Samuel Smith's Organic Strawberry Fruit Beer - Samuel Smith Old Brewery (Tadcaster)

Samuel Smith's Organic Strawberry Fruit BeerSamuel Smith's Organic Strawberry Fruit Beer

Samuel Smith Old Brewery (Tadcaster) visit their website
United Kingdom (England)

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  5.20% ABV

(Beer added by: bark on 01-24-2009)

Lanstrum, Nov 22, 2012

OregonGrown7, Apr 01, 2014

StretchZep, Aug 22, 2012

Deatherage, Jun 08, 2014

ST444, Aug 04, 2014

Kempski, Jun 23, 2013

caitlinds, Mar 30, 2014
Photo of

You rated this beer. Add a review.

, Oct 21, 2012

Stevie_Janowski, Sep 02, 2012

I was mildly skeptical of this ale's fruity properties until I popped the cap and the tremendous aroma of strawberries filled my kitchen. I poured the dark orange ale into my tall pils glass and sampled the ale...well, it wasn't really tasting like ale...it was strawberry puree with a slight tartness to it. The taste was so much strawberry that I missed the ale until it warmed up, but the combination was so exciting.

The experience of blending fruit in a blender for pile filling or mixed drink special would normally achieve the same results as the ale in my glass. I cannot remember anything in beer like this.

Nuixx, Feb 27, 2011

Unchi, Dec 07, 2011
4.83/5  rDev +27.8%

A: Cloudy and rusty-hued; topped with a golden, off-white, two-finger head that lasted nicely, but with minimal lacing.

S: Smells exactly like strawberry jam cooking in a pot.

T: Tart, cooked strawberries is the first and dominant flavor. There's a creaminess to it, and a touch of bitter hops, but those play second fiddle to the overwhelming strawberry flavor. Yet it works! It is seriously delicious!

M: Crisp and bursting with carbonation as it washes over the tongue. The bubbles fade into a creamy smoothness, before a mild dryness kicks in at the end. Indeed, it was that rare mix of refreshing beginning and tart, dry end to make you crave the next sip.

O: I'd been told about this one ages ago, but gave it a pass for so long because I thought it would be just another "girl drink." It is amazingly fruity, that's for sure, but not in a cloying way -- the tartness prevents that, and is more lambic than traditional beer. Frankly, this is the epitome of a fruit beer. Is it for everyday drinking? No (at least not for me!) But just like it's nice to have dessert as a change of pace after a lot of hearty meals, it's very enjoyable to sample this one from time to time.

TappaKeggaBrew, Dec 18, 2012
4.79/5  rDev +26.7%

If you're looking for a refreshing beer for the summer....THIS IS IT! I bought this on a whim since I love the Organic Chocolate Stout and was not disappointed. It pours to a golden amber with an absolutely perfect head. The aroma is strictly strawberry and it goes down almost as fast as you can drink it.
I am usually a dark/stout drinker and this ale has converted me...give it a try.

pat2407, Jun 09, 2014
4.76/5  rDev +25.9%

Definitely my favorite Fruit beer ever. Hands down. The first thing I noticed is its smell. I got strong notes of strawberry jam and honey with a slight citrus undertone. It smells absolutely delicious to say the least. The taste is very similar as well. I get creamy strawberry notes with honey, citrus, wheat and smooth malts to finish it off. Truly a masterpiece in my opinion. This is how Fruit beer should be in my head.

AyeMito, Jul 29, 2014

RoninBirdman, Aug 19, 2013

benalbert, Apr 15, 2014

intoxabroad, Oct 23, 2012

Josiah2729, Apr 14, 2012

illini4x4, Sep 03, 2012

odualum13, May 21, 2012
4.72/5  rDev +24.9%

Poured a cloudy amber into my pint glass with a nice inch and a half head that lingered for a bit. Good lacing during the drinking period too.

Aroma was of strawberries with a subtle citrus hop backing.

Flavor was of strawberries and a malty flavor that produced a creamy texture. The light hops balance it out at the end. I was pretty impressed by this brew (and so was my girlfriend, we both wanted more of this stuff).

Medium-full mouthfeel because of the creaminess of the brew and the carbonation. Rich, sweet/bittersweet mouthfeel that coats the tounge.

A very interesting drink. I would definitely have this again. I wouldn't call this a session beer unless you like knitting doiley's all night long but it's still good as hell!

davexisxrabid, Jun 22, 2009
4.63/5  rDev +22.5%

Poured into a Hill Farmstead tasting glass, revealing a muddled and cloudy rose body under an active but thin white head. Very pretty, very delicate. I can smell the strawberries from feet away. Smells like Smuckers strawberry jam. Guess that's what I'd look for in a beer featuring strawberries.

Tastes light, sweet, strawberry-y and spritz-y. Slightest flavor of the ale comes through at the end, which is commendable in its bread-like character. Honestly, it tastes like I've taken a slice of fresh-baked white bread and absolutely drowned it in strawberry jam, then chased it with a dry champagne. I have to say I like that. Mouthfeel is vivacious with a tiny pelting carbonation livening up an otherwise light and slightly dry body. Very refreshing, very drinkable.

With a nod to the natural flavors, it's tough to make a beer more "fruit" than this. I applaud the way it came out.

abuliarose, Sep 23, 2010
4.59/5  rDev +21.4%

I just died and went to fruit beer heaven!

A- An opaque copper color, frothy head with high retention, and heavy lacing.

S- Smells like strawberry jam!

T- Tastes like strawberry jam as well. I have a sweet tooth and I'm loving this right now. If you're one to dislike sweet things, I wouldn't recommend it, but it is highly recommended to anyone who does. While it says it's made with fruit juice, it doesn't taste artificial to me, which is a huge plus.

M- Like a heavily carbonated juice.

I can't believe I didn't try this sooner! I kept passing it up for the other Sam Smith stouts (also awesome) but I'm interested in their other fruit beers now.

Kerrie, Feb 18, 2013
4.55/5  rDev +20.4%

bonbright7, May 19, 2010
4.53/5  rDev +19.8%

A recent find that absolutely blew my mind. I found it at Wegman's here in Central PA and I was floored with how balanced this was. Starting off, the nose on this was phenomenal, my fiancee smelled it as soon as I opened it and she was sitting on the couch about 15 feet away, I kid you not. Secondly, it went down extremely smooth without any residual bitterness. My fiancee even enjoyed a sip or two and she RARELY drinks beer at all. The sweetness is up-front for sure but it's not fake feeling. It tastes like the natural sweetness of a strawberry picked right in season. It doesn't taste like sugar was just dumped in. The finish on this was amazing as well, it left no aftertaste at all, very clear, very tidy.

darktower, Oct 02, 2012
Samuel Smith's Organic Strawberry Fruit Beer from Samuel Smith Old Brewery (Tadcaster)