Day Of The Dead Beer (Cerveza De Los Muertos) Immortal Beloved - Cerveceria Mexicana S.A. De C.V.

Day Of The Dead Beer (Cerveza De Los Muertos) Immortal BelovedDay Of The Dead Beer (Cerveza De Los Muertos) Immortal Beloved

Cerveceria Mexicana S.A. De C.V. visit their website

Hefeweizen |  5.50% ABV

Beer added by: Lemke10 on 08-05-2013

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
3.49/5  rDev +6.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

This one just came out in my area (as well as almost all of the breweries main line), and I had to give it a shot. After all, Mexican craft beer. I have been curious about that stuff for some time now.

so I picked up two bottles to give emmn a try.

a: Its color is proper for the style, but its weak head retention does seriously count against it. its part of the soul of a hefe-wisen
Granted it makes it a LOT easier to pour, but I count against it for this

s: Banana, clove, light spice, and some fruity smells (I'm thinking nutty apricot to an extent). Not bad, but its not blowing me away

t: did I mention that I had this one after work? this is a beer best enjoyed after work...Its very drinkable. Refreshing and VERY banana forward, its very much to my liking.
Its hard to keep the glass last with a taste like this.

M: odd. this one does not bite as hard as other hefe's, but I like that. I never much like the carbiantion bit from most hefe's. Lower carb than other hefe's,but still plenty carbonated to be enjoyed.

Overall, Iam not dissapointed by this one. Are their better hefe's? yea, sadly so. but this ones drinkability and refreshing nature really makes it a good choice to shake things up
Well worth it for a 6 pack, and as a good example of a good beer from mexico.

3.64/5  rDev +11.3%

Bottle Appearance: Cloudy orange/amber with foamy white head Aroma: Banana, yeast, orange, earthy/dusty Taste: Light fruit, very fresh bananas, orange... slightly sweet Palate: Medium/Light body, slight carbonation, spicy mouthfeel Overall: Nice flavor, not too yeasty. Pleasant surprise

3.72/5  rDev +13.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I got a sample bottle from our distributor at work. This pours a cloudy golden color with a slight off-white head. There is a pretty strong aroma of wheat, citrus, and coriander. The taste is creamy and full of citrus. Finishes with a little spice. Very similar tasting to Buffalo Bills Orange Blossom Cream Ale, which is more main-stream than this. It’s nice to finally see some decent Mexican craft beers in the U.S. market.

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
Day Of The Dead Beer (Cerveza De Los Muertos) Immortal Beloved from Cerveceria Mexicana S.A. De C.V.