Solstice D'été Aux Framboises - Brasserie Dieu Du Ciel

Quebec, Canada

Berliner Weissbier |  5.90% ABV

Availability: Summer

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 07-14-2002

Berliner weiss with raspberries.
firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next → last
4.26/5  rDev +0.2%

Appearance is a very bright red. One of the most unique looks for a beer I had ever seen.

The beer has a very pleasant raspberry tart/sour scent. Not overwhelming by any stretch but enough to give you a good hint of what is to come.

Solstice D'ete has a wonderful, refreshing summertime taste. As a framboise (i believe also a wheat framboise), it is quite sour, but not as sour most other sour beer I drink. Very easy to drink and has a bit of a dry, but still tasty finish.

I was not expecting to like this beer as much as I did, wound up ordering a second. I really enjoy the Dieu Du Ciel beers and tried many others this past weekend. This one was far and away my favorite! (683 characters)

4.04/5  rDev -4.9%

Reddish with a touch of gold; clear; no lasting head or lace.

Wow, this may be the greatest amount of raspberry aroma I've ever experienced. It's not sweet, more like a fresh raspberry.

Think raspberry tart; this is delicious but relatively one-dimensional. The aftertaste is quite sour. The body is thin but adequate. Lots of carbonation.

This is a refreshing and sour; a step from what I would call a Framboise-it's delightful. (433 characters)

4.24/5  rDev -0.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

Re-sampled 02sep2005

Appearance: Impressive, vibrant red with a slick of froth that contrasts with it's pearly white color. It really does look like those alcopop nightmares...

Smell: Strong, fruity acidity that reminded of raspberry flavored vinegar or a dry rosé wine, it had a floral-like sweetness that didn't come out at all in the taste, sort of like eau-de-rose or those flowery essences they use to make some mediterranian desserts.

Taste: Whoh, this stuff is tang-tastic! Lip-smacking, like pure, unsweetened cranberry juice. May not be for everyone, but I seriously believe that it's impossible to make a Beer more refreshing than this. Light, wheaty body, and a dry mead aftertaste. This stuff is kick ass. (727 characters)

3.94/5  rDev -7.3%

Okay, I don't know where to start with this beer! Can I say a beer? Or maybe some fruit alcoholic juice, this is a weird freaky beer, not for my tastes but very interesting and fun too.

Appearance, is bright red, like you would have a strawberry juice, very nice color. The head dissapeard very quicky, too quicky as the white of the head and the bright red of the beer were beautiful when teamed together.

Smells like cherry, not too strong, not to shy, a balanced smell.

Taste, oh my, here we go... SOUR, VERY SOUR! The first sip I can assure you, you will go funny faces. It very acid and sour, reminding me of some gueuze/lambic /fruit. Then, you get curious and the taste get better.

It is quite an experience to try (734 characters)

4.73/5  rDev +11.3%

I'm thinking of making the drive from So. NH to Montreal just to have this brew! This is an interpretation of the Berliner Weisse style done avec fruit (strawberry, raspberry, or blueberry), with this lovely example being enhanced by the raspberry. Strikingly beautiful rose red color with pinkish head. Tart?? Can I hear ya say "Hell Ya"!! Freshly picked raspberries run bone-dry through the finish. This isn't for the faint of heart, a definate no-no for non-BA women drinkers looking for one of them funky-ass sweet fruit brews. (535 characters)

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next → last