Bikini Blonde Lager - Maui Brewing Co. (Brewpub)

Bikini Blonde LagerBikini Blonde Lager

good

good

Maui Brewing Co. (Brewpub) visit their website
Hawaii, United States

Munich Helles Lager |  4.50% ABV

100% malt, brewed as a Helles w/ German malts and hops.

(Beer added by: atigerlife on 12-16-2005)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bikini Blonde Lager Alström Bros
1.75/5  rDev -52.1%

2.75/5  rDev -24.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

12 oz. can, listed as 4.5%,

A: Pours a pale yellow, a little hazy, nice head and lacing.

S: Really not much at all, light malt and honey.

T: Malt is lightly bready with some sourdough and honey. Hops are earthy and give some soil notes which is a turnoff.

M: Nice mouthfeel, not watery, but light and easily drinkable.

D: A fair beer from Maui, not as good as the major German producers, I thought it was too hoppy for the style.

2.8/5  rDev -23.3%

A - Maize transparent yellow with a fat 2.5 finger head
S - Very very slight hint of noble hops nothing really impressive at all
T - Sweet pale malts without any hint of bittering hops at all
M - very smooth up front, but more carbonated in the middle with a slight milky feel at the back
D - Very Drinkable. I could picture this beer being the gateway for those who are used to BMC pale lagers.

2.83/5  rDev -22.5%

this is nothing special, the novalty of being from the islands wares off fast, the can is cool though. this is week in abv, color and taste. this tastes of corn and no hpo presents at all, i am glad that i got to try this but one is good enough for me

2.95/5  rDev -19.2%

A 12oz. can received as a generous offering from my drinkin' buddy ~ Mr. Mustachio.

Served Ice Cold

A full on gurguling pour into an Imperial pint.

A ~ Pale, cloudy banana colored with a towering white crown that rose a 1/2" above the glass rim & held firm. Towers of bubbles rise to reduce the head to a foamy skim. Webbed lacing dissolved as the beer warmed to the glass.

S ~ The aroma was a little soapy with sour citrus notes, fresh cut green flowers & corn pops.

T ~ There are those (sweet) corn pops again?? Pasty, bready grains. Lemon pith & grassy, floral notes. A little pepper on the finish.
Washed out, floral after taste was a little disappointing.

M ~ Medium bodied with a cleansing, crisp carbonation level. There's a ghostly hop presence that lends itself to a moderately bitter finish. Pepper in the throat & on the tongue.

D ~ As a regional scarcity I was glad to have the opportunity to try this beer. I'm still intrigued with the whole craft canned beer thing AND, I'm thinkin' this is better when it's served ice cold. By the time I pondered the qualities & drafted the review I was looking forward to moving on to something else. Not the worst swill I ever swallowed, but probably not something I'd seek out again.

Is this what the Sailors REALLY come to shore for? I doubt it.

3.03/5  rDev -17%

I had this beer on tap at the brewery while I was on vacation there. As a disclaimer, I should mention that I'm not a huge fan of light beers. This beer was straw colored. It has a light hop aroma with not much else present. The hop flavor is pretty good, and is the strongest flavor without being too strong. It is light bodied and I would consider it to have medium drinkability.

3.13/5  rDev -14.2%

Hey, this beer is great. Heres the deal, this really doesn't smell good I cant place the smell, but I just dont like it. BUT this beer tastes Fantastic. I'm shocked, but man, this is a great tasting beer, one smell and I was ready to set it down, but I love it now. The mouthfeel is sort of creamy and thick, but the finish it bubbly and whisks the thickness away, leaving my mouth dry....craving more! I do recommend this brew.

I had to edit my review and knock the drinkability down to 1.0, as I will never drink it again. So after the first night of drinking it, I woke up the next morning with a headache and tight muscles. I did not blame this on the beer, and thought it was totally unrelated. Then I talked with my friend who had experienced the same exact thing. I still didnt really put it together. But then I had it again, and sure enough a headache set in, shortly after just one beer. AGAIN, I gave the beer the benefit of the doubt. So I finished off my six pack the next night with the final two beers. Headache and back ache AGAIN. I have no other choice now but to come to the conclusion that they have put Something in this brew that is causing this.

3.15/5  rDev -13.7%

Made by Maui Brewing Co. and served at this wondeful brewpub in Kahana [West Maui]. 16 IBU. Made iwth 100% malted barley.

The appearance is very light but with a creamy head. A light smell with no distinguishing characteristics.
Taste is rather weak. Somewhat watery. Has a slight hint of hops and a malt finish.
Mouthfeel is good which, combined with the light character and low ABV, make this a beer that is very drinkable. Overall, too weak and lacking character for me to want more.

3.15/5  rDev -13.7%

Big thanks to Hopdog for the can!
Pours cloudy yellow and opaque with a huge lasting head. Smell is yeasty, light malt, and lemon. Taste is smooth and creamy despite the appearance of high carbonation, almost wheaty with a hint of lemon. Musty, yet clean. Interesting and definitely different than the average pale lager.

3.23/5  rDev -11.5%

What is there to say...perfectly named beer. Bikini...I love bikinis, blonde....I do enjoy a blond. (especially in a bikini). Larger...yes I do love me a larger....

Poured out of a can which I might claim to be my favorite can I have seen in some time.
The beer is golden with about 50% visibility through it. Slight haze but I wouldn't call this beer foggy.

Taste good with nice strong German flavor. Not what I expected but I enjoyed it. There is a hint of unfiltered flavor to it but I don't think this is an unfiltered beer.

It has a full flavor on the mouthful that tingled in the back of the mouth. I wished the day was 85 degrees out and I could sit on my back patio to enjoy rather then the 45 degrees it was here in Boise.

3.25/5  rDev -11%

Bikini Blonde Lager from Maui Brewing Co. (Brewpub)