly.

It drinks mostly like water and is a beer for the beach or pool. It is what it is.

Reagan1984, Jul 03, 2010
1.53/5  rDev -15.5%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

12 oz bottle poured into a pilsner glass. Best Before 101410. No info.

A - The fierce tiger depicted on the bottle seems like a false warning for this beer. It pours golden yellow with a very short-lived white head and next to no lace. Yeah, the contents are nothing like the package.

S - Premium Beer is almost indistinguishable in aroma from "Death or Light Beer" save for the fact that the rice and corn aroma is more potent in this version.

T - A smooth and light kiss of pale malts hides behind corn and rice adjuncts showing that yes, in fact there is a true beer ingredient in this brew.

M - Sharply crisp and lightly dry, this beer leads to my stomach bloating with a few small sips, more than are probably necessary to evaluate this light-ass beer.

D - Just as bad as 'Death', Premium isn't even close to what I would consider "premium" and doesn't even warrant pawning the remaining 10 oz off on my brother who'll drink any light beer. Down the drain she goes. Can't say I'm surprised. The two were worth a laugh anyway.

BeerFMAndy, Jun 12, 2010
1.27/5  rDev -29.8%

Going through my mixed 10 pack, I had to take the bullet and try this random beer at some point...

A - The beer pours the palest of yellows - I'm talking lighter than straw. Pour head retention

S - Smells like limp broccoli and cleaning products. Yum.

T - What little flavor it has recalls creamed corn and chlorinated water I generally have tried to avoid letting it stay in my mouth, I may have to chug it to avoid tasting any more.

M - Carbonated, this is probably worse than MGD. Fact.

D - Who MADE this beer? God this is a miserable experience.

I know I'm supposed to be constructive, but this such a lazy beer that I don't think it's worthy of much thought put into it. It's a poor excuse for a beer. Sorry, guys.

ManuelHerrera, Jun 07, 2010
1.2/5  rDev -33.7%

A - A weak orange with hints of yellow. Pours a half-finger head that leaves scant lacing on the glass.

S - Like someone pissed in a bowl of cornflakes. Seriously, that's the first thing that came to mind. Like cornflakes, but with a hint of morning urine. Also, I think I smell pool water. Like someone filled a pool with cornflakes and then peed in it.

T - A really gross and cheap sweetness. No hops at all. I know I'm tasting malt, but it's such a weak and nasty malt that the taste almost defies description. I've had 40s for less than two bucks that had more flavor and depth than this.

M - The carbonation is terrible, somehow being weak and sickening all at once. The carbonation is light on the tongue, but lingers at the sides of the mouth in the same way Listerine does in the morning when you don't spit hard enough. Leaves behind the classic macro aftertaste of cheap malt and alcohol.

D - If you're already three sails to the wind, and you won't notice that a beer tastes awful, this is it. I bought this for the laughs alone. Ed Hardy makes t-shirts for douchebags and they've associated themselves with flavorless sex-in-a-canoe swill to boot. You'd think that with the $80 per t-shirt they pick up they'd have dropped a few bucks to co-opt a decent beer, but you'd be wrong. Pick up a single at your local beer shop just for giggles to elevate every other beer you've had by comparison. Seriously, I'd take Bud Light with Clamato over this swill.

glamphetamine, Jun 02, 2010
1.78/5  rDev -1.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Pours a clean/clear golden yellow color, nice carbonation, nice one-finger foamy/creamy white head, with some minimal sticky lacing left behind. The nose is malty, very slight hop note. The taste is malty, very very slight hop note. Light body. Not Drinkable, why the fuck does the SLS buy this shit.

Wasatch, Apr 28, 2010
3.58/5  rDev +97.8%

Poured from a brown 12 oz. bottle. Has a pale golden color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell is of malts, some corn. Taste is crisp, malts and slightly sweet. Feels medium bodied in the mouth and is highly drinkable. Overall this is a rather enjoyable beer.

tone77, Mar 28, 2010
1.5/5  rDev -17.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

A tarnished straw colored beer, with a small white head leaving no lacing.

A faint smell of dusty hay.

A weak sour taste, some maltiness. No hops to mention.

Low carbonation, a weak watery feeling.

No, this is not worthy to drink. Even the swedish "light beers" at 2.2% ABV has much more character and taste.

rarbring, Mar 25, 2010
1.15/5  rDev -36.5%

They just have to be kidding. This beer is simply a waste of space in the glass. It is less than nothing.

Pours thin and barely (barely) yellow with a bright white fully head that collapses instantly. The aroma is, well, just like a Coors Light - cheap, generic. The flavor is almost nonexistent - there is only the faintest bit of grain to suggest that you are drinking beer and not a funky soda water. The mouthfeel is prickly and carbonated, but there is no finish, no follow-through. Not even the slightly sour funk that usually accompanies cheap versions of the style.

Do not bother with this beer under any circumstances. If you have the need for a cheap adjunct lager (and there is nothing wrong with that), go for Miller Light or Bud Light before lining up for this one.

Seanibus, Mar 24, 2010

I poured this beer into my tumbler at 45 degrees. The beer had a nice golden color to it like normal beer. The beer poured a fair white head that did not last very long. believe it or not the beer smelled like beer! Just like it. The taste was a little sweet but not too bad. It was an okay beer that I would drink again, but it is nothing spectacular thats for sure.

Minkybut, Mar 21, 2010
1.7/5  rDev -6.1%

Thanks to lukaski for the gimmick beer hook up.

Pours a nice golden, pilsner straw color with awesome bubbling and a superawesome head with strong retention. After the look of this beer wows you, theres nothing else worth mentioning. The aroma is of stale, wet, pilsner malt left in the maltsers silo tooo long. This beer tastes staler than it smells. Decaying grassy hops, stale or old lightly toasted malt, and grade F toasted corn and rice. he palate has nothing except adjunct funk and a flat, watery linger. I will never drink this beer again.

scruffwhor, Mar 12, 2010
2.7/5  rDev +49.2%

It reminds me of malt liquor. It has nice straw colored body with just a slightly off-white head. A thin line of lace appears as the thick head disappears. The aroma is corny and somewhat medicinal. It has an average flavor at best. There are little tones of hops and malt and some fruity esters. The mouthfeel is thin with a small amount of bite.

MTNboy, Mar 06, 2010
1.02/5  rDev -43.6%

Pours a nothingness of somewhat golden color with the tiniest wisp of a white head and maybe 10 or so carbonation bubbles rising. The taste and smell can be combined and summed up in two words: creamed corn. Simply gross. Mouthfeel is about the same, leading to one of the worst drinkabilities that I have encountered.

Thorpe429, Feb 11, 2010

A - Poured a clear golden color with a thin white head that fades quickly to a ring

S - There really isn't much of a smell some grainy malt

T - Wow this is bad has a sweet malt taste and ass flavor

M - This beer has a light body with medium carbonation to it

D - This really isn't a good beer I kinda like some Mexican beers so I thought this might not be so bad but I was wrong stay a way

armock, Feb 10, 2010
1.48/5  rDev -18.2%

Pours a weak, watery yellow. 1-finger head at least gives the appearance of a decent pour. No retention and some lacing.

Nose is corn, rotting vegetation, and lemons. Not awful, but you can smell it from here.

Is this supposed to have a taste? There is literally nothing up front. No malt, no hops, no citrus, nothing. I'm getting weak, weak, weak lemons in the finish. It's not bad, but I've had water with a lemon slice that had more flavor than this.

No feel at all. Same feel as a glass of water.

No reason to drink this ever again. My wife got me a six of this for Christmas (in her defense, she really likes Ed Hardy stuff and she did get me several good beers like Maredsous 12, Anchor Christmas, Heavy Seas and a few others). The bad news is that somehow I have to get the other 5 of these out of the house. Maybe I can marinate meat in them?

beer2day, Dec 31, 2009
1.4/5  rDev -22.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1

Pours a color of yellow the best resemebles urine. It is clear yellow with no head. The smell is almost non existant maybe some corn. The taste is nothingness with a bite of skunky beer. It taste a little bit like rotting corn. The mouthfeel is slight carbonation. The drinkability is low, there is nothing to make you want to drink this beer other than the novelty of making fun of people who wear the clothes.

goblue3509, Dec 27, 2009
1.27/5  rDev -29.8%

I am going to some what quote the fellow below me! since I got this tonight in the same beers of the world from world market(no badon world market i get almost %100 of my beer there they have a GREAT selection) and I have been trying a couple of them tonight.

A: just in the bottle. but right away it was awful smell and aroma!

S: The smell is completely awful. It's skunky and has lots of corn and rice. if you ever worked in sheet metal or in a metal shop or welding metal. it smelt kinda like that. steel smell.

T: Almost exactly the same as the nose. It seems as though something has spoiled in the bottle. Corn, rice, metal, and a bit of some strange reek. (yes couldnt say it better)

M: Light, fizzy, and dry. (ed hardy needs to stick to drawing tattoos hes a good protoge of jerry collins his beer abilitys are a complete F)

D: Absolutely the worst beer I've ever had. Normally I try to find something redeeming about this beer, but this just didn't really have anything to do that. ( I think bud light is worse personally)

But over all F in the beer FFF I cant express how much I want people to avoid this CRAP) +1 to him V

P.S. this beer is a product of tecate beer out of mexico! ITS HORSE PISS!

n0rc41, Dec 25, 2009
Ed Hardy Premium Beer from Cerveceria Mexicana S.A. De C.V.