Annedale Spruce - Brasserie Dieu du Ciel!

Annedale Spruce
No picture.

Awaiting 10 Reviews

pDev: n/a
Brasserie Dieu du Ciel! visit their website
Quebec, Canada

Herbed / Spiced Beer |  ABV ?

Availability: Summer

Beer added by: gskitt on 07-11-2011

3.82/5  rDev n/a

This was the second beer I tried at Brasserie Dieu Du Ciel. It was recommended to me by the brewer and other patrons. Poured a light amber, cloudy. No head to speak of. Had some barnyard notes in the scent musty, other than that, simply funky. Tasted like the bartender told me it would, not unlike a christmas tree might smell. According to the bartender, this is an very old style brewed without hops as the English had yet to bring hops to North America. This beer only had a hint of carbonation, and had a taste and mouthfeel that was unique and unlike anything I have ever tried. Funky, piney, yet not hoppy. Spruce-like i guess. I don't know what style to compare it to, so my review might not be spot on. I am really glad I had the chance to try it, but it would not be my first choice. Also, I do not know exactly, but the bartender said the ABV was "around 6%"

Annedale Spruce from Brasserie Dieu du Ciel!
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.