Pranqster - North Coast Brewing Co.

PranqsterPranqster

North Coast Brewing Co. visit their website

Belgian Strong Pale Ale |  7.60% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 06-01-1998

IBU's: 20
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Pranqster Alström Bros
Ratings: 3,081 | Reviews: 1,204

Very drinkable, one of my favorite golden ales... Go to for after mowing the lawn.

Great taste, loved every sip

Hello,

Wine was giving me headaches so I wanted to like beer but it was not happening until... a friend introduced me to Pranqster. Wow, this beer is awesome. Then I had a friend who barely drinks try it and she ordered her own, which is very unusual for her. Great job.

Good beer with a lot of taste

I poured this beer out of a 12 ounce bottle into a conical mug

The beer is straw yellow with a beautiful white perfectly foamy head

Floral and herbal scents Some grass

Vanilla tropical fruit and even some angel food cake flavors

Light and well carbonated

This is an excellent beer. Is highly drinkable and very pillow soft of a mouth feel
Absolutely delicious I would drink this again

I love this stuff...reminds me of my days in Humboldt County...

this is the best beer of my life so far. it is the most delicious, most powerful and satisfying beer i have ever had. i am drinking it in a duvel tulip glass and i got it at whole foods for $5.99 a bottle in long beach, ca. i will drink it anytime it is available over any other beer.

Absolutly one of my favorite beers. I could taste fruit with a fruity smell on top of a pleasent yeasty flavor. Well blended with little bitterness in the after taste. This is another beer that I will keep in my fridge when ever possible! My all time favorite American,"Belgium Style Golden Ale". This should be one on the top 50 American Belgian Strong Ales. In fact, it should be in the top 10 for American Belgian Strong Ales.

A: i thought a beer could not be more gold and then i saw this one being poured. came out with a clear white head too it, so beautiful so bright like the sun. funny thing too is it made a diamond design in the foam settling in my beer. the beer in its self seems to be alive, just subtle, not too jittery.

S: Has that citrus sharp Belgian unique aroma too it, can't ask for anything better.

T: Nice sharp entrance too it, goes right down the pipe and leaves no trail to hate on. almost can taste every ingredient that makes a beer sour in here... you have tangerine, lime, lemon, citrus, peach and so much more. honestly love it so much. high in carbonation tho, so if not a fan, stay away.

M: one you could just sip on for hours and hours and hours :)

i have too say overall this beer is just fucking fantastic, i have been living my life in one big lie this whole time, until this beer told me the truth. Thinking that i was a huge fan of IPA's was nice and all, and hell i got a lot of common folks saying the same thing, but in reality that just was not me. I am not gonna say that i hate them because that would be a fib as well, i enjoy IPA's, that is a fact. BUT I LOVE BELGIAN STRONG PALE ALE'S !!!

thank you pranqster.

This was a great tasting Belgian strong ale. It had everything you want in a Belgian plus amazing rich flavor and a super smooth finish.

This one of my favorite beers. Great taste and smooth! I love the flavor! When I first had it, I feel in love with it! I am happy that Publix started to carry it! I have only had in bottles. Even the bar that I discovered this greatness at only severed in bottles. If you are out with some friends, pick this brew up and have a taste!

This is one of my favorite Belgian-style ales (along with Delirium Tremens, Ommegang, etc.), if not THE Favorite... Fantastic!

Favorite beer of all time

True Abbey Ale quality & Flavor brewed right here in Cali, USA.... outstanding flavor finish look and feel. Beautiful cloudy hue...... and very potent

4.97/5  rDev +23.3%

Pours a deep golden orange color with a tall fluffy white head that slowly recedes leaving behind spider webs of lace on the sides of the glass. Nose is sweet and fruity with notes of perfume and bubblegum. Fairly full-bodied and quite smooth in texture. Taste begins with flavors of sweet honey nectar and a good amount of spice (mostly coriander) followed by some yeasty notes. Some warming alcohol comes across towards the finish balancing the initial sweetness very well. I had never heard of this beer before noticing it at the store and deciding to give it a try. And, what a pleasant surprise it has been! This beer is simply fantastic and will now be a regular in my fridge.

4.94/5  rDev +22.6%

Other than saying it is an orgasm in my mouth lol....

It has a buttery finish to a kicking strong taste.
It starts off to some with you being able to taste the alcohol.
if you let it sit in the "bitter" part of your taste buds (closer to the back) then you can experience a buttery finish.

Some people might not experience it, but to me it has a clean butter/cream white Belgium ale taste.

The alcohol content does take some getting used too!

4.94/5  rDev +22.6%

I have tried to clone this beer several times and have barely gotten close. Such a complex but simple drink. The ABV is nicely cloaked by the flavors of the hops in this beer and is SO drinkable. A great brew any time of the year. One of my favorites and one I will continue to pursue with my home brewing.

4.92/5  rDev +22.1%

Served in a Sommeliers Burgundy Grand Cru to release bouquet

Appearance: honey-orange slight haze and beautiful. Very minimal white lacing.

Smell: floral bouquet, you can also get some banana and clove in there

Taste: spicy and with full fruit body

Mouthfeel: carbonation and effervescent – feels good going down

Drinkability: a definite and would recommend to friends – I could barely put the glass down it is very enjoyable

4.92/5  rDev +22.1%

Poured into my trusty tulip. Bottle date unknown.

A: Pours a clear golden yellow with a creamy white head that measures 2 fingers. Great retention and moderate lacing.

S: Yeasty, grainy, malty, mildly hoppy, lemony, and spicy.

T: Lemon banana bread.

M: Lighter body with tight, fizzy carbonation. Creamy with a somewhat dry finish. Faint feeling of clove resin.

O: $6.99 for this 4 pack is beyond a good deal. Love this brewery and their attempt at the style.

4.89/5  rDev +21.3%

Wow I love North Coast, but I didn't expect this! Dark hazy amber color with a nice initial head - retention isn't great, but stays creamy. Aroma is thick and heavy with sweet fruits and, for lack of better words, Belgium :) I can't say the taste is otherworldly, like the similar Duvel, but still exceptional. It really has that Belgian character, unlike most American Belgian-style blonde ales I've had - fruity and sweet with some spice - refreshing, still thick and creamy. I with there was a great head on it, as that would really make each really silky, but the head touching your lips then sipping the ale from under it and getting that feeling of love in a glass. I'll try for a better head next time. I'd like to try this back to back with Duvel for kicks.

4.88/5  rDev +21.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Delicious beer, yum yum yum!

4.88/5  rDev +21.1%

12 oz from Total Wine roseville.

A - Beautiful golden hue, with a two-fingered head. Dissipates nice with a lacing.

S - Pears, bananas, cloves, and pear esters.

T - Excellent: Light pears, stronger notes of bananas, cloves, honey, slight sugary-esters, ending with a small, crisp bitterness.

M - Again the offset of the sweetness with a bitter kick in the end is great.

D - A phenomenal beer. Nice color, smell, and offset of sweetness. Not sure it can be done better.

4.87/5  rDev +20.8%

Had this beer at the North Coast Brewery 09/22/10 in a snifter glass.

This beer has a foamy white head with fairly large bubbles. It gets the scent across very well, which consists of banannas, cloves, honey and a moderate amount of apples. I could sniff this beer all day.

This is simply an amazing beer. It actually tastes like everything described above, along with an herbal spiciniess that lasts through the finish. It's extremely sweet and ever so slightly hoppy. The light carbonation provides a perfect smoothness and makes this beer very easy to drink. There is so much going on here. It finishes with a clean finish and not at all dry.

At the end of the day, I could drink this beer all day. This is a truly fantastic beer and everyone should try this at least once.

4.85/5  rDev +20.3%

A "yeasterly" blew up from the south and I complied. The beer has deep, hard winter grain fragrance and floral, dense, caramel-vanilla sweetness. Duvel-Pranqster, Pranqster-Duvel... Imagine spit-roasted Duvel-infused pears, somehow, with lots of fat dripping off of them and you have Pranqster. Imagine Pranqster shaved, finely buttoned and repressed, and you have Duvel. Utterly convincing in its girth... fat, chewy texture defines abundant floral, sinewy richness.... wow! What a beer! How can you pass something like this up? I ordered it from my wine-obsessed wholesaler and it magically appeared... Thank you NCBC! (good at cleaning out the asbestos-laden breathing canals...)

4.85/5  rDev +20.3%

Poured into sturdy chalice. Poured gently so that there was less than 1 finger of head. Head dissapated quickly leaving a nice lace. A beautiful hazy orange-gold color. Great spicy aroma. Fantastic tasting beer with a well balanced spice flavor. Well rounded, full body. Extremely drinkable. On the strong side for a session, but since it's sold in 4 packs it's just the right amount for sitting next to the river in summer. Or snuggled warmly with a book on a cold night. Or anytime, really. Truly a classic.

Pranqster from North Coast Brewing Co.