Ma Bière D’épinette - Bedondaine & Bedons Ronds

No picture uploaded.

Bedondaine & Bedons Ronds visit their website
Quebec, Canada

Herbed / Spiced Beer |  7.10% ABV

This beer is the 12th in the “beer-brewers apprentices” series. It was created on July 5th, 2007 and brewed with my dad Denys. And… he cut himself the seedlings! It is composed of five varieties of grain, a variety of hop and flavored with 25 pounds of spruce seedlings.

To drink for healthy teeth, healthy gums and it offers the best protection against scurvy!

(Beer added by: Sammy on 09-01-2008)
Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

3.45/5  rDev -6.8%

Festival Bières et Saveurs 2008. A spruce beer, which is what they gave soldiers in Eastern Canada to ward off scurvey and replenish vitamins, even though they were posted on land. But hey they enjoyed it. Good thing the British were around whenever the Americans invaded. Oh, and my dad was still given this when posted earlier in the World War in Quebec when he was with the Royal Engineers.
Pale yellow with a white head and lace. Creamy yet below average mouthfeel. Spruce made it quite sour. Herbal aroma. I had a much more interesting variation of this by DDC years ago. Oh, and my dad's friends brewed a terrible version of this when I was young.

Sammy, Sep 01, 2008
4.65/5  rDev +25.7%

This was my favorite beer at Bedondaine & Bedons Ronds. It is a spruce beer and I'll honest I was skeptical at first but this beer is one of the best beers I have ever had the Brewmaster said it was experimental. I hope they kept it. It went so well with food especially Italian.

Appearance- A dark yellow almost brass color. Great white lace and head.

Smell- A strong herbal and piney scent. This aroma is perfume like and will grab your attention.

Taste- Has a very piney and floral taste and some what of a bittersweet aftertaste.

Mouthfeel- Medium bodied with average carbonation.

Drinkability- I think I am in love.

MTNboy, Aug 12, 2008

oldp0rt, Sep 03, 2012
Ma Bière D’épinette from Bedondaine & Bedons Ronds
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.