Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout - North Coast Brewing Co.

Old Rasputin Russian Imperial StoutOld Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout

North Coast Brewing Co. visit their website

Russian Imperial Stout |  9.00% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 01-18-2001

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout Alström Bros

4.43/5  rDev +3%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

64oz Growler from the local liquor store.

I am not usually a stout fan. I told my friend at the liquor store to get me something i have never tried, as i always do. He came back with my growler telling me it was Old Rasputin. Apparently being a a Russian Imperial Stout to my dismay. I was SOOOO wrong. This beer was so complex. It had a wonderfully aromatic head, leaving a fine dotted lacing along the sides of my glass. The taste was dark espresso, milk chocolate, and almost burnt tasting malt. By burnt i mean a smokey taste. I found myself entranced by the the beer settling back through the head after a sip. You could watch the almost black liquid fall through the caramel head making fine swirls. Being 9% ABV was defiantly a plus as well. I don't like a beer unless it knocks me on my ass. Well, overall i will defiantly be getting this again, and maybe changing my opinion on stouts as a whole.

4.75/5  rDev +10.5%

3.8/5  rDev -11.6%

I am surprised at the varying tastes/appearance etc... of Imperial Russian Stouts. This experience was definitely a good one. A very good rich stout that pour nice and dark with very little head. There is very little fragrance with this pour so the taste will need to make or break this review. Well, it made it. A very tasty stout that does not linger too long in the mouth. Very drink-able and well worth the purchase.

4.75/5  rDev +10.5%

3.75/5  rDev -12.8%

3.75/5  rDev -12.8%

4.25/5  rDev -1.2%

Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout from North Coast Brewing Co.