Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout - North Coast Brewing Co.

Old Rasputin Russian Imperial StoutOld Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout

North Coast Brewing Co. visit their website

Russian Imperial Stout |  9.00% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 01-18-2001

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout Alström Bros

4.54/5  rDev +5.6%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Pours a almost jet black with some head and a lasting ring with lacing.

Smell is milk chocolate, dark fruit, roasted barley, vanilla, toast, cocoa, a sort of fruity smell, maybe yeasty.

Taste is one of my favorites, with a big dark malt swig, just a huge chocolate and coffee hit, with plenty of complex flavors to keep you company while it warms and changes a bit.
This is one of my favorite imperial stouts as it has all the flavors I've come to love from big beers and also a complex roasty profile that tickles my fancy. It's sort of like narwhal but its just a tad better to me.

Mouthfeel is perfect and feels just right for this beer. It's superb with medium carbonation and a thick feel that gives it just the right amount of viscosity to blend well with the flavors and alcohol level. 9% fits just right as its not quite a session beer but it allows you to have a few in one sitting and feel alright.

Huge letdown as my local store ran out and this is my last one, oh well I'll have to wait I guess lol. Try this beer if you haven't, you won't regret it.

4.25/5  rDev -1.2%

If I could afford it, I would drink this every single day. Easily my favorite beer of all time.Bread read, raisins, chocolate, coffee, spices, and the perfect boozy finish are enough to make this beer seem like a staple food. The only other brew I could compare to Old Rasputin is Sierra Nevada Narwhal. But since that one is harder to find, I stick by my claim of this being the best beer in the world.

4.45/5  rDev +3.5%

Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout from North Coast Brewing Co.